Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews deluxe room ocean facing boutique hotel great service mind jo jo free sunbeds medium size mae phim family holiday big room beautiful room many ways private location nice beach other hotels thai food quiet area
Selected filters
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Nice food at 4K Restro, both breakfast and set dinner. A very great service from hotel's staff. The room is so comfy but blanket and sheet are not so clean. The bathroom is huge. All amenities are good, providing 4 bottles of water per night! Sadly, the location is quite far from the city, especially for the one who doesn't have own car. And there's no convenient store around the hotel. And don't have much activities and the pool is quite small.

Date of stay: July 2012
2  Thank ParieBenjy
Reviewed June 9, 2012

This ex-X2 Rayong might not be a real 4 stars boutique hotel, I considered it as a small luxury service apartment with some local staffs. Since there are only 13 guests rooms so the hotel area is quite small. I booked the room online and chose ocean facing room which there are 8 of this room type, other 4 rooms are garden view, you cannot see the ocean from these room type since they were right behind the restaurant building. There is only 1 suite room located on top of the reception building.
The check in process was so disappointing since the lady staff offered me a room on lowest floor which she said there is only one room left, I asked if I can have an upper floor since it was Thursday and not a long weekend the hotel shouldn't be full.
She insisted this is the only room available so I asked if I can still see the ocean view, her answer really get me angry she said this room is connected to the hotel pool and there are lots of banana trees in front of the room which may obstruct the view.....At that moment I have no words just look at my partner and thinking to cancel the room and find other hotels.

That lady staff might notice our feeling then she said she can move us to room on 4th floor just like that!? I don't know why she gotta upset guests first then she know what can she do better.
The room on 4th floor is perhaps the best position from all 8 ocean facing rooms. It is high enough to see view clearly and
more private.

Our breakfast was served in room since it was raining both morning that we stayed. So we never tried buffet breakfast at the hotel restaurant. However we tried a simple dinner at the restaurant on second night, just us 2 booked the table at 7pm and it was so very quiet, table have not been set at the time we arrived, we had to wait around 15 mins, however, the staffs are friendly and tried their best to give good service to the only 2 guests that night.

Even thought the hotel management is not quite professional compared to the real 5 stars boutique hotel but I understand that most staffs are local people they got their own hospitality styles so I don't think this is a big problem as long as they can make the room tidy and clean they can cook well and respect the privacy of guests.
Overall I am quite appreciated this mini hotel with only 13 rooms and a small swimming pool with a tiny beach front restaurant. This hotel can be a simple hideaway vacation not far from Bangkok.

Date of stay: April 2012
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Great hotel with very helpfull staff and nice pool. Rooms with fantastic view. Location a little off but good for relaxation.

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed February 7, 2012

My last holiday trip to Rayong with good friends and someone special was a memorable one. Only a few hours drive from Bangkok, we arrived at X2 Rayong in the afternoon - the location is a little bit far away from town but it is good to spend a quality time with friends and your love one.

The hotel is one of Centara Boutique Collections, suitable for young couple and a group of friends, of course. With its stylish design and private sea view, X2 Rayong can be one of the best hotels in Rayong although you can find some small defects throughout the resort, the overall satisfaction is still "Good" to "Better" than many hotels in the town.

The staff is very friendly and helpful. I received some useful tips and information about tourist attractions in Rayong from the reception - this is actually my first time to visit this small town. The staff also recommended some good restaurants and local market outside the hotel for lunch and dinner.

I stayed at room no. A03 for 2 nights - I love the view from my private balcony, the sofa at the outside terrace, the bed and definitely the bathroom with big bathtub. The room is equipped with some friendly-technology devices, flatscreen Samsung TV and SONY DVD player. Standard room amenity was also displayed.

It was raining in the first morning, we did order room service for breakfast. We later catched up with another friends at the swimming pool, I didn't see other guests around but just the four of us there. I noticed that the garden might not been looked after well, it will be a lot better if the hotel's management team take good care of trees and plantations.

To finish the review, I would recommend this hotel to anyone who will visit Rayong during the weekend or just a day on their business trip. I love the calm, tranquility and privacy of the resort.

Date of stay: October 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank AorPhatthawut
Reviewed February 6, 2012

Pros: Excellent quality rooms, all the things you'd want in a four-star hotel: in-room safe, good A/C, large TV and DVD player, and so forth. Right on beach (though if you like long walks you'll have to make some detours at the smallish beach in front of the hotel to the larger public area). Nice pool. The dinner selections at the restaurant are reasonably priced and well prepared, actually better than the places in town, I think.

Cons: The staff does not speak good English, and a few of the front-office folks could care less. One in particular is almost rude, extremely unusual in Thailand! The breakfast was three-star, not four-star. There are no taxis or tuk-tuks available. The hotel's "shuttle service," (the surly front office person + car) is irregular and not dependable.

Recommendation: If you can book this place inexpensively, say less than THB 4,000, I'd grab it. At the rack rate, around THB 6,000, or the Expedia rate, THB 5,000, it's way overpriced.

Date of stay: February 2012