My girlfriend and I just spent two nights at the Phu Chasai resort. I had booked us there because of the advertised scenery and tranquility and: they allowed me to bring my Yorkie along! We were not disappointed: the resort and surrounding area are simply amazing and breathtaking! If you want to get away from daily hectic moden life, this is the place to go. The facebook addicts still have internet available, but there are no TVs (with all their meaningless blabbering programs) .... giving you the opportunity to relax and just enjoy life itself for a change.
The staff's friendliness and attention does exceed the already high standards set by the wonderful people of Thailand. The GM, Steven, made sure himself, that my special needs were met (for example: treating me to some "cold stress relief beer" upon arrival, after I had gotten lost on the way to resort and subsequently drove around without a clue at night for some time).
Even my little Yorkie had a wondeful time: there were new doggie friends to be met, so many new places and smells to be explored and she enjoyed the spacious room with patio as much as we did.
It is a wonderful place and now, that I know how to find it right away, I am certainly looking forward to my next visit!
My "kob khun mak krup" to the entire staff!
Rudi, Joy & Sophie
PS: I did not give a 5 star rating (liked to give a 4 and 1/2) due to the fact that price of hotel, restaurant and spa is comparable to "western" resorts. I have travelled some in Thailand and surrounding countries to know that upscale hotels and resorts, like this one, do command such prices. I have not yet stayed at "cheaper" places that are available, so I can't really compare the service. As "buyer" one always likes to pay less, if possible, right? Either way, I'll be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Close by but a world away, Phu Chaisai is the iconic Northern Thailand destination resort and one of the first boutique resorts of Thailand and first to incorporate lifestyle and wellness into the holiday experience; For example, yoga and organically grown produce. Set among 500 hectare of unspoiled and lush subtropical mountain forest, peace and tranquility await you at Phu Chaisai. Choose from four room categories: bamboo cottages, mountain cottages, authentic Thai wooden houses, and grande deluxe cottages. All lodging incorporates natural building materials like bamboo and leaf covered roofs to blend into the natural surroundings. There are over sixty seasonal activities and excursions available, from trekking and horseback riding to mediation and yoga. Phu Chaisai is noted for its gentle Northern Thai hospitality, authentic regional Thai cuisine and open-air spa, which offers exceptional value as well as highly skilled therapists. Phu Chaisai is a perfect destination for travelers seeking tranquility and self discovery as part of a fun and enjoyable holiday. At Phu Chaisai you will discover there is no television in our rooms. You may also discover yourself. Phu Chaisai: because sometimes it’s about how you feel in a place. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your Phu Chaisai Mountain Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Phu Chaisai Mountain Hotel Mae Chan
- Phu Chaisai Mountain Resort And Spa
- Hotel Phu Chaisai Mountain
- Phu Chaisai Mountain Resort & Spa Thailand/Chiang Rai Province, Asia