We stayed here for 3 nights as we began our holiday in Thailand. The rooms are charming and good value although they need some attention to detail.....the shower curtain needed replacing, for example. The whole place has a homely feel and the customer service was fine, always aiming to please. The noise from the main road, as mentioned previously, is quite loud, particularly during rush hour. The dining area next to the river (it's not a canal!!!) is very pretty but by placing lights above the tables, the mozzies soon take hold! Maybe candles on the tables, moved away from the lights would be better (citronella candles are good bug defence too).
The bikes are a bonus for something to do as going in and out of town can be a nuisance. Riding through the fields of golden corn, particularly gorgeous. There is also a very lovely coffee shop if you turn immediately left out of the hotel, the first little shop over the bridge.
The market in chaing Mai on a Sunday evening is a must do,
To summarise, by all means try this place but 2 nights is probably enough. 3 1/2 is probably a fairer score.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The touch of nature, to live in the old rice barn, to meet the diversity of ferns, to be away from crowded city and stay in a peaceful land which is surrounded by shady trees and variety of ferns. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fern Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fern Paradise Hotel San Sai
- Fern Paradise Chiang Mai Province, Thailand - San Sai
- Fern Paradise Hotel Chiang Mai