Review Highlights
Beautiful atmosphere, delicious food, and charming teacher!

Reviewed 5 days ago
Foodandwellnessfix
Chiang Mai, Thailand
via mobile
A lovely day spent cooking in beautiful surroundings

Reviewed 1 week ago
dsbali
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
via mobile

All reviews his wife rice beautiful farm chiang mai local market cooking school cooked dishes family farm cook book great food cooking course afternoon siesta different types thai food soup spring rolls between courses
Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

We loved the natural atmosphere of the open air cooking shelter surrounded by a gorgeous farm and whimsical relaxation areas. We also enjoyed learning about the local ingredients and seeing them taken from their natural form on the farm and not out of a can. Sammy was engaging and had a fun sense of humor. The food was delicious and the portions were beyond generous (I recommend takeaway containers unless you wear sweatpants ;).

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

My sister and I had a great time with Sammy and his family. The setting is lovely at his family farm just outside Chiang Mai. The introduction to spices herbs and produce and overall teaching quality is very good - all done with humour and friendliness. An afternoon break / nap in hammocks is also included during the day. We had a lovely international group the day we went. The dishes we cooked were delicious. Everything is well organised.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Sammy is a top notch educator.
He provided an excellent learning environment. He was very engaging. He kept the whole experience fun and also serious when needed. I'd take more classes from him. The trip to the market gave us a good overview.
Then the relaxing,beautiful, spotless farm and classrooms were perfect.
And I learned to cook thai food!

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I would highly recommend Sammy’s cooking school, it was a fabulous day, really informative and his farm is beautiful, especially the loo with In built coconut tree!
Sammy and his wife are both lovely and so are their hammocks!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This was a highlight of our Thailand trip. Sammy and his wife do a great job actually teaching about all the ingredients we would use that day and were very hands and helpful. He has a beautiful property and the best bathroom in Chiang Mai! Also you leave with a very nice informative cookbook for when you want to remake some of the delicious food you made during the class. I highly recommend!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

we got recommended to sammys cooking class from a friend who visited a year ago, and we were so happy we went !
sammy takes care of everything from emails & bookings, to pick up/ drop off, and the cooking class in his very own home on his lovely farm. i love how personal the whole experience was, not commercialized or touristy.
sammy is hilarious and was so fun to learn from ! the farm is beautiful and you get to learn so much about different plants and herbs before the cooking starts.
we also went to a local market to see and understand what people typically use for curries and thai meals, and had 10 minutes to walk around and explore for ourselves.
the class is an all day event but sammy fits in a good hour and a half - 2 hour break on the farm to relax/ digest the first 2 dishes you cook.
he has plenty of awesome day beds and hammocks under fans to relax and enjoy your time ! my husband and i literally took a nice little nap in between the meals haha.
the dishes were so yummy and the best part is that you get to go home with sammys cook book ! we were able to have a stress free class not worrying about remembering everything he taught, because we knew we were going home with a book with all instructions and information about the meals.
we then finished our class and got dropped off back at our hotel.
it was seriously such a fun class and day ! i would highly recommend taking his cooking course if you’re in chiang mai. great for families as well :)
thanks sammy !

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We had a pleasant experience with Sammy on his beautiful farm. We were picked up at our hotel as planned and taken to a local market where Sammy showed us a few different noodles and spices commonly used in Thai homes. We then got a chance to walk around and explore for about 10 minutes. I bought 4 packets of curry pastes and 3 packs of chili flakes to take home to family all for less than $5 US! After the market we went to the farm where Sammy showed us some of the herbs and vegetables they grow that we would be using in the class including turmeric root, lemongrass, and different types of basil. The ingredients were all portioned out for us and ready to be diced or smashed up in the mortar. We made delicious curry, stir fried dishes, papaya salad, and more. Half way through the day we were given about an hour to rest. Sammy has a nice area with hammocks were we were able to nap or enjoy the wifi. I napped. After all the cooking we each received a cook book with all the recipes offered and more. If you are interested in learning about Thai cuisine this is a great experience. Sammy and his cooking family are very passionate about their farm and using fresh ingredients. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We arrived in Bangkok just over a week ago and have slowly made our way up to Chang Mai. I had seen from Instagram people that had already done this class and thoroughly enjoyed it. There are plenty of cookery classes on offer but the idea of leaving the city for the day seemed appealing to us. We sent an email and it was all set up. We have 5 days here so weren’t fussed with what day we were given.

Sammy collected us this morning right on time. We went to the market and he explained things we should find in Thai/Asian shops back home, also paired with a mini Thai speaking class which we found very entertaining and useful.

We then travelled back to his farm and were given a tour of his gardens and facilities. We were shown lots of herbs and vegetables that he grows on his farm. We all chose what dishes we would like to prepare. We thought this was great and all our favourites were present.

Thoroughly enjoyed the day, enjoyed the laid back pace of the day and can be used as a day to recharge and eat plenty of delicious food whilst in a quiet and peaceful setting.

It’s not an advanced cookery course and it’s a great introduction to learning to cook Thai food. Felt it was good value for money and would reccomend anyone in Chang Mai to book this.

Final note - hammock naps are the best naps and Sammy has a savage toilet.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food is amazing and you realise quickly how much effort and love the whole family puts in the cooking classes! We really liked it here :)

Reviewed October 6, 2018 via mobile

Sammy is so incredibly nice and funny. I went yesterday with about 15 people as part of my study abroad program, and the experience completely exceeded my expectations. The farm is wonderful, it is so beautiful and there are so many nice places to relax between cooking sessions. We cooked 5 delicious meals using organic ingredients from the farm. Green curry was my favorite, we made the curry paste from scratch. We also made Tom yum, pad thai, fried spring rolls, and mango sticky rice. Every meal absolutely delicious. I love that he caters to vegetarians and vegans as well without compromising any flavor. Overall the most amazing cooking experience I have ever had!!!