Arabela Cakes, Pastries, Pasta, Pizza and Coffee
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Atmosphere: Located in the town proper of Liliw Laguna, is a small cafe that will melt your traveling heart. Truly in a sweet countryside setting with its wooden chairs, colorful walls, hanged Capiz shell lights; all signifies what should a cozy restaurant should look like.

Food: Honestly, I wasn’t expecting much when I entered the restaurant. All I can think about that time on how hungry I was, but basing on the waiting time and jam-packed people that dined that day we felt we were in a delicious path. True enough right on my first quench of the Green Apple Mint drink, I totally forgot where I was; or shall I say it tasted freaking good like any reputable restaurants in Manila. Carbonara was cooked fine, so creamy without the noodles being saggy. Hubby has his fair shares of joyful sentiments too, he loved how the spaghetti tasted – a bit sweet just like any true simple Pinoy would like. And the food we enjoyed the most was the Kesong Puti (White cheese) Pizza, which was exactly in its freshest form. At first we thought we couldn’t finish the whole plate, but we were wrong. The blandness of kesong puti compliments the rich herby-tangy taste of the spices, with a dash of hot sauce it magically completed our day.

Service: Crew was polite, highly sincere in taking orders. They also answer questions on how long each dish will take, how the dish is cooked – far more than I expected in any countryside restaurant I ever visited.

Value: Best of this restaurant is getting to taste good comfort foods without totally emptying your wallet. Pastas and fries are less 100 PHP each, drinks less than 150 PHP and pizza (8 cuts, good for sharing) as far as I can remember costs less than 300 PHP.

Reviewed May 16, 2012

Positives: Everything on the menu looked deeeeeelish! Ordered : Ham & Mushroom, Garden Salad (House salad), Lasagna, Chocolate Mousse Cake, Mixed Cocktail Shake ... all yummy. Venue had low ceiling, but airconditioning worked. The place though cramped, smells of fresh food being cooked. Music choice was perfect - until the man behind the counter switched the TV on. Lots of quirky decor on walls. A must-visit place if you are going to Liliw, Laguna.

Liliw, Laguna has a lot of "cantineta / turo-turo style" eateries - most of them look dodgy and unsanitary to a first timer like me. So finding Ara Bela restaurant (a tricycle driver gave us the lead) was truly a pleasant surprise.

Negatives: Slow service (but understandable, because the place was packed with people!), food servers and even the cashier were always moving around - impossible to get their attention until you wave your hand like crazy... There's a waiting list, but the lady who seemed in-charge of it --- didn't seem in charge. Customers were getting (very hungry and) annoyed ...

2  Thank NorthStarManila
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My friends and I went to Liliw, Laguna for a prenup photoshoot. Liliw is about two hours from Manila - take SLEX and exit at Calamba; follow the National Highway going Sta. Cruz but turn right at the Giant Duck's Crossing (Victoria, Laguna). There are signs that will lead you to Liliw (you will pass through Nagcarlan Town).

We arrived at Arabela just before lunch and were seated comfortably inside an air-conditioned restaurant with walls filled of paintings and fixtures that make you feel cozy and warm.

For a small-sized restaurant, they have an extensive menu - Salads, Pasta, Pizza, Steak, Dessert and their own Cocktails/Drinks. I ordered Pork Baby Back Ribs, I wasn't even able to take pictures of the food. Seeing my plate made me so hungry that I started eating until I've finished. The ribs came with rice and veggies on the side. It was delicious! I also tried my friend's pasta, also delightful. And everything smelled so yummy. If we could have stayed in the town, I would have probably stayed in Arabela until 3pm - I would have loved to taste their Bread Pudding and Tiramisu Cake.

I'd make sure to bring my husband to Liliw, for him to taste the food and check out the slippers.

3  Thank EJ_Yza