As a whole the resort was nice and had clean and tidy fales .
The staff were happy and smiley,but so is the whole of Tonga!!
It is in the middle of nowhere and is let down hugely by the food. It was terrible!! over cooked, cold meals etc. The fruit was nice (as it is all throurgh Tonga).
The buffets however were nice and plentyful(and hotish!!! ).We looked in the kitchen and the meats including fish/lobster were frozen. The steak which they charge $45 T was top side beef.(frozen)
If you want to go somewhere that has nice accommodation and is relaxing, then this is not so bad. If you want to enjoy foods and honesty from your host and hostess this is not the place to go!!!
Upon questioning our bill which was quoted at $2850 T less 10% they charged us $2968 T . They said it was because of the exchange!!! They abused my Mother calling her a crazy drunk. If the consumption of 1 and a half bottles of wine(between 3) and trying to have fun makes you a crazy drunk then I think as a respectable HUMAN and proprietor insulting your clients is not the way business is done.
I enjoyed a few of their staffs company and offered our house for them and their family's to visit if in NZ and without them and the weather being fantastic(as it was in the whole of Tonga)this trip would have been a nightmere.
Tonga itself is fanastic!! Friends cafe in Town was premo and had lovely well price food.If you do decide to stay here I recommend you get transport included in the price as all the other places we eat were a long way away and get the quote in Panga dollars so the prices don't change.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the west coast of Tongatapu, Liku'alofa Beach Resort lines the beach front with 11 fales (bungalows) five single and five duplex fales (15 rooms), a tree top bar & restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week which is overlooking the ocean, very convenient for whale-watching or simply gazing at the sunset with your favorite cocktail. We also have a tidal swimming pool, camping grounds, a business center, free wifi. We can host private functions such as weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, reunions and many more. From the minute we pick you up from the airport to the time we bid you farewell, your stay will be enriched with unique Tongan experience of its history, culture, tradition, and why we're called "the friendly islands." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your Liku'alofa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liku`Alofa Beach Hotel Kanokupolu
- Liku'Alofa Beach Resort Tonga/Kanokupolu