I came from a 5 star accommodation near the main town, feeling that I might have stayed in Europe somewhere..The moment I was welcomed with a lovely smile from Nancy and shown my fale I immediately felt that "this is the Tonga experience" I wanted. I enjoyed the view of the hammock and the ocean from my room, then walking to the entertainment area/restaurant/pool etc. Rosa is an exceptional hostess and Lola makes one feel at home. Generally Tongan people are of the friendliest people I have come across on my travels. I loved that the pool was built of stone and part of the sea washing in (who needs a conventional blue pool when you can have it in your back garden?!). .I enjoyed the snorkeling, the cocktails and later a beautiful buffet meal and kava ceremony.
I most certainly would have returned to Liku'ulofa for some more fun in the sun, had it not been for Edward who charged me $80- there and another $80- to the airport the next morning. (to go to 'Eua, also Edward's recommendation..go by ferry, people, it is safe now and at least you can see whales too..Cheap too..
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the west coast of Tongatapu, Liku'alofa Beach Resort lines the beach front with 11 fales (bungalows) five single and five duplex fales (15 rooms), a tree top bar & restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week which is overlooking the ocean, very convenient for whale-watching or simply gazing at the sunset with your favorite cocktail. We also have a tidal swimming pool, camping grounds, a business center, free wifi. We can host private functions such as weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, reunions and many more. From the minute we pick you up from the airport to the time we bid you farewell, your stay will be enriched with unique Tongan experience of its history, culture, tradition, and why we're called "the friendly islands." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Priceline so you can book your Liku'alofa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liku`Alofa Beach Hotel Kanokupolu
- Liku'Alofa Beach Resort Tonga/Kanokupolu