We traveled to Tonga from Australia, family of four with two teenage daughters and stayed at this resort for 10 days. The place is fully refurbished and everything is kept immaculate clean. The rooms are large enough, serviced daily, with comfortable beds and private bathrooms with fridge and coffee facilities. The family that owns the place constantly invests time and money to improve the place. New snorkeling equipment, new chair mattresses on the pool chairs, new fountain on the buffet hall where cultural nights take place once or twice a week. The water is crystal clear on this beach , snorkeling is good and the place is ideal for surfing. When we wanted to visit the church on Sunday the people from the resort took us there in their private cars because buses were not running and we were treated like family experiencing first hand the amazing Tongan hospitality. The meals at the restaurant are very reasonably priced and very large because "you need to eat like a Tongan". Buses run every half hour from the resort to the town where you can catch boats to close by islands. Overall a memorable first visit to this amazing place.
Maria, Gordon, Evangeline and Dimity
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the west coast of Tongatapu, Liku'alofa Beach Resort lines the beach front with 11 fales (bungalows) five single and five duplex fales (15 rooms), a tree top bar & restaurant open for breakfast, lunch and dinner 7 days a week which is overlooking the ocean, very convenient for whale-watching or simply gazing at the sunset with your favorite cocktail. We also have a tidal swimming pool, camping grounds, a business center, free wifi. We can host private functions such as weddings, birthdays, anniversaries, reunions and many more. From the minute we pick you up from the airport to the time we bid you farewell, your stay will be enriched with unique Tongan experience of its history, culture, tradition, and why we're called "the friendly islands." ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Liku'alofa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Liku`Alofa Beach Hotel Kanokupolu
- Liku'Alofa Beach Resort Tonga/Kanokupolu