We spent one afternoon and night at Black Orchid; it's a great location for exploring the different directions of Belize without having to stay in the city. Tony picked us up from the airport and gave us great info about the country, the owner chatted with us as we checked in. Our kids LOVED hanging out at the pool, canoeing on the river and looking for iguanas. The food was very good in the restaurant (which you have to eat in, as that's the only place around) and the continental breakfast, while sparse, was just fine.
We had the Jaguar House which was a few blocks down the road. It was a little weird and far away, probably not preferable for most people, and I killed a giant roach in the bedroom. Ick. We were supposed to stay in the Howler House which would be great for people who wanted to just lie around by themselves with a beautiful view but no amenities, but it was too far away down a ridiculously rough road for us. Black Orchid moved us with no issue whatsoever.
We left the next morning on a tour after which we headed to Ambergris Caye, but if we had wanted to base inland for a few days the location would be great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belize has such contrasts from the beaches to the jungle to the Mayan ruins, from the rivers to the Cayes, a good base from which to see it all, is the Black Orchid Resort on the banks of the Belize Old River on the outskirts of Burrell Boom Village, just fifteen minutes from the international airport so it’s easy to reach and easy to leave from. Just a short distance away from Belize City and the airport, the resort is also within about an hour’s drive of most of the country’s mainland attractions, making it a convenient launching point for your vacation adventures. We provide accommodations with an ambiance of environmental radiance, alluring air conditioned rooms and immaculate, quiet and safe grounds. We are an excellent alternative to Belize City and gateway to all Belize has to offer; with knowledgeable guides and transportation for snorkeling, deep sea fishing, cave tubing, Maya Ruin tours, complimentary international airport shuttle, free use of kayaks, canoes, peddle boats and free wireless internet access. Your safety is our business. Come let us show you Belize ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Black Orchid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Orchid Hotel Burrell Boom
- Black Orchid Belize City
- Black Orchid Resort Belize/Burrell Boom