My daughter and I spent 2 nights at this resort while we were on the mainland. It's close to Belize City but far enough away so you get the feeling you are in the forest. If you're looking to party it up then look else where. This is a quiet resort right on the Belize River. A very peaceful and tranquil setting makes for a relaxing stay. As you lounge around the pool reading a book, the howler monkeys are in the trees nearby. Birds are chirping, monkeys are howling and people are relaxing. It sure couldn't get any better.
The staff picks you up at the airport and they are more than happy to explain the villages and culture of Belize. Orlando, Eddie, and Ryan were all very helpful and enjoyable to be around. The food was very good.... not made by a 5 star chef but even better. A Belizan woman who cooked for the guest as she would her own family. The rooms were very clean and comfortable and the shower was very hot!!!
They are all friendly but also did not envade your privacy. On our way to the Belize Zoo, Eddie let us stop a a local market to check it out. I was very interested in seeing how people live in this country and we were lucky enough to have the drivers show us.
I would highly recommend families spend a couple of nights here so that your children can learn that there is more in life than TV and video games. It was a wonderful cultural experience and I will be going back to Black Orchid Resort again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belize has such contrasts from the beaches to the jungle to the Mayan ruins, from the rivers to the Cayes, a good base from which to see it all, is the Black Orchid Resort on the banks of the Belize Old River on the outskirts of Burrell Boom Village, just fifteen minutes from the international airport so it’s easy to reach and easy to leave from. Just a short distance away from Belize City and the airport, the resort is also within about an hour’s drive of most of the country’s mainland attractions, making it a convenient launching point for your vacation adventures. We provide accommodations with an ambiance of environmental radiance, alluring air conditioned rooms and immaculate, quiet and safe grounds. We are an excellent alternative to Belize City and gateway to all Belize has to offer; with knowledgeable guides and transportation for snorkeling, deep sea fishing, cave tubing, Maya Ruin tours, complimentary international airport shuttle, free use of kayaks, canoes, peddle boats and free wireless internet access. Your safety is our business. Come let us show you Belize ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Black Orchid Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Black Orchid Hotel Burrell Boom
- Black Orchid Belize City
- Black Orchid Resort Belize/Burrell Boom