So angry - i asked for some instant coffee and creamer as there is a lovely little kettle in the room but only 1 coffee stick per day (2 grams). This is our 3rd day here and yesterday we got some extra coffees and creamers from their resto.
Today i ask for some more and they say their is only 1 free coffee and creamer per day. I say ok how much for extra - they say 5.5 peso per coffee stick and per creamer which is approximate normal price from supermarket. Very fair. I have 2 coffees and 2 creamers in my coffee = 22 peso approx. 60 cents US.
I make my coffee and knock knock, the girl says sorry the boss said it is 50 pesos per stick and per creamer. So the coffee i just made cost me 200 peso = $5 US.
THATS RIGHT $5-00 US for a cup of instant coffee i made in my room.
To say i am pissed off is a massive understatement. Particularly after we have been here 3 days and eaten every meal here. probably spending approx. (10,000php) $250.00
Beautifully engineered resort but not awesome value. From the website we thought that the resort had beach access. Probably my fault - mixing up resorts. This resort is on the other side of the highway. The pool is not as scenic as in the website and the water is a little warm. But its ok. But id hate to be anywhere near it if it was busy with kids.
The room is good and the view is fantastic (Room 2) - mattress is average at best.
The restaurant is brilliantly designed and seems to serve a constant stream of traffic.
Food is ok.
But for a resort that promotes wellness i could not order a fruit platter beyond mango and banana. Unfortunately banana is not part of my starch free diet. In fact it seemed to be an issue to modify the meals in any way at all.
In summary well designed and well marketed resort, but my gut feel is this place will be up for sale soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This stunning spacious resort in the south of the island of Cebu has been built on a heightened plateau, of approx. 1 hectare. Here you will enjoy amazing views over the sea to the neighbouring island of Bohol and the palm tree covered surroundings. Due to the heightened location and the spaciously distributed buildings a pleasant breeze constantly blows throughout in the whole resort. The resort is owned and managed by a German-Filipina couple who are looking forward to greeting you in English, German, Tagalog or Cebuano. You will feel at home in our 14 rooms, where you will be able to enjoy your stay in our Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire and Agoda so you can book your Bodos Bamboo Bar Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bodos Bamboo Bar Hotel Alcoy
- Bodos Bamboo Bar Resort Alcoy, Cebu Island