“Wonderful little haven”

Ranked #2 of 5 Alcoy B&B and Inns
UK
“Wonderful little haven”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

We stayed at the BBB on recommendation, and were not disappointed. The owners and staff were very friendly, and the resort very relaxing. The rooms were very well presented and comfortable. Our only moan would be the roof fans in the room. They are not very good, and effected our sleep quality. Having said that, the food was great, and the Wheat beer even better! Also the prices very reasonable. Highly recommend this place as a stop off for the Oslob Whale sharks....or for a longer stay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SilverbearUk
BodosAlcoyCebu, Owner at Bodos Bamboo Bar Resort, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Hello and nice geetings from BBB. Like we always point out: We are special and do always one step forward when the customers are also special and they appreciate our unique way of service. And you are! Thanks a lot for this motivating review and thanks for the tipp with the room fans in Balcony. Actually we are testing another system with better effect. So next time you will visit our place you can try. Have a good time and all the best from BBB Family.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Perth, Australia
Reviewed November 19, 2012

I have read all reviews below , some are very un fair, Mate , this is all ok by me , the food and service and views are all second to none although we didnt stay overnight ,, we will soon be locals at Alcoy and look forwards to many more visits

All the best , Faith and Phil LeCompte

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank ppff255366
BodosAlcoyCebu, Owner at Bodos Bamboo Bar Resort, responded to this review, November 21, 2012
Hello an nice greetings to Autralia.

We like to thank you for this warm and nice review. In our philosophy our employees are one of the most important parts of our success. We are very happy when our customers feel, that they really love to service guests and everyday they try to bring a bit of sunshine to our customers. So like you did. We look forward to see you soon at BBB and wish you a pleasant time. Best regards. Alex
cebu
Reviewed November 12, 2012

This is my second review for Bodos, the last time I went here with my husband and two kids, I was not satisfied with the service and gave it a two-star rating, but as I visited Bodos again still with my family I have to say that their service really did improve, I have to give it a five! The owner did promise me that the next time I come back, the service will be better which is really true!

My kids just love Bodos, we went to check out other inns in Alcoy but ended up staying at Bodos, The place is safe for the kids, their food is great and the surroundings are clean, its just a great place to relax and unwind.

Thanks Bodos for the wonderful stay and for the warm accommodation! I will definitely be back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank slyn_bonehead
BodosAlcoyCebu, Owner at Bodos Bamboo Bar Resort, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hello again,
first of all I´d like to thank you for the 2nd chance. We are lucky that we were able to convince you from BBB after your first semi-satisfied experience. As we overtook that resort 1 year ago we changed a lot of things although the employees were very good. Our target is to be better from day to day and we are not satisfied, when there is standstill in development. For we are comming from the European hospitality industry we also are used to another standard and we learn that it takes serveral time to change things which are used for years. So your experience shows us that it is worth to work everyday for improvements and your review is the nicest reward for our efforts. Hope to see you soon and have a good time. Best regards. Alex
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

There was a booking confusion when we arrived. Mistakes were made when ordering at the restaurant. every time they take orders without writing it down, it causes mistakes. i think they should write things down all the time instead of trying to memorize it. it's a shame because the place is really good. The staff are really friendly and helpful. They sorted out any problems easily. Rooms are great. Location is perfect. glad they have WIFI connection everywhere in the resort. Enjoyed the wellness massage! Will certainly stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank hugsladykisses
Hello from Alcoy,

thanks a lot for your fair and objective review. We only can improve when customers tell us the problems. And special your review shows that there are problems we have to work on but you also mention the good things. This shows that you are a fair person and this review really helps us to improve our services. Please, if you come back to BBB next time aks for the management so we can apologize personally for the inconveniences and then you also see that we take your advises seriousely and improve our work day by day. Salamat. Alex.
Puerto de la Cruz, Spain
Reviewed October 26, 2012

The BBB was suggested to us as a hotel to stay at while in Cebu. We originally booked 10 days, but ended up staying 20 days for personal reasons.
The owners are German and Austrian and were more than helpful in all tourist and business matters that we needed assistance in. Our wish to visit Tingko Beach was met with the immediate offer of a tricycle that would drive us to our destination. Since we are planning on moving to the Philippines, our interests were more of the getting to know the area, than tourist pleasures. All of our wishes were met with willingness and efficiency.
Our room was without air conditioning, but there was an adjustable fan on the ceiling.
The room stayed about 29°C day and night.
There is a problem with mosquitoes and a few found their way to our room.
There are also other rooms available with air conditioning if wished. The rooms are decorated in a simple, but functional manner. They were kept clean and towels were available for the swimming area. Certain areas, i.e. Fitness are still under construction.
The hotel employees are friendly and do their best to make sure that your stay is warm and personal. Specific guest wishes i.e. ice cubes in a glass and the coke in the bottle, are noted and carried out by the attending staff.
The food was very good. We stayed with local favorites, so we have no opinion concerning international dishes. Another favorite of ours were the fresh fruit shakes and juices, made with tropical fruits like mangos, bananas and papayas. The fruits varied on a day to day basis.
We enjoyed the company of the other guests, except for a lone American who nothing could make him happy. He couldn’t afford a 5-star resort and somehow expected the BBB to magically become one. Motto of story, if you can’t afford it- don’t expect it!
We borrowed motor bikes from the hotel for getting around. They were not the latest models, but they were well maintained and there was no hill that we couldn’t get up.
When traveling to the Philippines, one must realize that life is a slower pace here. The emphasis is on friendliness and not so much the technical world.
In the 3 weeks that we were there, we made local friends, were even invited to a Philippine family’s birthday celebration and enjoyed the hotel crew.
Summary: The BBB is not a multiple star hotel, but our needs were met. It is clean, friendly, helpful, and warm in charm. The hotel owner has gastronomical training from Germany, Austria and Switzerland. And, as always, the Philippines have a way of marching to the music of their own drums. Not the typical international hectic one can encounter.

Room Tip: Room with view to the sea and own balcony, but no aircon are available OR room with aircon haven...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Claudia L
Munich, Germany
Reviewed September 3, 2012

I was at that wonderful resort for 3 weeks.
I am really surprised about some reviews here on this website because there is nothing you can do better like it is done in BBB.
It needs enough dignity not to come with own food in a place where a restaurant is which mentioned in passing is one of the best I ever have been.
A special thing is that the management really refuse some guests where they have the feeling they are destroying the atmosphere. So it is a very brave but successful thing they do and the guest can be shure to live in a resort with a competition-free atmosphere and a hard to describe feeling of being cared about.
I am now 66 years old and I have seen a lot of destinations. Here you find the old fashioned way of real individual hospitality. A nice island of resort where the guest is number one but they also demand respect for their work and their rules. I cannot see something wrong in this and want to encourage the BBB Management strictly to hold on this way of management. It is too good for guests who don´t deserve it.
The staff is great but the owners-people with great experience from Europe- are busy the whole day to entertain their guests and find events for them they will not forget.
There is also a big value of the prices. In Euro there you can get a main dish for 5 Euro. People who find this expensive I really ask what they eat in their home countries. The rooms are native but comfortable and very clean. The waitresses and waiters know the guest´s name and that is really showing how individual you are treated there. The location is wonderful for people who like nature, waterfalls and the sea. I had 2 snorkeling trips because I cannot dive. There was a BBQ on the resort´s own boat and it was so nice that I decided to learn diving on my next stay in BBB. So I like to thank for that nice stay and I look forward to my next trip to the Philippines there.

Room Tip: you also can try various resorts in the near than you see how good BBB is
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Christl M
Riverbank, California
Reviewed June 22, 2012

The thing that sticks in my mind the most is the "padded bill" when we left. After I left, I noticed a P3,300 charge cleverly hidden in the bill and marked "other". I tried numerous times to contact them , but the English e-mail address is no longer working and the German e-mails bounced back.
The fan rooms at the resort have a nice view, but are well over 100 degrees Fahrenheit or 39 Celsius.
The manager apparently played for some second rate rock band in Europe and was too busy getting a show ready to really take care of the guests, and he flat lied to our face room changes.
Food was very good , but pricey.
The managers continually wanted to take us on all kinds of side trips,
One of the other guests had the resort take them whale shark watching and they were charged P1,500 , we hopped on the bus and it cost 70 or 80 pesos for the same trip.
I rented motorcycles myself for 1/2 of what the resort charged.
I will not stay there again, and as I said this is the first bad review I've ever written.

Room Tip: if you have to stay here, get an air-conditioned room
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank Douglas D
, Inhaber at Bodos Bamboo Bar Resort, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Now we want to show how to be a professional. I explain to all the readers of lies told in this “review”.
Headline: 1st time I write....: This is the second time. This review appeared a few weeks ago at Booking com also.
In this case there was a mistake by the guest in booking. It was booked a low budget room but the guest decided to have a high class room. For this rooms were fully booked we should apologize for this. But the mistake was done by the guest and we saw no reason to apologize.
Next point is: I was to busy with my music so I cannot care abourt the guests and I lied.... Wow-the truth is that I was in the city next day . Why. I had to buy the meet for our cuisine. That is 100 km away and I do that 2 times every week to offer the best quality in food. That also explains the minimal higher price. We are at half of the city prices.So everybody can see that we really care personally to our guests and the reason for my absence had nothing to do with my former career as a high class musician. So we really don´t understand what this has to do with the resort. Here this is pointed out as not taking care for the customers for I personally go to the city to prove the best quality in food. And I lied? Why. I said that we will change the rooms 2 times without extra charge for the effort we had caused by the guest´s mistake in booking. The guest wanted that we book out other guests in the high class rooms to give it to them. We didn´t accept this and everyone reading this it is to understand.All other things mentioned here referre to an external püartner here in the resort. The guest wanted information about the trips . the resort partner informed detailed about the opportunities. Here it is shown as pressing to do this trips. And of course going with an individual driver and guid in an individual transportation vehicle is more expensive than going with hundreds of people by bus. The same it is with the motorbike. A bike with permanent maintenance and new brakes and wheels is of course more expensive than this 100 Peso vehicles which are to rent outside.
So we can resume:
The first lie is in the headline. Common some guest want to have high class service for low budget price. This is not in the target of our resort. We see something special in every guest and try to treat them individually appropriated to the needs and desires of the guest. For this Bodo´s is special and incomparable in our area and that we want to be paid in a fair level. Most of our turnover comes to our employees cause we aim the target to improve the situation of the Philippines within our possibilities. This is not to realize with guest who want to have everything done but nothing to pay for. So if a guest have no intention to be fair than the resume is a review like this. Who really is lying the valued reader can decide on his own.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alcoy
Villa Rosa
Voda Krasna Beach Resort
Voda Krasna Beach Resort
#75 of 212 in Cebu Island
Dive Point Alcoy Resort

Been to Bodos Bamboo Bar Resort? Share your experiences!