“A luxuriously relaxing Lake Como area stay”

Casta Diva Resort & SPA
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Blevio
Reviewed January 29, 2013

“I have business in this area and was happy to hear about this new property – my first time at Casta Diva was thoroughly enjoyable! A quality boutique hotel with a cool history – the main villa was the former home of soprano Giuditta Pasta, and you’re reminded every time you walk through the lobby where opera is magnificently piped through the speakers. The grounds are sprawling and splendid with the most incredible views. The spa was a real treat, and we loved lounging out on the floating pool. Two tips: request a room with a lake view and hire a boat for a sunset jaunt on Lago di Como – both completely worth the money!”

Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Consigliera-S

Reviewed December 21, 2012

A spectacular view, a 2 story room with the most luxurious bathroom I've ever been in with the best bath products, an attentive staff, and a great bar! A delicious breakfast was even more enjoyable because of the view! The only drawback was that we ate dinner in the restaurant, and while it was quite lovely, it took 3 hrs to finish dinner and consequently lost part of our group because it was so late. Unfortunately, dinner was not worth the wait.
Try Carillon in Bellagio for a great dinner!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robinnora
Reviewed December 1, 2012 via mobile

Great view. Everything appears to be quite grand. But we dont feel the heart. Rooms are big but empty. Has a kitchen but all the cabinets are empty. No glass, no cup. Not even instant coffee or tea bags. Very weird light control, tried for at least 5 min until I can switch off all the lights in the room. Cant get in the room bcos don't know how the key card works, and we are an exception. Came across another lady who cant do it neither. She walked up and down in the corridor knocking on other people's door hoping that someone can help her. It's bcos there is no phone in the corridor to call reception or house keeping and the front desk was in another building. Not a very good experience.

• Stayed: November 2012
3  Thank LIGCouple
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Before arriving at CastaDiva and after I booked, I read through all the reviews.... I was a bit anxious at what I might find when I arrived...

Well, to set some things straight, I arrived hoping that all I needed to do each day was wake-up and go to sleep... I had never been to Lake Como before and so I was expecting a magical experience.... No, I did not get my magical experience... I got so much more!!!

I love walking and hiking too, so although the staff informed me to contact reception whenever I wanted anything, a trip down to the main building or glasses for my duty free champagne, most times I enjoyed the steep (you're on the side of a hill, right, so there is some expectation that it is not going to be flat...) lovely walk down the stairs and amongst the beautiful buildings and gardens and scenery of the lake... On a couple of occasions, I did take the staff up on their offer to pick me up or bring some things to my room. They were always incredibly helpful, kind and patient. I don't know about what other reviewers have written, my experience of the staff, was excellent, very informative and so, so will to assist!

The room was spacious, spectacular and did I say spacious?? The bathroom was amazing and the shower was more than I could have hoped for... all in all I think I could have spent the whole week just relaxing in the bath and reading books, feeling like a King!

Many reviewers have discussed the pros and cons, all I can say is that if you are a bit of a control freak, like me and expect to HAVE to do things yourself to enjoy a hotel, think again.
My advice is to go along to the CastaDiva and allow yourself to served! Take your time enjoying the beautiful vista, long walks and amazing facilities.

Would I go again? In a heartbeat!

Room Tip: Relax and enjoy!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank AusinSingapore
Reviewed November 3, 2012

What can i say, this resort is a hidden treasure! Beautiful located on the east side of the lake in between Como and Bellagio. Very luxurious and part of the small luxury hotels of the world. We hired a car from Malpensa Airport ( Milan) and it took about an hour or so to reach. From Como the road is very craggy and windy so some confidence is required. there are different levels of accommodation to choose. Was lucky to be upgraded on arrival to a room with a balcony view of the lake which was spectacular. The room was super modern, nice huge walk in wardrobe as well as extra wardrobes in the bedroom, small mini bar stocked with the essentials...Free Wi Fi. he Spa area/Indoor Pool/ Hamam/ steam room/Sauna/ rain showers is pretty spectacular, only thing is if you enter at 10am when it opens it takes some time to heat up so a bit of a waste of time ( would be nice if they turned things on earlier) Hotel staff are wonderful and always eager to please. Reception staff very helpful and also can book you nice restaurants to go to along the lake on there recommendation ....Breakfast was very delicious with a variety of Italian choices as well as typical western breakfast- fresh coffee- espresso!! Ordered some Pizza and salad in the main building on the patio- Pizza was average however the Food and Beverage Manager informed me that soon they will have a wood oven Pizza and cater for small snacks etc which will be great- One night we were invited to a wine and cheese tasting event followed by a 4 course dinner- this was extremely fantastic and even though it was all in Italian one of the staff sat with us to translate- the dinner was held in the glass atrium/restaurant and it was a lovely evening of food and wine ( and i must thank the manager that they did not charge us for this and they were ever so kind and generous- unforgettable evening!)The Views and the gardens of this resort are amazing -check out this trailer to tempt you http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fCkoEA5DjN0&feature=player_embedded

Valet parked my car and bought it to my room efficiently as well!
My only complaint was it took forever for them to bring ice to the room so it was faster for me to get it at the bar!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Yiann
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This is a tricky one - we have just returned from Casta Diva and it is the most beautiful place. Set within large grounds, by the lake, lovely staff and a combination of various villas! But when we left we said to one another 'would we return' and we weren't really sure!! The Pros and Cons from our point of view:

Pros
Fabulous location
Friendly, helpful staff
Upgraded to an amazing suite with a huge terrace, sitting room, dining room and kitchen
Excellent comfortable bed with fabulous sheets and towels
Spotlessly clean
Spa - very grand
Free mini bar with soft drinks and 3 packets of snacks
Reliable, free and efficient shuttle bus into Como (20 euros one way by taxi)
Peaceful

Cons
You can't walk anywhere - it's either shuttle, car or taxi
Efficiency of communications - it took an age to get a reply to our emails before we arrived. We had to chase on several occasions. Once there - communication was still inefficient
Suite was rather bare to make it comfortable ie. no docking station, no DVD, no Tea/coffee making facilities, no English speaking TV channels although there were loads of other international TV channels (we had a couple of days of very bad weather so at least BBC World or CNN would have helped!), no wine glasses (apart from those for toothbrushes in the room)
Poor shower
Not all lights in the suite worked
Resturant staff lovely, but the restaurant had little atmosphere and food not great
No visible management

This may seem nit picky, but the hotel wasn't cheap - we paid 530 euros per night. It seemed to me (like another reviewer said) perhaps a tighter management rein may help with some of the 'cons'. Not once, did we see 'management' and there were no feedback quesionnaires so they can get guest feedback.

Having said all that - we had a very nice time and would certainly go back to the area in a flash, Casta Diva? - jury's still out!

Room Tip: I believe all rooms have a lake view. It is set in the side of a moutain so there are steep walks t...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
6  Thank bertie
Reviewed October 30, 2012

We ended up in this place as this was the only hotel available in late August when all Italians take vacations. We weren't sure about it as it was very expensive and had mixed reviews. But Casta Diva exceeded all our expectations. This is real heaven on Earth with wonderful rooms, great service, excellent food and the most romantic setting. Worth every penny.
Dinner at their terrace with Opera singers on Thursday night made me cry. The food, the service the dessert i can't say enough. And i've been all over the world so i am not easy to impress.
I saw many people at dinner and breakfast who were bitter and i couldn't understand why would you have such an unhappy grin on your face when you are getting pampered like that. The only explanation i could find was that you are paying a lot of money for this and you are expecting miracles and thinking that maybe this will make you happy. This is my answer to the bad reviews; If you are complaining about the service there go to Paris and come back and than let's see what you say. Italians might not be perfect, but at least their nice and they love life and food.
The spa is one of the most modern and amazing spas i ever had a pleasure to try. If it's raining or you're bored you can spent all day in there.
There is a floating pool with view that you can stare at all day long. You can rent a motor boat and see the lake. Bellagio looks stunning from the water.
If you are looking for a romantic long weekend getaway this is the place to go.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gigiamorroso
Also consider these accommodations in or near Blevio
Grand Hotel Imperiale
Hotel Belvedere Bellagio
Palace Hotel
Palace Hotel
#3 of 32 in Como

Been to Casta Diva Resort & SPA? Share your experiences!