Cocotinos Sekotong, Boutique Beach Resort & Spa
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Sundancer Resort & Spa(Desa Sekotong Barat)
View Hotel
Gili Sudak Lombok Resort(Desa Sekotong Barat)
Thamarind Resort(Gili Gede)
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
  • Room Service
View Hotel
All reviewsdive centreoutdoor showerdive boatplunge poolgili nanggusurrounding islandsdiving tripnice beachbeachfront villawhite sandy beachstay nightsbig bathroompeace and quietdivers and non diversrelaxing placerelaxing staystayed longer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 19, 2014

We loved the drive from the airport to Cocotinos which took us through some really interesting parts of the island allowing us to see the local people going about their daily lives, mostly untouched by tourism. The resort is set in an ideal location with amazing views. It's a little bigger than most we stayed at and as such the facilities seemed a little stretched, not quite enough sun-loungers or room around the pool. Having said that it did not distract from our enjoyment but probably impacts on our feeling of value-for-money. We took the boat out to the island for snorkelling and the staff were friendly and informative. The rooms were set in lovely gardens but lacked privacy in terms of noise, some rooms are inter-connecting and you can hear everything next door. Our neighbors had a toddler, who thankfully slept silently but that could have been an issue! Our room was not serviced during the 2 nights we stayed which we understand was an oversight rather than the norm and again didn’t bother us but with the price of the rooms, you might expect more attentive service. However we had a lovely stay and it was great to be away from the main tourist areas in such a beautiful setting.

Room Tip: be aware of potential noise issues in the standard rooms which can be inter-connected
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank kgm040
Thomas_W1988, Owner at Cocotinos Sekotong, Boutique Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2014

Dear kgm040,

Thank you for your keen observations and generous comments. We are delighted to know that you loved the beautiful setting of our resort. It was the stunning natural beauty of the location that made me decide to build Cocotinos back in 2008.
As it is high season in August, we did not have enough sun loungers on those days when everyone wanted to just relax by the pool. Most times, some guests chose to go out snorkeling on our boats or joined village tours and there would then have been enough sun loungers.to go round. We were aware of this problem and have since added more sun loungers.
As for your observation that your room was not serviced for two days, it must have been an oversight on the part of our housekeeping department and it should not have happened - our apologies! Thank you for telling us that despite our shortcomings, you enjoyed your stay with us. Please come again.

Reviewed August 19, 2014

Me and my boyfriend spent in this resort a couple of days during our tour in indonesia. The location is very nice, far from anything so any guest should be aware of the choice to spend a very quiet and relaxing vacation. The travel from the airport is quite long and the status of the street is not the best. Accomodations are nice, cleaness can be improved but still decent. The bathroom is huge and has a wonderfull outdoor shower. The hotel offers 5 lt water available daily in the room. Breakfast is ok, dinner choice a la carte is very good, much better then buffet one. Generally the structure of the resort is really pleasant, most of the rooms offer sea view, they are all very close to beach, restaurant and swimming pool. We visited also the gili islands around but both for snorkling and diving they are less interesting than Gili trawangan area. Recommended.

Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chiara S
Thomas_W1988, Owner at Cocotinos Sekotong, Boutique Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2014

Dear Chiara

We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us in our quiet and secluded resort located in this beautiful part of southwest Lombok. There are 13 small Gilis (islands) in our area (as opposed to only 3 in the north) and so there are many wonderful things to explore for those who love nature. A lot of divers are only now discovering the wonderful "macro" life in our pristine reefs. Thank you for taking the time to do a review; please tell your friends about us and we hope to see you again.

Reviewed August 15, 2014

My husband and I stay here in August 2014. We found the staff helpful and our room was very pleasant. A very laid back life style and prefect for relaxing. It was great to find out that most of the staff were from the surrounding villages, which help their families and their local communities. Having said that, their English is mostly fine but some things did get lost in translation at times and they are learning as they work and service may not be what we may expect. Because of the remote location, most things (food, massages, tourist items) were more expensive. Loved the outdoor shower in our room!

Room Tip: Most rooms don't have a seaview however the layout is such that there are paths that go directly to your rooms and the lovely tropical gardens around make for a lovely walk to the beach (literally only minutes away from every room). Also each room has a very decent sized verandah out the front, with day bed and outdoor chairs. Beautiful.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Rita,

Thank you for your kind review of our resort. I am happy you enjoyed the service of our staff who are mainly from the villages nearby. Prior to Cocotinos which opened in August 2010, there was little opportunity for employment in this area; so now, the staff are happy they can work near where they live, and guests benefit from their service which may be a bit unpolished but warm. The outdoor shower with the flower and fruit garden surrounding the villas is one of our our signature design features.
Please pass on the good news about our resort and do come again.

Reviewed August 4, 2014

I booked a room for my family stay during the Ramadhan Holiday from the 27th of July until 2nd of August through our corporate travel agent. The reason why we picked this place is because its secluded area, private beach and it has its own pier. We wanted to stay undisturbed and away from the hustle and bustle of the city or other tourist destination areas, also we would like to sail on our boat during the last days of our holiday. Changed of plans, the kids wanted to sail earlier, so we had our boat pick us up on the 31st. My husband came to the reception in the morning to pay our meals and informed them that we are going sailing. And, our family friend is coming to occupy the room for the remaining two days that we already paid for. They said, no problem.

We left from the pier, telling the staff how wonderful our stay was and thank them for their hospitality. We liked our bedroom, our meals and the beach was beautiful.
Later in the evening, I received message from our friend that says him and his family cant check in because the travel agent hasn't paid for our bedroom so they charged him for the remaining two nights. How does that makes any sense? Then I had our assistant called and try to resolve whatever problem they were having.
The next day our assistant said there were miscommunication inside the management. And mr. Rahman the marketing told her that my friend wont be charged for the room since we paid for it. But on the check out day they still got charged. The manager, who refused to give us his name or talk to any of us (he had the reception to talk to us), does not agree that my friend stayed without paying. He tried to feed us lies saying that my husband checked out before tour time and we got an early check out fee. He said that Cocotinos will refund my friend's money after the payment has been cleared from the agent. Which I just got informed few moments ago is on process and will take approximately two weeks.

I mean seriously? My family and I are lucky enough to be able to stay in resorts around the world and this is by far the most disappointing and shameless. We paid the travel agent already and its not our problem if they haven't paid the hotel we are staying at. AND IF THAT WAS THE TRUE REASON, WHY WHEN WE CHECKED IN WE DIDNT HAVE THE PROBLEM?

I talked to the travel agent personally and they admit they havent paid based on personal work agreement with the hotel which the customer has nothing to do with. I talked to the reception and the marketing manager and the reservation asking about the hotel policy and they assured us that we shouldn't encounter problem like this in the first place..

Our conclusion is the manager tried to rip off customer because it is high season.

We told our friends, family, work partners and they all astonished of what happened, our corporate agent is reluctant to work with this place after what happened, we have been using them for family travel or work travel all over the world and never had a single problem.

At the end of the day, what makes an accommodation live up to their names is their service. Thats why we called it accommodation, to accommodate, to cater and by all means this so called resort has failed to do their purpose. What this place did was unacceptable and I would never recommend it to anybody. Which is a shame because the place itself has potential.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
4  Thank Marsha F
Thomas_W1988, Owner at Cocotinos Sekotong, Boutique Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2014

Dear Marsha
It is with deep regret for me as the owner of the resort to learn that you have had such a bad experience after you checked out of the resort. In fact, you had a very good stay for a few days before your early checkout and it was only the subsequent problems related to your friends who wanted to check-in for the remaining two nights you had not used that caused you so much anguish.
I sincerely apologise for the mistakes made by my staff as there was clearly a chain of miscommunication between the night shift staff (who agreed to let your friends stay for the remaining two nights) and the morning shift staff who did not appear to have known about it. This is shameful and I am truly sorry.
However, I need to clarify a few points for the record. Your agent did not pay prior to your arrival as per our standing agreement with them. Strictly speaking, the resort should not have let you check-in without swiping your credit card for the room nights. If that were so, the matter would have come to a head, you would have called your agent to complain and it would have then remained as an issue between you and your agent; this was the biggest mistake of my front office.
This lack of payment became an issue with the front office staff when your friends tried to check-in and the system showed no record of your friends’ names or any evidence that your agent had paid. It was an unfortunate combination of circumstances and while you were right that it should not have been your problem, it was compounded by the lack of payment from your agent at that point in time.
As for your conclusion, that the hotel manager “tried to rip off customer because it is high season”, I find that rather presumptuous. All the manager did was ask your friend to present his credit card to guarantee payment because your agent had still not paid up, and the manager did say that the money would be returned once the agent paid up in due course; and as you said yourself, my resort is already in the process of returning the money. I’ve personally instructed my staff to return the money via your friend’s credit card. We are a reputable resort and there is nothing for us to gain from the value of two room nights. And the manager could not have gained anything personally as it was a credit card swipe and not a cash transaction.
In conclusion, I hope this clarifies the situation and once again, my apologies.

Reviewed July 30, 2014 via mobile

After a long drive from Kuta, Coconitos was a welcomed short stopover on our way to Mount Rinjani.
Our rooms were beautiful and clean, the beach and pool equally beautiful. Having stayed in five different Lombok hotels so far, Cocotinos was the only one to charge a 'high season surcharge'. It is also very isolated and so has a 'captive audience' when it comes to dining.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank RK1010
Thomas_W1988, Owner at Cocotinos Sekotong, Boutique Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Dear RK1010,

Thank you for your kind review of our resort. It is a common thing for most established hotels and resorts to have a high season surcharge. Some simply have a high season rate instead of the usual rate and so it comes to the same thing anyway. During the low season, many hotels have to offer steep discounts to attract customers (it is a tough business), and so it is only fair that there be a surcharge during the high season. We are pleased you found our resort clean and beautiful,
and we would love to see you again. Yes we are a hideaway resort in a secluded location close to nature, and there no restaurants or bars around us.Thank you for choosing Cocotinos!