“Nice & Relax place to discover absolutely”

Cocotinos Sekotong, Boutique Beach Resort & Spa
“Nice & Relax place to discover absolutely”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

I have been there in July 2012.
I recommend!
Warm welcome by the staff.
Wonderful surroundings environment.
Room are very comfortable and clean.
Nice pool just just in front of the beach.
Spa, restaurant (very tasty!!!) and scuba diving center at disposal. Nice spot for snorkelling as well.
Hiking session planned by hotel staff at end of the day through surroundings hills. Points of views and beautiful sunset before a drink at hotel bar!

• Stayed July 2012
IwanSitompul, General Manager at Cocotinos Sekotong, Boutique Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for the recommendation of Cocotinos Resort as a nice and relaxing place to stay. All our staff very much appreciate your kind comments on their high level of service. We always try to do our best and make our guests feel at home, whether it is snorkeling off the beach or organizing a hike up the adjacent hills to watch the wondrous sunset. We feel that it is the small things that make your stay with us memorable. So please come back to stay with us again soon.
Kindest regards from all of us here at Cocotinos Lombok.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Indonesian first
Delft, The Netherlands
Reviewed July 19, 2012

We had a wonderfull time in Cocotinos! We stayed 5 nights, en enjoyed it very much.
The hotel is relaxed, the view from the garden and the beach is beautifull and quiet, the rooms are comfortable, and the food was delicious.
The staff is very friendly and makes an effort to give you the ultimate holidayfeeling.
The hotel is placed in a non touristic area of Lombok, which means you have no options to eat outside the hotel or take a stroll for shops etc. We saw that as a positive part of the visit!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Nicole V
IwanSitompul, General Manager at Cocotinos Sekotong, Boutique Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Dear Reviewer,
We very much appreciate your rather nice review of our resort. As you commented in your review, Cocotinos is a place to relax and not to be disturbed. That is what the owner, in choosing the location for the resort, intended the resort to be in the first place. While some may find our location a bit remote and far away from the usual amenities like supermarkets and bars, the owner had in mind a quiet getaway that offers peace and tranquility! After all, what most people want when on holiday is to kick back and relax and not be hassled by T-shirt sellers and other vendors when chilling out on the beach. Our staff, as you found during your stay, are very friendly and welcoming; this is not due to any training on our part but is just the natural friendliness of the people of Lombok and the Sekotong area where we are located. Again, thank you for your review and I look forward to seeing you again soon at Cocotinos.
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed July 13, 2012

Far away from every kind of "civilized word", this resort is a real paradise for people that would like to get away from the everyday life, living like a deluxe Robinson Crusoe. If you don't have a car, it will be difficult to join either the first supermarket.

The rooms are mini-chalets with a little terrace, a nice bedroom and a big bathroom, with a "open air" shower. The resort has direct access to a sandy beach full of shelles and corals.

The restaurant has got a various menu and sometimes organizes barbecues on the beach.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you both for your nice review of our resort. I am glad that you found the ambiance of Cocotinos so restful and far away from the usual resorts that it was like a “Robinson Crusoe” getaway. I am sure if we do have a Mr Crusoe stay with us he would not be in any hurry to leave. Again, thank you for your kind words which were very much appreciated by me and all my staff. We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future.
London
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We managed to secure this for £50 a night! Lovely rooms with ensuite indoor and outdoor bathrooms. Very helpful staff and outstanding attached dive centre. Best dive boat,
Equipment and
Staff I have seen in Asia.

• Stayed July 2012
IwanSitompul, General Manager at Cocotinos Sekotong, Boutique Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you for your review of our Cocotinos Resort. We are always glad to hear from a satisfied costumer. On behalf of all of our staff from the dive centre and the resort, I would like to thank you for your kind words and I hope to have you stay with us again soon.
Jakarta
Reviewed July 9, 2012

As a couple that enjoys scuba diving, we’re always on the look out for holiday destinations that offer dive packages. We found one in Cocotinos Sekotong Boutique Beach Resort & Spa, Lombok. We opted to book a dive vacation package of 7 days / 6 nights.

The new Lombok International airport was a pleasant surprise along with the well paved roads. A welcomed change since my last visit to this island 15 years ago.

Upon arrival at the resort we opted to upgrade to one of its Water Edge Villas. That meant, having a 180 degrees magnificent view of the ocean + all the luxurious amenities that included a bright spacious bedroom; a plunge pool; a well thought of toilet & bathroom layout with 2 showers (indoor & outdoor); a bathtub; 2 wash basins and most importantly...a lot of privacy.

The sheer joy of experiencing Lombok island's spectacular sunrise within the confines of our villa, is priceless.

Cocotinos Sekotong also offers, next to the comfort and pampering amenities, a well-equipped diving facility operated by Odyssea Divers. 1 dive guide is assigned per couple. All our gears are arranged and efficiently set-up for our 3-dives-a-day schedule.

Services include hot and dry towels (with name tags) handed us every after each dive. Biscuits and fresh fruits are served with our choice of hot beverage & bottled water. Making it all the more memorable were lunches spent along the reefs of a small-uninhabited island.

The only downside is discovering dive sites that sustained considerable damage due to dynamite fishing in the past. Surprisingly however, some dive sites that were spared, offer a rich marine life that included an array of colorful gigantic table corals visible at 8-9 meters and bright red giant brain corals at a depth of 15-20 meters.

All these in combination with quality comfort; delicious local and international menu selection; good service level + a serene surrounding make Cocotinos Sekotong Lombok experience, one of its kind. We will no doubt, go back to relive the memories in this romantic piece of heaven in Lombok, over again.

Our hats-off to the GM and the friendly and efficient staff, for a wonderful and rewarding experience to last a lifetime. Definitely one of our best holidays and dive adventures ever!

Room Tip: If available, go for a Water Edge Villa... the spectacular view of the ocean and the privacy it offe...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Reviewer,
Thank you so much for your kind review of our resort; it is very much appreciated by me and my staff. The area of Lombok where we are located is very under-rated and this is the reason the owner decided to build the resort where he did, as he fell in love with the area, which you quite rightly described as a “Piece of Heaven in Lombok” with the white-sand beaches beautiful sunrises.
We always try to get the small things right such as having your name on the towels, and providing fresh fruit and drinks on board our dive boats. And having a well-designed room and pleasant staff do help make for a memorable holiday. I very much hope that you will come to stay with us in the future and look forward to seeing you again.
Bali, Indonesia
Reviewed May 10, 2012

To give myself a break after a frenzied week I decided to go to Lombok and visit the Cocotinos Sekotong Boutique Beach Resort for a restful weekend. I was there last year and had good memories from that new resort and was wondering how it was doing now. Arriving on a Garuda flight I was impressed with the new airport using sky bridges docking at the terminal. Because it is not used to capacity yet with many empty spaces, the interior could have a bit more color and sparkle as a welcome, after all you arrive at a beautiful exotic tropical island, which deserves better than a dreary monotonous look.
Arriving at the resort, I was pleasantly surprised with the changes since my last visit, a matured landscaping and a delightful semi permanent extension of the restaurant giving the feeling of sitting right on the beach enjoying the sound of the surf. There were also more items on the menu now and I was delighted to see the cooks daring to move out to the restaurant to cook for your breakfast besides the buffet. As a notorious bread eater I enjoyed the whole-wheat varieties. Oh yes, I was flattered that the staff that recognized me from the last visit and recalled my angriness of getting my fresh juice with sugar although it was my fault not telling them, so now they were asking to make sure it was right. As I just wanted a rest I did not go snorkeling although the weather was perfect nor did I venture out on a biking tour on the brand new bikes or trying out the new kayaks. The room and spacious bathroom were spotless and I enjoyed the little touches especially the local delicacies brought to your room as an afternoon.snack. Yes, Great resort commendable for couples and families who look for a quiet place away from the crowds of the

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank HDB23
IwanSitompul, General Manager at Cocotinos Sekotong, Boutique Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 4, 2012
Dear reviewer.
Thank you so much for your kind review We especially appreciate your review since this was your second stay and you were able to enjoy the small additions to the resort like the restaurant extension on the beach. As you remarked in your review our location is ideal for those seeking a place to relax away from the usual tourist areas.
Thank also for your comments on the level of our service and the small touches like the afternoon tea being brought to your room and the good selection of food on our restaurant menu ( Which by the way has recently been extended to give a more varied selection).
We very much hope to see you again soon at Cocotinos. Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor it was very much appreciated by myself and all of my staff.
Kindest regards.
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed April 24, 2012

I stayed at Cocotinos for just one night whilst I was on a business trip in the area. Its an excellently presented hotel but I did find some aspects of my room a little unclean. Cobwebs built up in areas etc. All in all though, it is really very pleasant. The restaurant is excellent with a great selection of western and Indonesian food and exceptionally good service all round. Will definitely come back but next time with my family

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Dear reviewer.
Thank you for taking the time to review our resort. Apologies for the cobwebs in your room our housekeeping must have been asleep at the wheel that day. But we are glad that you found the rest of our service and the food at our restaurant was of a good standard. Please come and visit with us again we guarantee that your room will be cobweb free.
Regards from all of here at Cocotinos.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Desa Sekotong Barat
Holiday Resort Lombok
Holiday Resort Lombok
#7 of 7 in Mangsit
Living Asia Resort and Spa Lombok

Been to Cocotinos Sekotong, Boutique Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!