“Another satisfying visit, excellent hotel :)”

Leicester Marriott Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Enderby
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed August 17, 2014 via mobile

Me & my family have stayed at this hotel every year for a few years in a row as part of the Play, Stay & Explore package.
The hotel staff are very friendly & welcoming. The family room had 2 double beds which were very comfortable. There isn't a mini bar but an empty fridge which is even better for families wanting to keep drinks/milk cool. The complimentary toiletries were lovely.
The pool area is lovely with steam & sauna room. Showers are brilliant!
The downsides - car parking charges however we were given a free pass for the 2 nights we'd booked so was happy with that (although with it not being a city centre location parking should be free) just from reading other traveller reviews not everyone gets free parking.
Another downside is the wifi £6 for 1 hour! Luckily I had a decent reception on my phone as there was no way I was paying that! Wifi is free however in the foyer.
Breakfast in the morning was delicious with a variety of hot & cold dishes. The staff were fabulous.
Overall I would highly recommend this hotel & for you business people out there I think you should book the play, stay & explore package as it's miles better value for money & give the days out vouchers to friends or family (or I'll gladly use them!!) :)

• Stayed: August 2014
There are newer reviews for Leicester Marriott Hotel

Reviewed August 17, 2014

Stayed two nights and found everything perfectly adequate for the price... welcome, room size, cleanliness etc.
The restaurant was surprisingly good, with excellent Chinese and Indian choices.
Those looking for a modern, corporate style and well run hotel need not hesitate.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed August 14, 2014

stayed here for a night as a transit to London from Scotland being a super long drive...hotel needs some serious maintenance, as soon as i checked into my room, the latch on the door entry got stuck resulting in me getting locked in the room..i was horrified & also terrified that how can the maintenance be so poor....i was locked inside the room for almost 30mins before maintenance team arrived and unlocked me manually...

even though i was shifted to a new room and given all the extended hospitality thats possible like free water, breakfast, wifi, car park but still i can never forget this terrifying experience...

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with friends
Leicester_Marriott, Manager at Leicester Marriott Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2014

Dear Mr Guptaa

Many thanks for your feedback relating to your recent stay at the Leicester Marriott Hotel.

I was most concerned to read your comments; I have tried to contact you personally on several occasions to apologise and would very much welcome the opportunity to speak with you at your convenience. The safety and security of our all visitors and Associates is of paramount importance and as a leading International hotel I would like to offer my reassurance that we have robust processes and procedures in place to ensure the safety of our guests and staff at all the times.

On a positive note, I was pleased to read that our Associates endeavoured to make the remainder of your stay as comfortable as possible.

I sincerely hope that I have the opportunity to speak with you and welcome you back to the hotel in the future.

Sincerely
Naleem Ariff
Director of Operations

Reviewed August 12, 2014

On arriving at this hotel we were very pleasantly surprised. A fantastic entrance and reception area, and the staff were amazingly helpful and friendly. We arrived a short time before check in time to be told that we could be upgraded FOC. The room we had was brilliant, spacious, we got free drinks and fruit and was so much more than expected. We used the spa facilities which although quite small, were everything you needed, and were very clean.

I will definitely be going back to this hotel again and would recommend to anyone about to stay in Leicester.

Well Done!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2014

I stayed here with my partner in July for 4 nights dinner, bed and breakfast. The room was spacious, clean, comfortable, air conditioned and was replenished daily with towels, tea/coffee and toiletries.
The food was fabulous! The buffet style for both breakfast and evening meal is a great idea, so much choice and it tasted so good. The breakfast choices were probably the best I have experienced in a hotel for quite some time. Cocktail bar was a lovely little bonus, and the waiter service just made it that little extra special and us more relaxed. All in all this is a great hotel, we will definitely return and definitely have the dinner, bed and breakfast option again.
I would also like to point out, that particular weekend there was a large wedding reception, yet you would never have known; the atrium bar remained quiet (because the function room had it's own) and there was little to no noise coming from the party at all. Very impressive in my eyes.
The staff here were lovely, friendly and very attentive. 100% recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 11, 2014 via mobile

As ever the hotel is great, but what hits you is the dedication of the junior or trainee team members.

Be they in the bar, restaurant, the exec lounge or wherever, they buy into the marriott ethi of service excellence immediately.

Without wanting to pick out anyone in particular, it is worth flagging to all the great job sheena does with her junior teams and the performance they then provide!

A great place to stay!

Thanks Alice!

K

• Stayed: August 2014
Reviewed August 10, 2014 via mobile

We paid £175 to stay here for 2 nights as part of the stay play and go offer
The hotel is rather corporate but we chose this as it got the best reviews
2 double beds in the room modern well maintained spacious rooms well air conditioned
It's positioned just off the m1 and isn't particularly picturesque however is ideally located
It's opposite a huge sainsburys also in walking distance of a pub which does food about 20 min drive into city centre where there are plenty of eating places
My bed was rather hard and on the 2nd night a wedding function was in the hotel and guests kept us awake running up and down corridors shouting etc we phoned to complain but nothing was done about it and the noise went on for hours !!!
Not the hotels fault but a consideration for Saturday night bookings
Breakfast was brilliant however hot and cold buffet with eggs cooked as you like all fresh fruit very varied something for everyone
Even though the hotel is aimed at the corporate market many families were staying in the hotel on the stay play and go so very child friendly
There is a pool but we didn't try it however kids were welcome up to 8.15 pm
Would stay here again
!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank westiekate
Also consider these accommodations in or near Enderby
Hilton Leicester
College Court Hotel
College Court Hotel
#8 of 40 in Leicester
Ramada Encore Leicester City Centre

Been to Leicester Marriott Hotel? Share your experiences!