Cocotinos Manado, a boutique dive resort might be small in size, the service and hospitality is anything but. Mr. Martinus and his team really scores big in this department.
From our arrival, where we were met by the friendly El (izabeth), all the way till our departure, we have nothing but praises for Cocotinos’s operations. Our stay there did not feel commercial, in fact it felt like home.
Every morning we were greeted by friendly faces from the gardener, house keepers, wait staffs, kitchen hands, dive center staffs, front office staffs and till the GM himself Mr. Martinus. They do not address you as Sir or Mdm. They addressed you by name. It is such personalized touch that makes you feel warm.
The rooms are clean and spacious, high ceiling with A/C and fan. A flat screen Tv with cable channels. An airy bathroom, which allows natural lighting and has separated shower area and toilet. The room that we were assigned was by the wateredge and had a glorious view of Wori Bay. Many mornings were spent sitting at the balcony, enjoying the sea breeze and enjoying the sight of fishing boats setting off for its daily catch.
The dive center (Oddyseas) deserves a standing ovation too. All you had to do was to place your diving gear in the crates provided in your room and they will setup everything for you. At the end of the day, they will unload your gear to be rinsed and aired. Your gear will all be ready again the next day at your assigned dive boat. All you need to do is turned up and be ready for the numerous dive sites that Manado/Bunaken have to offer. The dive guides were all very professional and knowledgeable. We felt extremely safe under their care. Being an avid but amateurish underwater photographer, they will seek out interesting subjects for you. The boat crew’s attentiveness was another highlight. Helping you to gear up and de-gearing. Offering you a towel, freshly cut fruits and drinks after every dive.
A special thanks to Mr. James Mamoto. Who so unselfishly shared his knowledge and gave me many pointers in underwater photography. Everyone should look at his photography and be awestruck. His pictures were simply breathtaking.
Another warm gesture by Mr. Martinus was to actually move the Cocotinos Christmas Celebration forward couple of days to our last night so that my wife and I can attend. It was not just a simple changing of dates. It was a logistic challenge as his church congregation, live band and some invited locals were involved. Our heartfelt thanks to Mr. Martinus for the invitation and deep appreciation for your troubles to accommodate us.
Thank you again, all the good people of Cocotinos Manado for making this such a memorable trip for my wife and I. Your immaculate attention to details and impeccable hospitality is second to none. The only complain that I have is our stay of 9 days 8 nights was too short. We will most definitely return and hope to see you soon.
Benny & Mel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Cocotinos Manado is a boutique dive resort located within Wori Bay in the heart of Kima Bajo, a fishing village overlooking the Bunaken National Marine Park, world famous for its astounding wall and macro scuba diving. A mere 25-minute drive from Manado's Sam Ratulangi International Airport brings you to the resort, on the water's edge, in full view of Siladen Island and Manado Tua, a majestic dormant volcano across the Sulawesi Sea. Through the use of selected hardwoods, stone, and other ecologically friendly building materials sourced from the region, the resort blends seamlessly with the surrounding village and coconut grove. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Fastbooking, Priceline, Travelocity, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Cocotinos Manado reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cocotinos Manado Hotel Wori
- Cocotinos Manado Indonesia/Wori, Sulawesi