“Fantastic place”

Uncle Albert's Traditional English Fish and Chips
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: Please check out our website to see our menu and read the story behind the name of Uncle Albert's.
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very nice restaurant with great atmosphere and staff. I am Norwegian and therefor used to high quality fish. Something Uncle Alberts gave me. I am now becoming a regular to this fantastic restaurant . Good value and proper portions. Highly recommended .

1  Thank Swedbug
Liam H, Owner at Uncle Albert's Traditional English Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded April 22, 2014

Hi there,
Thank you for your review! I really appreciate your comments on our atmosphere and high quality fish. I am glad you noticed our standard of quality fish and we hope you will be back again shortly. It was a pleasure to serve you

Reviewed March 9, 2014

lunch or dinner or just for a snack. We have been few times to Uncle Albert's and
never disappointed. No, every time we had very fresh fish, good chips and salad.
The staff is very friendly and they serve you very well.
Now they have a lunch menu and will try it out.

Hello there Susan,
Thank you for your review. I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review. Thanks for your comments on our staff and food. Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Had the traditional English fish & chips here with mushy peas.Very good. A decent size of fish with good crispy batter and the mushy peas were good too.
One small criticism and that is that the fish could have been cooked for a little longer as it was slightly under cooked,still a little opaque. Having said that the dish was very enjoyable

Liam H, Owner at Uncle Albert's Traditional English Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Hi there,
I really appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. I am happy to hear you tried our speciality, the Traditional fish and chips. Thank you for your comment on the fish, I will take this on board. I hope you will visit us again and find your meal up to our high standard. Thanks again!

Reviewed February 14, 2014 via mobile

Been In penang for over 3 weeks, ate out every night but have to say sorry it took me so long to visit uncle alberts. The food was outstanding in fact I would go as far as saying the best meal I've had in penang even beats the E&O 5 star. The portions are very generous the food is fresh and considering the quality of ingredients used very good value.. So sorry mags, that it took me so long. My loss entirely.

Hello there,
Thank you so much for your review! I really appreciate your comments, especially that our food beats the E & O! It was a pleasure to serve you.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Before I begin, a small confession—I meant to visit Uncle Albert's (it's my first time) for the sole (pun intended) purpose of trying out their traditional fish and chips, to see how they compared to other restaurants. However, when I browsed through their menu I was drawn to the Roast Chicken, so I decided to order that—Roast chicken leg (quarter). Served with roast potatoes, peas, carrots and homemade stuffing and gravy.

They had a promotion where you got the soup of the day and an ice lemon tea free with any main course. Today's soup was potato soup and when it was brought to me, I thought that the portion was small and plain. However, appearances are deceiving—the potato soup was excellent, just thick and creamy enough for my taste buds. A little while later my main course was served, and as you can see from the picture the portion was big and generous. The roast chicken had such a nice aroma to it, partnered with peas, carrots and homemade stuffing. I asked whether I could substitute the fries for a mashed potato instead, and they obliged. Needless to say, I enjoyed it immensely. AND the best part was the bill. RM23 (tax included) Now is that reasonable or what?

Tip: I'm glad I went on a weekday and I went early, around 6 pm. The restaurant was quiet at this time and service was very prompt.

I will be back for more!

Hi Philip,
Thank you so much for your review. I am happy to hear you tried our traditional roast chicken dish. It is very popular. I am also happy to hear you availed of our special- free homemade soup and Iced lemon tea. I greatly appreciate your comments and I hope to see you again soon.