“Lovely place for an enjoyable afternoon”

Ugly Duckling Wines
Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in West Swan
More attraction details
Owner description: Ugly Duckling Wines is a small boutique vineyard and cellar door located in the heart of the Swan Valley. We pride ourselves in offering premium wines, all hand-picked and locally crafted, coupled with old fashioned personal touch. While you are here, indulge in a mouth-watering gourmet pie made by the Bindoon Bakehaus, alongside a fresh garden salad. Using our wines in the steak, mushroom and shiraz pie and the chicken, leek and chardonnay pie, you will not be disappointed! Or be tempted by our delicious cheese and meat platters while you relax and soak up the fantastic views across the Swan Valley to the Perth hills. We also have a small selection of beautifully crafted cheese boards made from wine barrels, olives, olive oil and linen napkins with funky duck designs now available for sale. So come and enjoy tasting our wines and indulging your taste buds when you visit our charming, rustic cottage at 7790 West Swan Road. We look forward to seeing you soon.
Perth, Australia
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 103 helpful votes
“Lovely place for an enjoyable afternoon”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

We visited this winery recently with friends and thoroughly enjoyed it. We sat under the trees with a view of the vineyard. The wines were good and we shared a platter which was very enjoyable. We didn't try the pies but there is always next time. The staff were all very friendly and there was a duo playing guitar. We would certainly stop in here again when we are in the Swan Valley.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank vodka_rocks464

Hong Kong, China
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 42 helpful votes
“Warm friendly welcome”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

Wonderful couple serving great wine and the cheese platter was absolutely delicious. Very relaxed with outdoor covered seating looking out across the vines.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Whenz
“Best gourmet pies ever”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

We visited this winery because I loved the name, so glad we did because it was the highlight of our wine tour. The pies were out of this world and I'm not normally a big pie lover. The wines were nice too, but I would travel from Perth just for their pies.

Fairhope, Alabama
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Lovely vineyard”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

The name of the vineyard tickled me pink, so I had to drop in. I was so very glad that I did. This is such a wonderful place to try wines and enjoy the beautiful scenery. The gentleman at the bar, who I think may have been the owner, was witty and a pleasure to talk to. He didn't seem to mind that my friend and I tried nearly all the wines, more than once. It was with a smile and a lovely bottle of Shiraz, that I left this gorgeous place. A must see while in the Perth area.

Visited October 2012