“very disappointing”
Review of Stapleford Park

Stapleford Park
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Stapleford
Reviewed February 24, 2013

poor value for money. very disappointing evening meal all round a real let down. we came on a "country pursuits" break which cost an additional £200 but only had 3 turns each and the experience lasted a total of 1/2 hr for all 4 of us.
No tea / coffee making facilities in the bedroom
I have stayed in much cheaper places and had a much much better time

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank tamsin120
There are newer reviews for Stapleford Park

Reviewed February 24, 2013

had sunday lunch just had too let people know wat good value this dinner turned out 2 b .could not eat it all all veg fresh well done 2 chef on duty.will return again soon.i dined on my own so have 2 keep eye on expences. i cant made this at home <at this price..> many thanks again.pat o connell.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed February 24, 2013

We have been going to Stapleford Park for many years, my daughter was married there and my youngest hosted her 18th there. We have had many family celebrations, stays and meals over the years and have never once been disappointed with either the service or food.

Our most recent visit was yesterday with the family for afternoon tea. We were greeted at the door and shown to our table in the Drawing room and then promptly attended to. The food was fresh and well presented the staff attentive and courteous. We had a 4 year old with us who was also catered for willingly both via food and colouring equipment.

I personally feel based on my experience Stapleford is good value for money - I sometimes think their prices are a bit of a bargain actually compared to some of the places I have been.

Well done Stapleford.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 19, 2013

The hotel stands in beautiful grounds and the bedrooms are lovely when you eventually get the room which you orginally booked.Lunch service finishes 2.30pm on the dot. You are then offered a bar snack menu . We were lucky to just make the lunch menu by the skin of our teeth but were offered a sofa to eat our lunch from our lap's . At £30.00 a head I found dreadful!!!.

Breakfast had to get better no?But it was worse a buffett hot/cold breakfast . The cooked breakfast was cold, wasnt offered tea or coffee or fresh hot toast, the breakfast staff were the worst by far. Then to top the lot we were given our bill. Each item you were charged 10% on . A cup of tea , a beer , each individual item had a 10% charge. If the hotel isnt expensive enough with a poor service they charge 10% service for the priviledge . A complete liberty

Room Tip: Chcek the room you have booked before travelling. I was given the name of the room we were booked in...
2  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We booked a luxury spa break to celebrate my partner's birthday and hoped for a relaxing break.
We arrived early to use the gym and spa, we were told our room was ready when we arrived so popped in to drop off our bags and get changed before heading to the gym. Upon check out I discovered this quick changed had cost me the price of an early check in. At no point was I informed this would cost and I find this underhand for such an establishment. The gym and spa were lovely with great staff and service. The food and service at lunch, dinner and breakfast were faultless. The big disappointment came with the very cold bedroom which was noisy, and the pointless feature of two beds being pushed together to make one. This resulted in a very poor night's sleep for my partner and a poor night for me through the cold.
I wouldn't stay there again and certainly wouldn't recommend it to anyone who enjoys sleeping.
Head to Ragdale Hall as the food and service are just as good without the negative feelings and false apologies. All in all...a big let down that cost the price of a premium luxury break. Never again

Room Tip: Ensure they room has one bed and isn't a cheap trick expected from a much cheaper brand of hotel...
Reviewed February 6, 2013

My husband and I have just spent my 40th birthday at this hotel. The hotel is stunning, the restaurant staff we found excellent, and the food was outstanding. I had a very relaxing treatment in the spa and thought the pool was great. The only negative was that we were woken up at 6am by the fire alarm! Not great when we were in desperate need of a lie in (having a 3 year old!). We would love to return, even though to stay in the hotel is very expensive, we thought the food was very good value and would certainly consider just dining here in the future. Thank you.

1  Thank Samantha P
SPL8888, Director and Owners Representatives at Stapleford Park, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Thank you for your kind review and apologies for any disturbance to you sleep. Chef will be delighted to hear your comments on his food and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Underwhelming in every way! Had a 1 night stay mid week intending a "relaxed getaway" with my wife on Jan 30th. Chose Stapleford over Hambleton Hall exclusively for the recreational facilities and knowing that we were trading off Hambleton's reputation for impeccable food for the benefit of the swimming etc at Stapleford. Without prior notice and having specified this intention when booking, it turned out that the pool was out of service; sauna out of service; steam room out of service; chef was effectively "out of service" as the food was very, very average and materially below what you'd expect from an SLH hotel; and room was cold! All management staff were absent from our attempts to rectify the disappointment. Service staff did an admirable job of trying to make us "feel better", BUT without any tangible form of service recovery or recognition from the management of the hotel's faillure to deliver the amenities it publicises. Underwhelming and completely disappointing in every way. Had the hotel made any effort to respond to our disappointment I'm certain we'd have a much more pleasing memory of an abortive mid week getaway...............

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Adam P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stapleford
Hambleton Hall
Hambleton Hall
#1 of 1 in Hambleton
Sysonby Knoll Hotel (Best Western)
Scalford Hall Hotel
#3 of 12 in Loughborough
Barnsdale Hall Hotel
Barnsdale Hall Hotel
#2 of 2 in Barnsdale

Been to Stapleford Park? Share your experiences!