“Great Music”

Cuisines: Irish, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great music, great service, great food. The group of men singing on Friday night was wonderful. They invited many other people to join them from the crowd as well. I would suggest coming early to get a seat close to the music because it gets very crowded.

There are newer reviews for O'Connors Pub Doolin

Reviewed June 30, 2013

Had a delicious burger while listening to live Irish music being played. Nice Irish pub and staff was very helpful.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We went to Gus O'Connor's two nights in a row. The first night we were there just for the music and fell in love with Smithwick's Pale Ale draft. We had such a great time, we wound up closing down the pub!

We went the second night for dinner. Although we had to put in our own orders and get our own drinks from the bar, we all agreed that it was some of the best food we had on the entire trip. There was an amazing potato leek soup, delicious grilled lamb chops, and grilled salmon. So delicious! I highly recommend dining here.

The only problem was that on our second night, they had run out of beer. I never fully understood the problem, but I think it had something to do with getting a new cold room so I don't think its something that will happen every again. That being said, it was a super bummer that they only had Heineken and Guinness on draft the second night we were there.

The other issue is the odd "organic" smells that emanate from certain parts of the pub. You can smell it outside too, but yikes, it smells like sewage from time to time. Just be warned - at least it will go away after a minute or so... I'm just sharing this so that folks aren't scared off by the smell when you walk in, because honestly, the music and food are terrific and I wouldn't have closed down the pub if it had smelled like that all night!

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed in Doolin the night before Doolin Music Festival and a lot of walk up musicians kept joining as night went on. Food and Patrick the owner is great host and puts up Milwaukee Irish Fest bumper stickers every year. So if you want a great night of Traditional Music and great food and service head to Gus O'Connor's Pub

1  Thank paulterrysireland
Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stopped here as part of a bus tour of the area. You order at the bar and give them your table number and the food was there in less than 10 minutes. My wife and I split a burger and it was wonderful. My daughter had an excellent goat cheese platter and my son settled for his favorite chicken strips. This was the best lunch on our 4 day Railtours of southern and western Ireland.