“Perfect Anniversary present”

Ranked #12 of 25 Restaurants in Doolin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 12, 2012

It was our 4th Wedding Anniversary and my other half had booked a surprise meal for us. When we arrived we were given the only window table which had a perfect view of the coast and the sunset that was just starting. The food was of a very high standard and the portion sizes were just right. We got 3 different types of bread including garlic scones and although novel and different were quite tasty. The service was quite good with no fussing and as it was a quiet night we felt quite spoilt. I had the pork belly and gnocchi followed by rack of lamb and herself had the crap dumpling with celeriac and apple coleslaw followed by the duck, Only small fault was with the pork belly as i felt there was a wee bit too much jus but it was only a minor issue as overall the quality of food along with the setting were the perfect way to spend our anniversary.

Reviewed June 17, 2012

While staying at Fuschia Cottage nearby (see our separate, glowing review of that accommodation!) we dropped by Ballinalacken Castle for dinner. The view from our table was matched by the friendliness of service and deliciousness of every bite!

I enjoyed the pork belly & gnocchi in brown sage butter so much I (rudely?) lapped-up the remaining sauce with my bread. My husband's mixed salad was fresh, lovely and perfectly dressed. I had the Irish Beef tenderloin, cooked to perfection with just the right amount of Cabernet sauce, while hubby inhaled his roasted pork loin. A well-priced bottle of wine shared over a lovely meal with great service. Now, what could be better? Ended with a shared dessert that matched the meal in deliciousness.

Pricey? Yes, but well worth the expense for a wonderful meal in a beautiful setting! Highly recommend both the Castle and Roadford House Restaurant for a fine-dining break from the typical Doolin pub grub or other lesser restaurants in the area.

Reviewed June 14, 2012

Very friendly resturent. Well presented food. Not cheap. I think the best place to eat in Doolin unless you have budget restriction.

Reviewed June 13, 2012

While staying in a nearby rental cottage we decided to visit the Castle and make reservations for dinner for the next day. Fortunately there was availability the same day and we stayed for dinner. What a charming atmosphere and the food was faultless. Service was also great. A little pricey but worth the experience. The owner was also available to give a tour of the castle. As we were leaving the sunset was something to behold. Great memory.

Reviewed August 8, 2011

I had dinner with my husband and two of our friends last night. i cannot give this restaurant a bigger rating that is allowed. The dinner was faultless the setting was beautiful and to top it all off the views were amazing and as we dined we watched the sun set over the atlantic with beautiful views of the cliffs of moher. We were met with a lovely front of house welcome and shown to the bar for a pre dinner drink where we engaged the bar man (probably an understatement) who told us it was his 73rd year at Ballinalacken and filled us in on some of the history of this fabulous hotel. The service at dinner was brilliant with a lovely young lady called Brenda, she servied us with a beautiful smile. I will remember that dinner for a long time to come. There is more to Doolin than the pub grub. I think everyone should treat themselves and go visit this beautiful hotel.