“Great location”
Review of Nellie Dees

Nellie Dees
Ranked #22 of 56 Doolin B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 28, 2011

A fine place to stay in Doolin. The rooms were very good and the breakfast was fine. This B&B was walking distance to almost anything in Doolin

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple

Reviewed September 25, 2011

my husband and i my daughter, my 2 sons and daughter in law just spent 2 nights in nellie dees,what excellent food and lots of choices for breakfast,hospitality the best lovely people,3mins away the best of trad music.we will be back

Room Tip: allways check it out,
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank rose h
Reviewed September 3, 2011

We had a booking for 27th August 2011. Arrived just after 1 pm. NO ONE around. Went touring around and came back at 3 pm ... Still NO ONE present! Went to Pub for a drink & was advised that the owners had gone to England for a wedding! So unprofessional hosts not to honor their forward bookings! Luckily we were able to get alternative accommodation ... NELLIE DON'T!!!

• Stayed: August 2011
3  Thank George F
lorspencer, Owner at Nellie Dees, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2011

Dear GeorgioF

I was disappointed to read your review but also understand your frustration when you were unable to check in to where your Tour Operator has advised you a reservation had been made on your behalf.

I feel I must clarify the situation as I am also frustrated as this is not a good reflection on Nellie Dee's but what happened was through no fault of mine.

The fact that I was not at home to meet and greet you was because I had no reservations on August 27th.

In fact your reservation was cancelled by a Tour Operator and I have forwarded a copy of the cancellation notice I received to the Agency you booked your vacation through. I trust you have been contacted by the Agency in question as they assured me they would contact you and explain why there was no reservation made on your behalf here.

I hope this upset did not impact too much on your evening in Doolin.

Yours sincerely
Loraine Spencer
Nellei Dee's

Reviewed August 27, 2011

Six of us stayed two nights at Nellie Dee's and we're glad we chose this spot in Doolin. Innkeepers were very helpful with local tips, ferry schedules and restaurant recommendations. Jim serves a wonderful breakfast! Try the fresh fruit with yogurt and honey swirled on top for breakfast. The porridge was the best we had in Ireland! Very clean accommodations. Great location in walking distance from two pubs and a great restaurant. Highly recommend this quiet, lovely B&B!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank BettyS_21
Reviewed August 15, 2011

This is a nice, new, clean and bright place. It's an easy walk to the pubs for music and a great location for visiting Doolin and the Burren. Thanks to Lorraine, our hostess, who spent a good deal of time helping us find another room for the next night, we stayed two nights in Doolin, and we'll love to go back!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Dianne603
Reviewed August 6, 2011

This B&B was absolutely terrific! With a welcoming puppy named Jacob and the host who was warm, caring, and full of information. A very peaceful place close to the ocean with amazing views, you could walk anywhere for a bite to eat or some light shopping. I would recommend this B&B to everyone! I wish we could have stayed there longer :)

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank jeanhWilcox
Reviewed August 3, 2011

A very well situated bungalow, spotlessly clean and comfortable, homely, very peaceful. Run by Jimmy and Lorraine who are most welcoming and congenial hosts. Breakfasts are excellent too.
2 mins walk into Doolinn for food and drink.
Go there!!!

Room Tip: The twin room is at the front but all are nice.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple