“lovely staff found my keys and then paused a boat-launch to give them to me!”

Doolin2Aran Ferries
Boat Trip to Inis Oirr in the Aran Islands from Doolin
Ranked #4 of 20 things to do in Doolin
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Doolin2Aran Ferries is owned by the Garrihy's family and is the largest ferry company operating between Doolin and the Aran Islands. It is the original Cliffs Of Moher cruise company. It operates a fleet of 4 ships with a capacity for 332 passengers and sails from March to November. We hope to welcome you on board soon!
Galway, Galway, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“lovely staff found my keys and then paused a boat-launch to give them to me!”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I got the ferry to Inis Oirr with Doolin2Aran ferries recently. buying the ticket, I thought their staff service was nice and friendly, their rates were reasonable and was perfectly happy with the service. I boarded the ferry - and just as the ferry was about to take off, one of the office-guys came sprinting up the pier, shouted at the guys to pause the launch, and then gave them a set of keys pointing to me. Turned out I'd left my car keys at the desk!! lovely people who literally went the extra mile! I'm definitely going to give them my custom again in future.

• Korean first
San Diego, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Rocky start but great finish”
Reviewed July 28, 2013

We spent the night in Doolin with plans to get up and view the Cliffs of Moher. Before leaving town, we stopped into a Doolin2Aran Ferries office and bought two tickets for a day trip to Inis Oirr and a cruise past the cliffs on the way back.

The trip to Inis Oirr was uneventful and the spent on the island was nice. When it came time to get the return ferry back to Doolin by way of the Cliffs, chaos broke out. There was no indication of where the ferry would dock, and no ageThere is no agents to ask. When the ferry did pull up, there was a mad rush to get on - no line, lots of pushing. Not very well managed.

However, the cruise past the Cliffs made up for that and more. There is nothing more awe-inspring than seeing the Cliffs from the water. The ferry spent quite a bit of time there, taking us past various points on the Cliffs and its outcroppings, making for incredible views and pictures.

I'd definitely use their services again.

6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Don't !”
Reviewed July 25, 2013 via mobile

I want to preface my review by saying that I did not actually travel with Doolin2Aran ferries and I never will !
Reason, I felt uncomfortable and intimidated by the methods they employed to secure business. When we arrived at the pier we wanted to browse what was on offer. We were accosted by staff members of Doolin2Aran ferries who tried to force us to travel with them. We declined as we found them rather menacing and unpleasant. We approached another company , The O'Brien Line and the difference in attitude and approach was amazing. Obviously we elected to travel with the O' Brien Line. We proceeded to the pier to wait our turn to board out boat. There we encountered unbelievable bad manners and nastiness from the owner of Doolin2Aran ferries!
He was most unpleasant, barking orders and shouting. Refusing to give any information to people who weren't travelling on his boats. There is no need for such behaviour , it gives a very poor impression of Ireland and we can do without it. So perhaps he might learn some manners and pass them on to his crew too !

2 Thank Mamaoisin
Belfast
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Cowboy operation”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

There is at least one other business doing the same and to be fair they seem like a cowboy operation too. Total chaos at the boarding point, they're probably all like that. No commentary on the boat or before. No safety advice. No information about the cliffs or anything we saw. The people involved had no personality. Despite saying that it is worth doing as you get to see the cliffs from the sea and it is nice but for the money the whole operation is ridiculous. Also the car parking is clearly insufficient and no one has had the wit or the work ethic to create more spaces. This is popular so try and get tickets in advance and get there in advance of your departure time to get a parking space and then watch a bunch of no craic hill-billies make a hames of everything and depart way past your departure time.

Chichester, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable trip to Cliffs of Moher”
Reviewed July 24, 2013

Myself, wife and grown up son travelled down from Galway City, where we were staying, to visit the Cliffs of Moher and took a boat trip with Doolin2Aran Ferries out to the cliffs and back. The boat took us very close to where thousands of birds were nesting, including puffins. In addition, we saw a dolphin in Doolin harbour.