Open today: 8:00 AM - 9:00 PM

from $28.70
from $34.50
from $51.70
1,286 results
All reviews happy hooker boat ride great trip day trip harry potter rough seas ferry company return trip inis mor cliffs cruise ferry service hour cruise other companies different perspective bad weather bird life small island
Reviewed 1 week ago

We took the late cruise expecting to see the setting sun illuminating the cliffs. We were blessed with a perfect day! The ride was not too choppy and the tour guide was excellent. We were on the top so could see well. I would have been disappointed if I had to sit downstairs.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We visited Doolin at the end of October and were upset with the treatment we received from the owner/operator of this tour. Without notice our tour was cut short for a few of us and didn’t receive any sort of compensation for the missing portion of the tour. Not to mention that it was obvious that they knew beforehand that they were not operating the full tour but neglected to even give us a choice as to which portion we wanted to see. I would not recommend this tour as there are other choices in the area.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We had a terrible experience with this tour company. We booked a combination tour with the Cliffs of Mohr and the Aran Island Inis Oirr. When we arrived for our tour they guided us to a boat going to the island and told us that it was the last boat going to the island however neglected to mention that he wasn't going to take us to the Cliffs of Mohr which we would have chosen if we knew that he was going to cut our trip short. It was very clear that he never intended to take us on the full trip once we returned and so far have not received a refund for the portion of the trip that we did not see. Quite unbelievable! I've never had an experience like this on any tour we've taken.

Reviewed 1 week ago

We booked this trip in advance and drove from Dublin the day of specifically to see the Cliffs from the waterside but with the added bonus of seeing one of the Aran Islands. When we arrived the owner "Joe" encouraged us to get on the boat to head to the island first not mentioning that he was planning on cutting the day short in any way only that the last ferry from the island was at 3:45 and that is why we had to go there first. We arrived back at the pier and were told we were not going to the Cliffs of Mohr today even though that is what we had booked. When we asked for a refund for the excursion Joe told us that if we wanted to see the Cliffs we should have done that first!
(We would have had we known he was planning on cancelling it)
It was Halloween day and it was obvious to us that they wanted to leave early. To this day we have had no refund on even the Cliffs of Mohr part of the tour even though this had been promised on site by the owner Joe. I would not recommend this tour company to anyone as they are rather unscrupulous and clearly have their own agenda that is not customer centric.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I get seasick standing on a dock. But my wife really wanted to walk on the Aran islands and i didn't want to be a wimp. So I went. On a very windy, turbulence day. I was amazed that the captain did such a fibe job getting us there & back that I never even had to take tbhe Dramamine!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The absolute best way to see the cliffs the boat trip is fantastic does full 360 degree turn around the majestic Cliffs Of Moher.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This cruise was so incredible! I don't believe there is any better way to take in the full majesty of the Cliffs of Moher. The ticket staff, boat hands, captain, and every employee we encountered were helpful, friendly, talkative, and an overall joy to be around. I would 10/10 recommend this family owned ferry company!

1  Thank Ruthie J
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Such a great way to see the Cliffs of Moher! 1 hour cruise is perfect. Choppy getting out. Sit in back for less motion. Can get wet on way out. Dress for wind. Once there plenty of time for photos and a short informational recording.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We arrive a couple hours early because bad weather meant we had to skip the Cliffs of Moher. The staff let us jump on the 11am which stopped in Inisheer first (we were the only ones staying on to Inishmore since it wasn't an official trip). As I mentioned the weather was pretty bad, big waves, high winds, etc. They were running their brand new ship, "The Star of Doolin", which was an amazing boat. The waves still felt huge but there was no rocking and the journey was still shorter than published thanks to the powerful boat. Even with the one stop it was only an hour to Inishmore. Most of the bad experiences seem to be from people who were sea sick or just nervous on boats. Sit outside in the back if you are nervous, this will minimize the up and down motion as well as give your brain something to focus on (the horizon).

On our return we took the "Happy Hooker" and older and much slower boat to Inisheer and from there transferred to the "Star of Doolin". Even though the boat was older I actually really enjoyed the journey.

Do not hesitate to consider the journey even if you are worried about being sea sick. My wife gets motion sickness and because of our schedule change she didn't even take sea sickness meds. Despite the heavy seas on our way out she never felt bad.

1  Thank Daniel P
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We took the trip from hell to Inis Mor with Doolin Ferries. It was a rainy day,but not exactly stormy. While we were waiting for our boat, we saw 2/3 other boats dock which looked nice and modern. However, just before our boat arrived, one of the workers “assured” us that we would be taking that particular boat because it “was able for the trip”. Strange thing to say...until I saw the boat. It must have been at least 70/80 years old and was really small and looked like an old trawler. He had “reassured “ us because he knew what people’s reactions would be when we saw the boat!
Then followed the most horrific 90 minutes of my life! Most people were sick/nauseous but my problem was the sheer terror. It was like being on a terrifying fairground ride, but with the knowledge that it wasn’t going to end within 5 minutes.
Doolin Ferries badly need to update their boats. However, it had turned me off visiting any of the islands ever again!!!!