“Friendly, Convenient & Comfortable”
Review of Churchfield B & B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Doolin
Churchfield B & B
Ranked #18 of 56 Doolin B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 21, 2011

I chose this place based on reviews on TA and the fact that there was a secure website, GoIreland.com, to reserve using a credit card. We stayed here 1 night on our 16 day trip.

We arrived to check in about 4:30pm and Maeve greeted us right away and took us to our room. She asked if it was ok. We were the only ones staying there that night. We took room 3 and settled in and made tea. We tried to hook up to the wi-fi, but the connection was really weak. There was a computer in the sitting room that was available to guests and we used it instead.

Our room was pretty small, the bed took up most of the room. There was a small TV, small armoire, and vanity. A hair dryer and tea nook are available also. Since the room was smaller, we enjoyed the sitting room to relax before dinner. The shower had great pressure and plenty of hot water.

The B&B is right across from McDermott's where we had dinner and enjoyed trad music. We also walked across the bridge to McGann's to check it out for a drink. It is literally a 2 minute walk from McDermott's.

For breakfast the next morning, I had bacon and eggs (I'm not a fan of the full breakfast) and the hubby had the full breakfast. Maeve was very nice and I almost felt like I was staying at my grandma's house.

When checking in, she asked where we'd come from (all hosts do that) and we said the Cliffs of Moher. We asked her about boat trips to the bottom and she said she'd send out an email to find out when the next trip would go out. At breakfast the next day, she said there was a trip at noon and we were able to see the Cliffs from the bottom, which was much more enjoyable.

Overall, we enjoyed our stay at Churchfield and would stay here again. Maeve will make you feel welcome and help you out in any way.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank FreqTravelers

Reviewed March 14, 2011

We stayed here for a night during the Traditional Irish Music Festival in late February and it was a great spot. Great location within walking distance of all of the pubs hosting traditional music. Good value, good food, good room, very friendly & helpful... all around a good experience.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 8, 2011

The room was cold the first night as the owner had not been well so we were the first customers for a few weeks. The place warmed up the next night. The owner was more than helpful particularly when we couldnt start he car one morning. Breakfasts typically irish and hearty. Would recommend as near cantre of Doolin (thouh Doolinn village is about 2 miles long!)

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2011

My sister and I stayed in Doolin one night and had a fantastic time. Maeve made us laugh a lot and was very helpful with recommendations. After suggesting we dismiss our previous plans, she recommended we take a boat tour to see the Cliffs of Moher by sea and visit Inis Oirr island - which were of course both fantastic and well worth doing. After breakfast, and after rainstorm, a beautiful rainbow appeared, which made our day. Food was great. We will certainly go back to Doolin and will stay at Churchfield B&B again. Room was comfortable - although wireless access in the room seemed to be only received in the bathroom. Wireless also accessible in lounge.

Had excellent supper at McGann's Pub, with fantastic music entertainment.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 1, 2011

My sister and I "discovered" Maeve Fitzgerald and Churchfield when we were looking for a post office in 1988. The post mistress asked where we were from in the states. When we said Omaha, Nebraska, she quickly disappeared and returned with a tape and said: "Do you know The Turfmen?" Of course we did; they were a local band. "One of them wrote a song "Doolin in the Summertime" I'm Maeve Fitzgerald in the song!" She was absolutely charming. Talk abut Irish luck!

I have returned to Ireland six times with family and friends. Each visit we begin and end our holiday with Maeve. Throughout the years I have recommended Churchfield to everyone I know who is visiting "the West" and the Doolin area. I have received only positive responses, and now they, too, return to Maeve's and recommend Churchfield to their family and friends. My latest visit was in July, 2009 with my brother. This was his first visit to Ireland. Maeve's, Doolin, and "the West" are one of his favorite memories.

A visit to the beautiful west coast of Ireland is not complete without a stay at Churchfield in Doolin to hear the terrific music and see the Cliffs of Mohr.

I am writing this review because I want everyone who visits Ireland to enjoy their holiday as much as I do and have a grand time and share it with family and friends.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 9, 2010

This is a great B&B especially if you are travelling alone. The owner is a lovely woman who was very friendly and extremely welcoming. I would highly recommend it to anyone wanting to stay somewhere comfortable within a stone's throw of the Cliffs of Mohr.

Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
1  Thank Mb1247
Reviewed October 2, 2010

I travelled as companion to my Aunt. She is a math teacher and her school gave her an honorarium every year to travel anywhere in the world. She choose Ireland! We rented a car in Dublin after visiting there a few days and then set off on our own to explore the rest of the country basically driving south and west. We ended up pulling in to the charming village of Doolin late one evening after a long, scenic drive. It is a quaint out-of-the way place in striking distance to the famous Cliffs of Moher. Our hostess made us feel like family. She suggested that we take a commuter bus instead of driving to Galway one day- worth every euro since the bus stopped literally in front of Churchfield's! She even was able to help my Aunt out with a crochet stitch that she was trying to decipher. When I think of my trip to Ireland I think of Doolin first - so peaceful that I would really like to return one day. Biggest surprise about Ireland in general - be prepared to walk alot so bring comfy shoes! We saw a lot of young people hiking and biking. It can be physically demanding but at age 49 I could keep up and climb all those stairs at the Cliffs! Of course there were some nice pubs in town, too. We are from the U.S., my Aunt from Staten Island, New York (a borough of New York City) and I am from Somerset, New Jersey.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family