“Nice but expensive”

GreenLeadersGold level
Ireland
“Nice but expensive”
Reviewed September 4, 2007

I liked this hotel but I couldn't help feeling that it was expensive for what you get. The hotel is quite new so it's clean and freah. The rooms are comfortable but lack luxuaries which you'd expect for the price such as Air conditioning and internet. I stayed for two nights with breakfast included and the breakfast on both mornings was poor and the staff seemed untrained and overwhelmed....and it wasn't even that busy. The location was excel and the bar food was good and reasonably priced. I paid €160 per night for this hotel mid week. If it was €30 years cheaper I would have been happier

• Liked — Rooms
  • Disliked — Price
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank ocarrollm

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed August 27, 2007

Just returned from a weekend in Doolin with a group of friends - we stayed in Hotel Doolin and I'd highly recommend it - the rooms are very high spec with a double and single in each room. Really comfy beds and the best power shower I've ever had - great to clear a hangover after a very late night in the residents bar! The tuna melt that they serve in the bar is simply to die for too......

• Liked — Location, rate and bedroom
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with friends
Clare, Ireland
Reviewed August 26, 2007

I stayed here with a friend and then another time with my husband. Both times I really enjoyed it. Very clean hotel, great rooms, modern with good facilities. It is right in the village near all the great pubs and restaurants Doolin has to offer. Staff are very friendly and helpful and overall I would recommend this hotel to everyone.
Well done Doolin!

• Liked — Clean, modern and well equipped rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kildare
Reviewed July 29, 2007

Myself and a large group of friends wanted a night away to let our hair down and enjoy ourselves. Doolin and especially our stay in Hotel Doolin really lived up to that. Nothing was too much bother, from a champagne reception we organised ourselves to the late night drinks in the residents bar, Hotel Doolin was the perfect venue for our group. We managed to secure a very competitive rate for our accommodation and evening meal and everything lived up to our expectations. The staff were also helpful and friendly so overall, our stay was very enjoyable and I'd recommend highly. Well Hotel Doolin and thanks for a great weekend!

Stayed July 2007
1 Thank BridiesOnTour
Cork
Reviewed July 26, 2007

We stayed for 2 nights in hotel, & was very impressed with hotel. The hotel very clean, lovely facilites. We dined in restaurant & had a lovely meal, good choices on menu. the fitzpatrick bar had music each night & great atsmophere. We would like to say thank you to staff Aisling, Barbara & Kerrie for all their help with our enquires. They made our stay very pleasant.

• Stayed May 2007, traveled as a couple
Brentwood, California
Reviewed June 28, 2007

I have been watching reviews on this property and was a little concerned about our stay. But we had a very nice stay. We arrived several hours later than originally planned (about 1130pm instead of 7) They were very nice when we arrived so late. Had our rooms ready and even said they would ask the bar to stay open a bit longer if we wanted to get a drink. My husband had a knee injury and the lady at the reception counter asked if she could get us some ice and help us with luggage etc. also, the following morning when my husband still was no better, they contacted a doctor in a nearby town. The breakfast was OK, but the shower was the absolute best. We all had a horrible long day and the strong powerful shower really was wonderful. It was a bit expensive since we had to depart first thing in the morning, but overall it was a nice place.

• Liked — The shower and the friendly staff
  • Disliked — All was good
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank specialangel
Ireland
Reviewed June 12, 2007

I was so sorry to read the review posted by lemur11215 and I hope it doesn't deter my fellow traveller from returning to my favourite place in the world, Doolin. I am a regular visitor to Doolin and had up until last September, stayed in several of the different B&Bs in Doolin which cost my husband and myself about €80=€90 per night. My experiences have always been positive and when Hotel Doolin opened last year, I was only too eager to try it out. My experience was delightful. Once of the things which I loved about the hotel was that there was white lillies throughout which gave a lovely aroma once you stepped through the door and I must say we enjoyed great banter with the staff throughout the hotel. We found them exceptionally friendly and helpful and thought they did their hotel and location proud. Indeed we have booked a further break for the end of this month and managed to pick up a midweek break for €149 for each of us which includes two nights accomodation and one dinner. I get very disheartened when visitors to our country talk about being ripped off as we have travelled quite alot abroad also (as we are both now retired) and we feel that irish hotels offer very good value for money compared with some of the cities which we have been too.

Stayed March 2007
1 Thank hotelopinion
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doolin
Aran View Country House
#1 of 15 in Doolin
Doolin View B&B
Doolin View B&B
#15 of 53 in Doolin

Been to Hotel Doolin? Share your experiences!