“Delightful surprise”
Review of Hotel Doolin

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Doolin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed September 21, 2010

I know you go to Ireland countryside for the B&B's but I am sooo glad I stayed here instead of the basic B&B (with great food) my traveling companion stayed at. This hotel reminded me of a Hyatt Place in the low key style although maybe not all the amenities/services.
The bar was delightful and even though it's not one of the "three" must sees, it is where all the locals go to get out and see music. Food in restaurant and bar were typical and nothing to write home about but the staff and locals keep my heart longing to return to Doolin.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled solo
Co_ClareFiona, Director of Sales at Hotel Doolin, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2010

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
We are delighted that you chose to stay in Hotel Doolin and thank you for your nice comments on our friendly staff. Fitz's Bar is indeed a popular bar for live traditional music and ballad sessions so I am glad that you enjoyed the atmosphere and got an opportunity to meet the locals there too.
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Ireland.

Reviewed September 17, 2010

Really nice hotel, stayed there for two nights while visiting doolin. Went onto booking.com which showed that their were no rooms available, which originally made me look elsewhere, but decided to ring the hotel and were given a really good rate for the 2nights.
Hotel is really modern with spacious bedrooms, with comfortable beds.
Only down side would be lack of channels in the bedrooms (but didnt matter so much as didnt spend much time in the room as out sightseeing), no fitness centre, and also felt the halls leading up to the bedrooms were quiet dark, looked like it was missing a few bulbs. Felt the room that breakfast was served in was quiet dark too but the food made up for that!! really friendly staff and enjoyable stay, would stay here again as it is in the perfect location

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor member,
Thank you for your recent review of Hotel Doolin. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and that you plan to return to us at a future date. We do offer very good value for a 4 star hotel and I am delighted that you managed to secure a great rate for your break. I have passed your comments on to my colleagues here in relation to our friendly staff and great breakfast. Thank you for bringing the lighting situation to our attention, all bulbs have now been checked by our maintenance team and replaced where needed.
Thank you once again for taking the time to write this review.
We appreciate your feedback and hope we will have the pleasure of having you stay with us very soon again.

Reviewed August 21, 2010

Hotel Doolin is a fantastic hotel to stay in. Stayed here for one night and it really was a pleasurable experience. the rooms were modern and really clean and comfortable. As like a previous reviewer I really liked their green policy.
We ate in the restaurant of the hotel also and it was a good experience. the meal was very good and our waiter "Miley" was extremely nice and chatty. The only minus and a minor one was that we were waiting a while for service at breakfast however when we did get served it was excellent and had extra toast offered.
I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel as a place to stay-its in the heart of it and is well priced!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Co_ClareFiona, Director of Sales at Hotel Doolin, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2010

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
Thank you for your kind review which you placed on Trip Advisor. I am glad that you found our rooms to be clean, comfortable and modern and that you enjoyed good value in Hotel Doolin. Your compliments on our staff have been shared with our team here and we are delighted that you would recommend our hotel to other visitors. Apologies if you found breakfast service to be a little slow, but as we cook breakfast to order, this can take a bit than a buffet breakfast which you may have experienced in other hotels. I am pleased that you found it to be excellent when it arrived. We are consistently working towards becoming even more eco friendly in the hotel and having won a Green Silver Award last year, we have now set our sights on capturing a gold award in early 2011. Thank you for recognising our green efforts to date.
On behalf of everyone here, I would like to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Hotel Doolin very soon again.

Reviewed August 18, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night while travelling the coast of Clare .Rooms were spacious and bed very comfortable.Hotel had a very relaxed atmosphere .Bar was a lovely distance from bedrooms so no noise travelled .Bar had live traditional music with good atmosphere. Breakfast had Great choice of food pastries etc including hot breakfasts.

Dear Trip Advisor Member,
I am glad that you enjoyed your recent visit to Hotel Doolin and that you were impressed with our rooms and the atmosphere throughout the hotel. Thanks for your nice comments on Fitzpatricks bar and also on the breakfast choices which we offered in the South Sound restaurant. Doolin itself is a lovely tranquil village and I am pleased that our bedrooms afforded you a good nights sleep.
Thank you for taking the time to post a review and I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Hotel Doolin in the near future.

Reviewed August 17, 2010

Its very unusual to find a hotel like this in a place like Doolin...really out in the middle of nowhere! Nice hotel.
My room was nice and big. Only complaints where it was dark making it a bit dreary. The lighting in the bathrooms was also very poor.
The one thing i found very bizarre was the the hotel restaurant was closed on a monday night in the peak holiday season. Certainly not a way to make money!
Breakfast was excellent. The staff were reasonably friendly.

Reviewed July 19, 2010

We had a fantastic time at Hotel Doolin. The hotel was beautifiul and well laid out. We stayed during the week so it was nice and quiet. There's lots of places to just sit and relax. The staff were friendly and the rooms are very comfy and clean. We ate in Cullinane's across the road and the food was fab.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 8, 2010

This was my first time stayin in Hotel Doolin . I visit the area every year and had stayed in B&B's before. I could not find fault with anything in this wonderful Hotel. Everything about the place spells out ''peace and tranquillity''. The staff were wonderful from our initial contact at Reception to check out. We only had breakfast in the Hotel as we always dine in the '' best in the west'' (in our opinion) Restaurant across the road from Hotel Doolin........CULLINANE'S RESTAURANT........ a breath of fresh air from the overpriced and listed 'best in Ireland'' reaturants of Dingle. I shall indeed return to Hotel Doolin very soon and perhaps visit this corner of Heaven more that once a year. Looking forward to it.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple