“Wedding reception - Can't recommend highly enough.”
Review of Hotel Doolin

Hotel Doolin
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Doolin
GreenLeadersGold level
Clare
“Wedding reception - Can't recommend highly enough.”
Reviewed September 28, 2009

We had our wedding reception there on Sept. 12th. It couldn't have gone any better and I couldn't think of one thing to complain about. The rooms are spotless and nicely designed and laid out. Our trad band were great at the function and we had been put in contact with them through the hotel.
The food was fabulous and we had nothing but compliments from our guests. The finger food on arrival and the afters food went down a storm even though they are usually well down the list of priorities at most weddings.
The complimentary piper on arrival also lent to a great atmosphere.
The service we received from Eric, Deirdre and staff was excellent right throughout and was a pleasure to deal with them.
The sunny weekend topped it all off and seeing the sun set over the Atlantic through the function room windows in the evening was another added bonus.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Ireland
Reviewed September 17, 2009

I highly recommend Hotel Doolin believe me I should know. I have done the rounds checking out venue’s, Killarney, Limerick & Lake Garda but Hotel Doolin ticked all the boxes.
It was the perfect venue, it had it all, charm, unique location, clean, modern & not forgetting to mention the very warm welcome we received from the staff during our stay.
The function room holds 100 people comfortably and the little extra’s the hotel throws in make’s the difference, chair covers, pre-dinner entertainment.. a superb wedding feast menu to choose from.
The quality of food served on the day was the best I've had at any wedding, I understand my opinion maybe biased but I have fussy sisters who all agreed with me. My wedding was all about spending the best day of our life with family & friends while also spending the weekend together celebrating & that we did!!!
We also wanted to do something special the day after the wedding “the come down” Eric suggested a BBQ which the sun even came out for, it was a big hit, most enjoyable.

Everything ran smoothly thanks to the help of Eric the Wedding co-ordinator, nothing was a problem, including getting our guests help home after the wedding celebration.

Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Massachusetts
Reviewed September 2, 2009

This hotel was a wonderful place to stay. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. We had a marvelous dinner in the restaurant and the room was one of the most comfortable rooms we stayed in. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Meath
Reviewed August 30, 2009

My wife and I stayed in this hotel last week after getting a good 3 night mid week deal through a supermarket. The hotel is spotless, as was the very large and comfortable room we stayed in. We had a meal included in the deal and it was good, although portions were a bit too big. My pork belly main course included some kind of large pork chop that was very dry. The very busy waiter did a great job though, very attentive and friendly. If you want an excellent dining experience, then book Cullinans restaurant across the road from the hotel. Breakfast was very good also. It was cooked to order, not like the buffet rubbish you get in a lot of 4 star hotels these days. Overall, very nice hotel.

ireland
Reviewed August 25, 2009

stayed in Hotel Doolin on Sun 2nd of Aug for one night with my partner and 15 yr old son. Just an overnight break. it had been years since I had visited Doolin and was delighted to get a booking for Hotel Doolin - small type hotel but on arrival we were greated with one of the most friendly and informative receptionist I ever had the pleasure of meeting, makes such a difference other hotels take note. The hotel was small but the room was so spacey with all you required and sooo clean. spotless. Wireless broadband also. It was a really busy weekend but we were lucky to get a booking in the hotel restaurant, although a short menu the food was delicious - but of a wait but it was full. Lovely restaurant staff also. Breakfast needs a bit of tweeking and maybe some more experienced staff, great girls just needed a bit of direction. Great music that night. Will be back even though im only 60 miles away! keep ;up the good work and keep the friendly staff - facilities to suit all ages

VA
Reviewed August 23, 2009

Very nice - very new. Great hotel. Not much "charm" but, very nice property.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
spain
Reviewed August 10, 2009

I went with my girlfriend for a meal to this hotel on august bankholliday weekend. We saw the menu and thought that the prices were reasonable for a hotel restaurant. when we went in the staff was not as nice as espected it took 15 minuts to be seated when only 3 tables were full. I ordered the chowder and my girl friend ordered mussels. I have to say it was lovely. At the mains everything started going wrong. The stak was lovely but it was on this powder gravy that killed the good product they were serving the mash tasted like bainmarie from yesterday. The pork belli was gorlleous but the sauce again killed it. For 22 an 18 euros for the maincourses i expect real gravy or jus. It was really powdery taste. I didn't complain but then we asked for 2 espressos and we got two half cups of filter cofee ( And iu know the difference) Being a chef myself I don't like to complain but my girlfriend said to the manager that that wasn't a espresso and she tried to convince us that it was but in the wrong cup. Then i said that maybe they didn,t have espresso machine... There she came with a real espresso for my girlfriend with the cofee cream that lets you know it is the real thing. SO THEY DID KNOW IT WAS FILTER COFEE. I really think you should never try to full your customers if serve the wrong thing say sorry and bring another one don't say that it is what i asked for. Anyway to finish the cofees were 3.50 euros when in dublin are 2.10 for an espresso.
7 euros for 2 half cups of filter cofee!!!!! I hope they cahnge their attitude towards customers or they are gonna loose money.

3 Thank Tripyspain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doolin
Ballinalacken Castle Country House
#1 of 1 in Ennistymon
Sheedy's Country House Hotel
Sheedy's Country House Hotel
#1 of 7 in Lisdoonvarna

Been to Hotel Doolin? Share your experiences!