“A wet day in doolin”

GreenLeadersGold level
“A wet day in doolin”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Excellent staff.
We had a very good dinner, with good choice of wine
Followed by bar and live music. What more could you ask for
Needs to sort wifi in rooms, apparently some parts needed ?
Wifi in common areas fine and excellent computer boots available

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank zarf0001
Donal M, General Manager at Hotel Doolin, responded to this review, May 24, 2013
Dear zarf0001,

Thank you for your review on our property. I am pleased that you enjoyed good food & wine in Fitz's Bar and found are staff excellent.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if returning to Hotel Doolin dminihane@hoteldoolin.ie

Donal Minihane

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (77)
dublin ireland
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This one of the best hotels I have been to in Ireland , and I have been to many as from the moment we arrived ( 2nd May ) we were firstly greeted by a very nice receptionist who not only showed us personally to our room but all so offered a lovey glass of punch and some lovely cupcakes to take to our room which I think is a very nice welcoming touch . When we arrived to our room we found it to be perfect in every way beautifully and tastefully decorated and exceptionally clean. What a great start to our mini break !!! We went to the bar and were given a glass of their specially brewed beer on the house it was excellent and just when I thought it couldn't get any better here I was wrong !! The food was top class both breakfast and dinner . We had our meal in the bar and I have to say it was top restaurant quality !!! The staff are brilliant and go the extra mile to make your stay wonderful in every way especially all the girls in the reception they are the best I have ever encountered and could teach 5 star hotels how to welcome guests !!!!! So thank you girls and all the staff in the hotel and the wonderful chefs !!! I am will be back for sure and highly recommend this hotel to anyone !!! It's truly a amazing hotel ,,, keep up the good work

Room Tip: Lovely rooms over looking a nice court yard
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank chesney123
Dear Chesney123,

Thank you for your very positive review of our property. I am delighted that you enjoyed your mini-break and found our hotel to be one of the best that you have been to in Ireland.
The girls in reception will be very pleased with your comments, I will pass on to them that you though them to be the best you have encountered and of course to the chefs that the food was top class.

Please do not hesitate to contact me when returning to Doolin.

Slan go foill
Cork, Ireland
Reviewed April 30, 2013

We really enjoyed our stay in this hotel. There were a number of little, unexpected touches during our stay. The cupcakes and punch on reception, and the complimentary brown bread on checkout were really nice touches. The staff were all friendly and access the tourist bureau was great too. The rooms were a good size and well kitted out.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank BNM79
Dear BMartin79,

Thank you for your review on our property. I am pleased that you really enjoyed your stay with us. It is great to see that our little touches like cupcakes and punch on arrival and brown bread on departure are going down a treat!

Blandford Forum, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Being in a rather remote area, I was pleasantly surprised to see what a modern and upscale place this hotel turned out to be. The staff couldn't have been more friendly or responsive, and even sent me off to my room with a small box of freshly baked cupcakes! The room was spacious, quiet, and had all of the amenities that I would expect. My only small quibble would be that there is little to no WiFi reception in the rooms (as I asked other guests as well). Not a huge deal if you are there for pleasure, but many of us depend on connectivity in today's world.

The breakfast was good, and I ate at the connected bar both nights of my stay, which was just fine. Nice staff there as well. I would definitely go back to this hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank Buzzerfly
Dear Buzzerfly

Thank you for your review on Hotel Doolin. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff to be friendly.
Thank you for bringing the poor wifi signal to our attention. We have since fixed the problem so that a strong wifi signal can be enjoyed throughout the bedrooms and hotel.

Please do not hesitate to contact me when returning to Doolin dminihane@hoteldoolin.ie

Dublin
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have stayed here now on two occasions and each time has been exceptional. Clearly the location is amazing Doolin is one of Ireland's most magical places and the entire west coast of Clare is spectacular - Cliffs Of Moher, The Burren etc. The hotel offers genuine hospitality in a warm, cosy, clean and well maintained environment. The staff are very professional, knowledgeable and always helpful with any and all requests. The Manager is an highly intelligent man with excellent local knowledge and advise on what to do and where to spend your time. They have remodeled the bar and its a real achievement that they have managed to pull off the true Irish pub feeling in a great hotel - not so easily done but they have managed to. Well done to all at Hotel Doolin. Now being in such a nicely tucked away local one would really hope the food would be enjoyable - The fact is that the food is worth the trip alone great breakfasts and meals in the Bar & Restaurant are genuinely fantastic. Keep up the great work you are the epitome of Irish Hospitality

Room Tip: polled swimming pool & fitness centre by accident they don't have one but their is a small p...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank undreamedshores
Dear undreamedshores,

Thank you for your recent review and very generous compliments. Our staff work hard to ensure that each guest has a memorable experience, having obtained the Failte Ireland Service Excellent Award in 2011. They will be delighted to know that you found them professional, knowledgeable and helpful.
I am pleased that you enjoyed your meals in both Fitz's Bar & Chervil Restaurant. Our ingredients are sourced locally and we use our own herbs and veg from our polytunnel were possible.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if returning to the area dminihane@hoteldoolin.ie

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We read the reviews here on Tripadvisor and it was definitely a big influence in why we booked. I phoned to make a reservation for a family of 2 adults and 3 children over the Easter break. Unfortunately they could not accommodate that number in one family room. But fortunately they offered us a full cottage next door, and we were able to have our usual meals in the hotel (20 yards walk). It was fantastic! No way we'd be able to stay in a family room again after the comforts of a full cottage. The staff were especially friendly and attentive ... even small extra little things that the kids were given at breakfast (no charge) went a long way. Food was excellent, and the Dooliner bar was really warm and inviting. It's a great place to base yourself in order to see Aran islands, Ailwee cave, Cliffs of Moher & Lahinch. Then of course you have Doolin itself. We will return!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Taxco50
Dear Taxco50,

Thank you for your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay in our 3 bedroom cottage, located just beside our hotel, and found our Fitz's Bar warm and inviting with excellent food.
We have just launched our new Summer menu so it is good to get feedback!
I will pass on to the staff that you found them friendly and attentive.

Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Both myself and my partner just returned from a three day trip around Ireland and had a really pleasant stay at the Hotel Doolin. The hotel itself is ideally located just a few minutes walk from the Cliffs of Moher The room was clean and bright and excellent value for money considering the location. I personally found the staff to be extremely helpful and always willing to assist with planning outings and with recommendations. The breakfast was the reall high point of our stay and has a reall 5* feel in its quality and choice. All in all I could not recommend this hotel more if you are planning a few days break with your partner in ireland. A real gem.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank joec62
Donal M, General Manager at Hotel Doolin, responded to this review, May 2, 2013
Dear joec62

Thank you for recommending Hotel Doolin. I am delighted that you had a really pleasant stay with us, finding our rooms clean and bright and our staff extremely helpful.
Thank you for mentioning breakfast as a highlight of your stay, our breakfasts are made fresh to order using only the best ingredients from our local suppliers.

Donal Minihane
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doolin
Ballinalacken Castle Country House
Cliffs of Moher Hotel
Cliffs of Moher Hotel
#1 of 1 in Liscannor
Flannery's Hotel Galway

Been to Hotel Doolin? Share your experiences!