“Best Hen Party Ever x”

Hotel Doolin
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Doolin
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Hi To all the brilliant Staff @ Doolin Hotel. Myself and a gang of great girls stayed with you the Easter Bank Holiday weekend. We were treated so well from the moment we stepped into Reception until we left the next morning. The Staff couldn't do enough for us even at 4 in the morning. The food was out of this world. I will be 100% returning to this hotel. From DJ

1  Thank DJ_DOM_13
Donal M, General Manager at Hotel Doolin, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Dear DJ_DOM_13,

Thank you for your review on our hotel. I am pleased to see that you had a great Easter Bank Holiday Weekend and found our food out of this world! The staff will be delighted to hear your comments.

Please do not hesitate to contact me when returning to the area dminihane@hoteldoolin.ie

There are newer reviews for Hotel Doolin

Reviewed April 1, 2013

We stayed here on Easter week-end . I can't recommend this hotel enough. From the minute we stepped inside the door we felt the genuine warmth of the place. The lovely girl on reception made us feel really welcome , she guided us to our room and furnised us with yummy cupcakes to boot ! . It is a small boutique hotel , very tastefully decorated . What makes it stand out from all the rest is the subtle little touches which make an enormous difference . Punch served at reception, cupcakes, cozy bathrobes, an option of a seaweed bath , filtered bottled water in bedrooms ,magazines to mention a few. Also the reception area is candle lit at night with lovely soft music ,the attention to detail is very impressive. Our room was cozy and spotlessly clean . The food in Fitz's bar is very nice, I had beautiful fresh fish and hubby had a delicious steak , both cooked to perfection and delicious . The breakfast menu is also very impressive with a huge choice . There was excellent music in the bar also on both nights that we were there. There's really no need to move anywhere else after dinner, just settle down for the night and chill.
The staff in both the hotel and bar were excellent. They just couldn't do enough for you ,nothing was too much trouble and they did it all with a genuine warm smile, they are the Hotel's biggest asset of all !!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank annbrowe

Dear annbrowe

Thank you for your excellent review of Hotel Doolin. I am delighted that you enjoyed the small little touches that we have added to improve our guests stay with us, including cupcakes & punch on arrival, seaweed bath in the rooms and our own bottled water!!
I will make sure to highlight your compliments to our chefs, the fresh fish and delicious steak that you enjoyed are both sourced locally and we use our own herbs and veg from our polytunnel were possible.
The staff in Hotel Doolin are most definitely our biggest asset and I will pass on your good comments to them!!

Please do not hesitate to contact me when returning to Hotel Doolin dminihane@hoteldoolin.ie

Reviewed April 1, 2013

A group of hens and I spent a night in Hotel Doolin recently. I wanted to write this review to express our gratitude to the wonderful staff, especially Maxine, Miley, Michael and Darren who couldn't have been more accommodating and helpful. Miley offered to organise music in the bar for us and Darren cooked up a storm at 3am!! No request for too big. We had a beautiful meal in the hotel restaurant, breakfast was lovely and the rooms were spacious and very clean. Thank you Hotel Doolin, Keep up the great work, we'll be back!

1  Thank 570Regina

Dear 570Regina,

Thank you for your review of our property. Maxine, Miley, Michael & Daire will be delighted with your comments on their accommodating & helpful service.
I will make sure that the chef knows that you enjoyed a beautiful meal in our Chervil Restaurant.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if returning to Hotel Doolin dminihane@hoteldoolin.ie

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Stayed here in February, the hotel, indeed the whole village was quiet but we enjoyed our stay. A little disapointed not to find music anywhere but it was the dead of February!!! My room was spotless and the bed was very comfy... Liked that you could have your own seaweed bath if you wanted. The barman and receptionist that we met were lovely and went out of their way to look after us. I hope to return soon. :)

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank clooneriver

Dear clooneriver,

Thank you for your review of Hotel Doolin. It is good to see that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and found your room soptless and very comfy and our staff helpful.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if returning to Doolin dminihane@hoteldoolin.ie

Slan go foill

Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

We had a late check in, which was no problem since the desk is staffed 24/7. We were greeted with a rum punch drink and a fresh muffin for each of us to enjoy in the room. Unlike a bnb, they don't turn off the heat in the room at night, so our room was nice and toasty after a walk around the town.
We ate at the Fitz Bar, which is the one of the hotel's bars. They have the best selection of Irish craft beer in Doolin, including The Doolner, an Irish red ale made especially for them by White Gypsy Brewery. If you stay at the hotel, you will get a voucher for a free glass of the Dooliner. They also carry all O'Hara's, Dungarvan Brewing, and 8 Degree Brewing beers in bottle. You can't go wrong with eating here before setting out on a pub crawl. After the Fitz Bar closes, they open the the Atria Bar for guests of the hotel only to continue enjoy their time in Doolin.
I visit Ireland every year and usually like to stay in different places, but now i will visit the Hotel Doolin every time.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank HorstDraper
Donal M, General Manager at Hotel Doolin, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2013

Dear HorstDraper,

Thank you for your recent review on our property. I am delighted that you had a good stay with us enjoying our cupcakes and complimentary drink on arrival and your meal in Fitz's Bar.
Our Dooliner Beer is a creamy, smooth traditional Irish red ale made from all Irish natural ingredients, as we came up with the recipe ourselves, it is good to hear that it is going down well!

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally when returning to Hotel Doolin dminihane@hoteldoolin.ie

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Doolin for two nights. It was a huge waste of my time and I wish I had planned differently. I allowed the hotel to set up all of my adventures, but they confused my arrival dates so I spent two days in my room watching t.v. One may ask if they were sorry or did they try to make it right??? No way!
I ventured out several times to walk the town, yet only one or two stores were open. I then decided to try out the pubs. However, the two pubs that were open were overflowing with people from tour buses. I walked in and walked out.
More about the hotel, it's the quality of a Holiday Inn. If you need extra towels, expect them the next day. The beds were very hard and I could feel the springs. The location is good, partially because Doolin is so small. The only two positives for the hotel was the hotel restaurant and the free bread you get when you leave.
Conclusion, it was very disappointing and by far the worst part of my Ireland trip.

8  Thank Robin S
Donal M, General Manager at Hotel Doolin, responded to this reviewResponded March 30, 2013

Dear Robin,

I was very disappointed to see that you didn't enjoy your time in Doolin. I have went through your review in detail with all staff members that you came in contact with during your stay. I have also reviewed all email correspondence that occurred between you and the hotel. You were booked on the 'Best of the West' package which included a guided walk from Doolin to the Cliffs of Moher, a visit to Father Ted's House and entrance tickets to the visitor centre at the Cliffs of Moher. In your email dated the 8th of March you requested that we cancel the trip to Fr. Ted's house as you were not familiar with the Fr. Ted TV programme. Instead we booked you on a boat trip to the Aran Islands. On the day of the trip you weren't feeling well and your mother went to the islands while you stayed in your room. At no stage did we mix up your arrival or reservations dates.
I was very sorry to see that you were left waiting for towels, I have discussed this issue with our housekeeping and reception teams to ensure this does not happen again. Here at Hotel Doolin we do our very best to ensure that each and every guest has a wonderful time in Doolin so that they go home with great memories and hopefully return again. I sincerely apologise that this was not the case with your visit. I would very much appreciate it if you would email me directly at dminhane@hoteldoolin.ie if you would like to discuss your stay further.

Slan go foill

Reviewed March 20, 2013

It was freezing when we arrived at the hotel having just walked the Cliffs of Moher. Hot mulled wine awaited us in the lobby as we checked in. The room was super clean and comfortable. Hotel pub was great with fire burning in the grate. Walked to McGann's pub for dinner to watch a soccer match on Sky TV. Extremely nice and great value. (free parking and breakfast included!) Would highly recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: It's a quiet location. All rooms should be good.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank 2wego
Donal M, General Manager at Hotel Doolin, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2013

Dear 2wego,

Thank you for your recent review of our hotel and for highly recommending us. It is great to see that you enjoyed your mulled wine on arrival and found our rooms clean and comfortable after your day on the new Cliffs of Moher walkway.

Donal Minihane

Also consider these accommodations in or near Doolin
Ballinalacken Castle Country House
Clybaun Hotel
Clybaun Hotel
#6 of 46 in Galway
Lahinch Golf & Leisure Hotel

Been to Hotel Doolin? Share your experiences!