“Great experience in Doolin”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Doolin
Emohruo Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #7 of 53 Doolin B&B and Inns
Llinars, Catalonia, Spain
“Great experience in Doolin”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2013

Last week, my daughters and I stood in Doolin, in Emohruo Bed and Breakfast. We enjoyed the experience very much. The house was nice and very cosy, the landscape beautiful. Cliffs of Moher are so amazing! We took lots of pictures from Doolin's pier at the sunset.
Margaret is a very charming woman. She made us feel at home. She talked to my daughters and gave them advice to improve their English. The breakfast was excellent, with many things to choose. I had my first Irish breakfast there. It was great!

Room Tip: As we were three people travelling, we contacted Margaret via email first. So we could choose a room...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Hebrew first
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

We only stayed here one night, but I wish we could have stayed longer. Our room was one of the nicest we had during our trip. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was well-equipped. Margaret was wonderful! She welcomed us with tea/coffee and freshly-baked scones when we arrived and cooked us a made-to-order Irish breakfast the following day. The location is excellent-- about a mile north of the Cliffs of Moher and a couple of miles to Doolen. We also enjoyed meeting Shannon, the family's golden retriever.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Silver Spring, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

My wife and I were in Doolin two weeks ago and stayed at Emohruo for two nights... what a gift and what a wonderful person MArgaret Carey is to those fortunate enough to meet her and stay at her B and B. A work ethic and personality second to none. The owners at B and B can make or break the experience- some as the case here transcend. We just enjoyed meeting and talking to Margaret about a host of topics. Her advice was very helpful- we told her our interests and the tiem we had- where we were going next and she advised us as a wise friend. No you are not right in the center of the Doolin action- but that to me is a plus- it can get wacky during tourist peak times- it was nice to get away from it all and have a good nights sleep and a wonderful, wonderful host. That is what it is all about- the peopel you meet and the connections made heart to heart. Bravo to Margaret Carey... keep on keepin on. Jay Marciano Maryland US

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
SE PA, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Margaret was warm and welcoming. We got in late, and left relatively early the next day, but her traditional Irish breakfast was the best of our 10 day trip. Accommodations were sparse, but adequate and the room we stayed in gave us a lovely view of the mare and her colt as they frolicked about the pasture.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

I just returned from a ten-day road trip through Ireland with my mother; Margaret's place was the first stop on our itinerary, as we had planned to see the Cliffs of Moher. Though the accommodations are quite basic (no box-springs on the beds, 1/3 roll of toilet paper), Margaret was a lovely host. Sweet and helpful and terrifically welcoming after a long overnight flight. An older couple staying at the B&B the same we were got in accident and were all shook up, but we saw Margaret and her husband take great care of them, even driving them back to Shannon to pick up a new rental car. Best of all: Her breakfast. It was tremendous—the best we had throughout the entire trip. If you're headed to the Cliffs of Moher, this is a solid bet.

Room Tip: Bring an extra roll of toilet paper.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank gadfly123
Emohruo, Owner at Emohruo Bed and Breakfast, responded to this review, July 25, 2013
Thank you so much for your kind words, and I really appreciate the time you have taken to review our home. We are always delighted to extend a warm Emohruo welcome to all our guests and indeed to help guests to our home in any way we can.

I trust that even without box spring in the beds you had a comfortable rest that night, as all of our beds are orthopaedic. And what a pity you didn’t mention that we had overlooked refilling the toilet roll during room servicing prior to your arrival – we were home all day that day and would of course have been delighted to have given you more toilet roll if you had brought it to my attention at the time.

I am delighted that you enjoyed breakfast and thought so highly of my home cooking, I really enjoy it and it is very rewarding to me to hear such good reports!

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your holiday, and would be happy to welcome you back to Emohruo any time in the future.
Kind regards,
Margaret Carey
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2013

My wife and I just spent 4 weeks touring Ireland and a bit of Scotland for our honeymoon, and we agree that the two nights we spent at Emohruo were the best of all our B&B experiences. Margaret was a great hostess and a fantastic cook -- her homemade scones (oh, the smell of them baking!) were a real treat, and her breakfasts will keep you going all day. She also made the best coffee we had in Ireland. Highly recommended! We look forward to future visits.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Galway, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2013

I'm Irish and this is exactly the kind of B&B that I would recommend to a friend visiting the West Clare/ Doolin area because it is a 'home from home' and informal tourist info and advice centre rolled into one! Margaret gave me a hearty welcome, a great personal service, local info and generous practical help that I would normally only expect from family. Small things can mean a lot when you're travelling on your own and this is genuine Irish hospitality as its best!

Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Doolin
Ballinalacken Castle Country House
Cliffs of Moher Hotel
Cliffs of Moher Hotel
#1 of 1 in Liscannor
Cahermaclanchy House B&B

Been to Emohruo Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!