“Our favorite of Ireland”
Review of Doolin Cliff Walk

Doolin Cliff Walk
Ranked #1 of 6 Tours in Doolin
Reviewed August 18, 2013

By far, our favorite thing to do in Ireland! I joined Pat Sweeney's walk from Doolin along the most spectacular cliffs while my husband rested from the previous day of driving. I had such a wonderful time, I talked my husband, daughter and two others into going the next day. This was the highlight of our trip! Since we hike a lot in Alaska, we were glad to be outside with Pat who is a super fun and enthusiastic local farmer. He shared stories and inspired us to pursue our dreams and goals. It was like walking with a friend. We could have walked the trail on our own but then we wouldn't have heard the personal stories. We recommend staying at least two nights in Doolin in order to enjoy the area including dinner at a pub with live sessions. Much success to you Pat as you share this treasured place you live!

1  Thank Deb L

Reviewed August 6, 2013

We did this walk on our own and we were just swept away by the absolutely spectacular views we encountered We had visited this region numerous times and had walked parts of the walk as far as we could at the time but the path is well laid out now and easy to navigate The only part we went a bit astray was coming up to the visitor center area You should walk straight up the field to the road and then there is another path leading back towards the cliffs which will bring you up to the Cliffs of Moher which was extremely busy but still fantastic We continued the walk right along towards Liscannor and visited The Rock Shop before returning If you are in this area I would HIGHLY recommend this walk I dont think anything can compare to it

Reviewed August 4, 2013

Met up wit Pat Sweeney for the walk from Doolin to the Cliffs. It was the best day of our 10 days in Ireland. Pat is an amazing man with a great passion for his land and the Cliffs. It was a great time and I wholeheartedly recommend this hike. Thanks Pat!

1  Thank Tracey S
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Guide Patrick Sweeney is a 6th generation Doolin farmer and the most interesting and inspiring man we met on our travels throughout Ireland. The 3 hour hike from Doolin to the Cliffs of Mohr is breathtaking and was the highlight of our self-guided B&B tour of Ireland. We were fortunate enough to have selected Pat and Mary's Doonagore Farmhouse for our 2-day stay in County Clare which is how I came to learn about the tour. My family and I cannot recommend it highly enough because the views are incredible but really Patrick is the star. A local farmer who spearheaded the creation of this walking path, he offers both a historical and personal history of the area that is unmatched by any tour that I have ever been on. He is passionate and inspiring- his personal story about how he was able to create this walking path against long odds and many doubters is interspersed with stories about region's local history, his family history, and his plans for the future. The tour takes you through the outskirts of about 40 farms, including his own, and can be taken by anyone in reasonably good health, ends at the Cliffs of Mohr where buses can be taken back to Doolin.

1  Thank BilltyDeLyon
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We were fortunate to connect with Patrick Sweeney, a local farmer in the Town of Doolin, County Clare for a unique three hour walk along the Cliffs of Mohr. The views are breathtaking to say the least but it was Patrick who made the experience unforgettable. One of 30 farmers along the Cliffs, he is not only knowledge about the local history but also very passionate and proud of being instrumental in achieving his dream – a walking path along the Cliffs to greatly enrich every visitor’s experience. Patrick definitely enriched our experience and made the walk one of the highlights of our travels around Ireland.

1  Thank deanottawacanada