Sea View House Doolin
Hotel Doolin(Doolin)
No availability for your dates from our partners
King Thomond Hotel(Lisdoonvarna)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsfrittataaran islandsduck eggsitting roomfresh eggsother guestsporridgehill overlookingher husbandwonderful hostsperfect locationgus o'connor's pubfisher streetmade us feellovely homeyogurtshort walk
Reviewed March 30, 2013

I was very fortunate to stay at the Sea View House for one night last week. I had arranged to meet a friend at The Cliffs of Moher and had googled hotels near the cliffs, and Sea View House was one of my choices. I skimmed over the first 100 reviews ( there was not a bad one in the bunch) and looked at pictures and the website and decided this would be a charming place to stay.
Niall and Darra ( the owners) were great, the house is beautiful, the view is amazing, the rooms are cozy and I LOVED the extra lights on the mirror....perfect for us southern girls that need some extra light for our make-up ;)
The peat fire was going when we arrived and smelled so inviting and welcoming, you almost don't even want to leave the house. There is a great pub in walking distance, like 3 minutes, called Gus O'Connor's. Really good food, great live music and good craic.
The breakfast is not to be missed at Sea View House. I had the French toast and I highly recommend it. The poached pears and peaches in vanilla and Niall's mom's homemade raspberry jam...I could make myself sick on it. Such a beautiful presentation and really delicious...all of it.
Darra is really sweet and you feel like she is one of your best girlfriends. You just want to stay and talk to her or go shopping with her. She's great!
I would recommend the Sea View House to anyone and I will be staying here again myself. Great value and overall an amazing experience. Oh! Great location for the Cliffs of Moher too.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
Seaview-Doolin, Owner at Sea View House Doolin, responded to this reviewResponded April 2, 2013

Thank you taking the time to post your review and for recommending us.
It is nice to read that your were happy with your decision to stay with us here at The Sea View House.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our breakfast most of which we produce our selves.
We poach all our own fruits , bake all our own breads and make all our own yoghurt.
The eggs for your French toast come from our chickens across the road.

Looking forward to meeting you again on your next trip.

Reviewed March 27, 2013

We spent a week in Doolin and could have stayed longer! Dara and Niall welcomed us like family and went out of their way to answer our questions, point out interesting places to see, pubs, special places to eat such as Fabiola's and so, so much more. The breakfasts were wonderful and full of interesting conversation with folks from all over the world of all ages. The view from the living area is incredible for watching the day begin or end over the sea. The weather may have been at its worst this March, but Sea View House is the best!
Stay there and you will also never want to leave.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Laura,

Thank you for posting your review.
It was a pleasure to welcome you both into or home and we very much enjoyed your company for the week you spent with us.

Thank you also for your kind words about our breakfast.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Great place to stay. Very friendly, quite, and clean! Dara & Niall will make you feel right at home from the second you arrive. They go out of their way to help you out. We did not want to leave! No plans no problem just ask either one and you will discover there is more to do in the local area than what you would think.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 12, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I recently spent three days in Doolin. We loved staying at Seaview. Darra was the most helpful, welcoming host who gave us the best places to go with easy directions. She also makes the best homemade yoghurt. We looked forward to breakfast every morning. Cannot say enough about this place. Just loved our stay in Doolin.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Kuhllikethat
Seaview-Doolin, Manager at Sea View House Doolin, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Just a short note to say thank your very much for the lovely comments you have made.
We are happy to read that you looked forward to our breakfast every morning.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in the future..

Reviewed March 7, 2013

I will let my wife write her own review and share her thoughts and ideas but here is mine.

What a great place to stay; rarely do you find a place to stay that offers everything. View, hospitality, great food and a comfortable bed. From the moment we arrived we were greeted by Luci (the dog) and we were made to feel at home, part of the family and treated to Irish love and culture. Anything we needed was provided to include our privacy. Hard to find a place that doesn't push their agenda but we were offered a brief outline of the area and allowed to explore at will. We used many of the suggestions offered and were treated by sunny visits to the cliffs of Moher, great food at the pub and a beautiful wak on the beach. We spent two weeks in Ireland and the two night here were the frosting on the cupcake. I can't wait to return, enjoy the fantastic breakfast, sit and enjoy the views and listen to the local stories. Thank you for sharing your lives with my wife Alison and I.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Seaview-Doolin, Owner at Sea View House Doolin, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2013

Dear Jon,
Amongst all the wonderful comments you have made about us and for which we must thank you for, your comment about our hospitality is very welcome. For us running a bed and breakfast is all about being helpful to the best of our ability so that our guests can enjoy the very best that Doolin and the surrounding area have to offer.
On that note, we look forward to welcoming you back and chatting over breakfast again.