“No better place!”
Review of Daly's House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Doolin
Daly's House
Ranked #1 of 56 Doolin B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 20, 2014

After just coming back from a 4 night stay at Daly's, I can say that I have never received the level of hospitality and kindness we experienced with Susan.

Just a short stroll to the small village of Doolin, Daly's makes a perfect place to unwind after a day of sightseeing at the Cliffs of Moher or the Burren. The common rooms are wonderful with a roaring fire always greeting us upon our return.

The rooms are lovely, with updated baths and the beds were comfy. Plenty of towels and toiletries make you feel right at home. Each room also has a TV and the entire place is wired for wifi which works flawlessly.

Having stayed at B&Bs for over 30 years, I have never had breakfast like Susan and her sister Terry serve every morning! There are three areas for dining, one in an all glass conservatory. You actually get a menu of breakfast choices (never seen that in a B&B) and there is a large selection of cold items like fresh fruits, yogurts and cereal. The Full Irish is a must. Susan's husband makes all the baked goods from scratch too!

But the real gem of Daly's is Susan Daly. She is just wonderful and is full of great information to help you find the perfect destinations around Doolin and its environs. She is caring, cheerful and downright funny and will make you feel like you are staying in her home.

No need to look anywhere else in Doolin. There's a reason Daly's is ranked #1. It's simply superb.

Room Tip: They are all grand!
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank AdamWright413
There are newer reviews for Daly's House

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed in Daly's with friends at the end of March and found the place to be so warm and welcoming. Parking was easy, WiFi was a snap to sign onto and the rooms were bright and clean. The breakfasts were made to order and the quality of the food was beautiful, fresh and delicious. There were loads of choices to satisfy everyone. I never did find the pool or the fitness center ; ) but I did find Gus O'Connor's pub at the bottom of the hill. Each room is given a flashlight (torch) to use on the trip home up the hill in the dark of night. Thanks Susan for a lovely time and I look forward to my next trip with a now mandatory stop in Doolin.

Room Tip: All rooms are good rooms and unlike a lot of BBs you can a king bedded room upon request.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Lori M
Reviewed April 4, 2014

There is a reason why Susan Daly's B & B is ranked #1 in Doolin - it's fantastic, and Susan is fun, generous, and kind. She's a 6th generation Doolinite, and she knows everyone. Our rooms were lovely (I was there w/ my husband and my parents) - we all slept well (which is saying something b/c I'm a light sleeper!). The sitting area available for guests is delightful. Breakfasts were fantastic, and Susan was gracious in some many ways - from offering to put my wet clothing in the dryer after I went for a hike in the rain, to "chasing down" the bus to Galway after the driver didn't stop to pick us up, I couldn't ask for a better host. I think it's a great location for all ages, too - my parents are in their 70s and they loved it; my husband and I loved it; and a family w/ young kids were staying there, too, and they seemed happy as can be. I absolutely like we got our money's worth at the Daly House.

Room Tip: No tips needed - each room is beautiful!
Reviewed April 2, 2014

This place is wonderful! Susan is an absolute gem. She is so kind and helpful and goes above and beyond to make you feel right at home. We were welcomed by her famous ginger snap cookies and Bailey’s Coffee and it was the perfect start to our time staying in Doolin. Our room was cute and very comfortable and had a great view of the Cliffs of Moher. Susan had wonderful recommendations for dinner and traditional local music both nights that we were there (O’Connor’s & McGann’s) and we really enjoyed both. We visited the cliffs and also walked around town and in the local back roads through fields of cows, sheep and horses. It was a magical little town and Daly's is the perfect place to stay. Every morning we enjoyed her delicious breakfasts with many options, all of which were fantastic!
My husband and I highly recommend this B&B!

Reviewed March 31, 2014

We stayed two nights at Daly's House in Doolin on our Ireland vacation. Doolin was the highlight of our trip. Susan was a wonderful hostess. She made us feel very welcome, gave great recommendations, and served wonderful breakfasts! We really enjoyed talking to her about Ireland and the Doolin area. The room we stayed in was small, but very comfortable. We would highly recommend visiting Doolin and staying at Daly's House!

Reviewed March 29, 2014

My husband and I had a wonderful time in Doolin and it was mostly due to our experience at Daly's House. Susan was an incredible host, very attentive to our needs and full of knowledge about things to see and do in Doolin. Upon our arrival, she offered to dry our clothes after a rather wet visit to the Cliffs of Moher and presented us with ginger cookies and coffee with Bailey's to warm us up. Our room was beautifully decorated, bright, spacious, and clean. Breakfast was delicious. French toast was such a welcome change after a week of full Irish breakfasts! This was by far the nicest place we experienced throughout our travels in Ireland, and it is very reasonably priced. I highly recommend it!

Reviewed March 26, 2014

If you're visiting the Cliff's of Moher, you should stay at Daly's House and eat at O'Connors pub. It was one of my favorite days of our entire Ireland trip. Susan is LOVELY. So welcoming and fun, just the perfect hostess. She brought us delicious drinks after we hiked the Cliff's and we chatted for some time which was such a highlight for us. Then we headed down to O'Connors pub which was wonderful as well. It's a short walk back home at night and then the breakfast in the morning is amazing! She also printed off directions for our day based on where we said we were going. It is a great experience and we love Doolin! And the Cliff's of Moher are BREATHTAKING!!!

Room Tip: All rooms are good. :)