All reviews continental breakfast bunk beds ensuite room family room the owner scones aran islands yogurt stay there again the location is perfect the pub porridge live music anthony dorm moher cliffs
Reviewed July 2, 2018

This hostel is fine, but there's nothing special about it. The website makes it out to be fantastic, but it wouldn't be my favourite. I checked in at the reception and got the key to the hostel building. There is a €5 key deposit which is returned upon departure. I stayed in the 12 bed dorm, which was comfortable. The beds were stable, and the room was laid out well. There is a light/ charger above each bed. There is also a cage under each bed for bags etc. It is big, about 1x1 metres and a quarter metre high. There was 2 shower rooms off my dorm (shower/ toilet/ sink/ mirror). There was only 1 hand towel in the shower room..? I wasn't given any information about towel rental when I checked in. I have stayed in other hostels of equal price and I got plenty information about towel rental when I checked in. Another thing I didn't like about the hostel is that there is no contact with the staff. The reception is in the 'Doolin Inn' building, therefore the staff stay there. In the hostel building, there is also a kitchen (Sink, cooker, fridge) where breakfast is served in the morning: Cereals, fruit, bread, juice. There is tea and coffee available all day, but there is no milk. The common area has several dining tables, 3 sofas around a stove and a TV. Summary: Average hostel at an average price.

Stayed: June 2018
DoolinHostel, Owner at Doolin Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2018

Thank you for your review and feedback and giving an accurate description. Thank you for the feedback on the towels, they are complimentary with private rooms and €1 rental for the dormitory. The hostel is budget accommodation and our reception desk is in our Doolin Inn building which is operated from 8am - 9pm so there is always somebody on hand to help, the distance is less than a corridor and flight of stair in many mid size hostels. And in the morning during breakfast there is an attendant from 7.45am-10am with the cleaning team there till mid afternoon.

We are a small hostel but with so much going on around Doolin to see and explore you will find very few if any guests staying in. With all the exploring of the Cliffs of Moher, Aran Islands, Burren, live music every night in all the pubs, rock climbing, surfing, sea kayaking, Horseriding and lots of hiking trails etc. to name but a few activities.

I understand the atmosphere is a lot quieter than most hostels due to the fact of so many things to do, but its nice to relax with a little peace and quite, before heading out to one of the lively pubs or going exploring.

Thanks for taking the time to tell us of your stay.
Best wishes
Anthony

Reviewed June 4, 2018

Cheap - 20 Euro on Hotels.com and I chose this for is proximity to the Cliffs of Moher. I was spending the sunset at the Cliffs, so this was ideally located only ~4 km away. The only thing is I probably would have liked to been able to check out earlier than 8 AM, but there is a 5 Euro deposit for the key, which I ended up trading for bottled water anyway. I was up at 5 AM ready to go lol, so I just kind of relaxed and planned out my day a bit.

Areas are clean, breakfast was nice and simple - continental style - I think you can get eggs, but I didn't - breads, juices, jams, cereal. There is a kitchen for use during certain hours. Staff is friendly.

1. Bring shower slippers aka flip flops - almost a given but still.
2. Bring a travel towel.
3. Pick your bunk out early put something non-valuable on your bunk perhaps.
4. Bring ear plugs if you're a light sleeper - half the room snored.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled solo
2  Thank ZakArn
DoolinHostel, Owner at Doolin Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2018

Thank you for your review and your advise for future travellers especially those who may not have hosteled before.
Much appreciated
Anthony and Deirdre

Reviewed May 22, 2018

I'm a little late on this review (2 yrs!) but we really enjoyed our stay here. Quaint hostel that was clean, simple that felt more like a hotel room. There was plenty of room for myself, husband and 3 boys. The road and view were so charming. My only complaint was the thin walls. Let's just say I am glad my 3 boys were sleeping and couldn't tell what was going on next door!

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed May 7, 2018

We had never stayed in a hostel before, but had heard great things so we thought we'd give it a try. We also liked that they are a family friendly location. Our family of 4 stayed in one of the private rooms with 4 bunks and an en suite bathroom. It was not a huge room, but with the lockers underneath the beds, the hanging hooks and chairs, we had just enough room. The bathroom was tiny, but spotless. The walls were a little thin, so we could hear people in the hallways and other rooms. The common area had a nice stove and was a pleasant place for our kids to catch up on some homework. The free continental breakfast was fairly basic: choice of breads, cereals, and yogurt with some toppings. They also served coffee, tea and juices. Parking is across the street at the Inn. It's within walking distance to the pier, a few restaurants and shops. The people who were staying at the hostel at the same time as us included couples, singles, and another family with a toddler. It was a nice mix of people--everyone was friendly, including the staff. The owner, also a parent, gave us some good suggestions of things to do with our children.

Stayed: May 2018, traveled with family
1  Thank NorthMIMom
Reviewed April 3, 2018

Five of us stayed on 30th March 2018.
Anthony and Deirdre are the perfect hosts and the rooms are beautifully decorated and furnished.Everything was so fresh and modern.
Close to the pubs and live music.
The breakfast was fantastic
Great value for money -Anthony and Deirdre deserve to do well because they have have an exceptional hotel

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
DoolinHostel, Owner at Doolin Hostel, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2018

Great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and much appreciate the top review.

Warmest regards