Flanagan's Village Hostel
$169
Agoda.com
Doolin House(Doolin)
$101
The Hydro Hotel(Lisdoonvarna)(Great Value!)
$100
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsthe ownerirish musicturfadvicepubs
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 20, 2012

This was my first hostel I have ever been to, and I was under the impression it would be an uncomfortable and dirty place, somewhere to sleep and nothing else, but I was very very wrong. My friend and I stayed here for 2 nights at the very beginning of our trip (she is from England and I'm from the us) Gerald was very welcoming, ran us through the need-to-knows and left us to settle in. He was great with giving us directions to places and advice on the pubs and music scene. After reading the other reviews I realized that I was one of the fortunate since I got to here him playing music.

Everything was wonderfully cleaned (I'm a house cleaner in the states so I'm pretty picky). There is always coffee and tea available as well as a free light breakfast in the morning which is a huge plus!

Location was great as well! Very easy to find and close to everything! 3 pubs within 5 minutes walk (so no driving after!)

While we were staying here there was also a large group from Germany staying. The last night, and we all pretty much stayed in for the majority of the time and played card games, dinner, and then he gave some if us a quick dancing lesson.

Awesome experience which I will surely repeat! We left this morning and headed to Dublin, and I already miss the quiet relaxed atmosphere there.

I would recommend to friends and family ! I can't express how wonderful it was compared to what I expected.

(sorry for typos, I'm on a new phone but wanted to make sure I got this review posted)

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Emmnemms
Reviewed October 18, 2011

Was here for near a week in late April this year and found this a most convenient location to get right into the heart of Doolin's music (and experiencing The Burren in general - though a car is helpful for that). Gerald is a great host, generous and willing to facilitate - even refusing to charge for some of the breakfast supplies he provided. Tariff is very reasonable. Gerald is involved in the local music scene, including very much the Centre across the road. He's often too busy with chores to get going on his music, but just ask. Facilities are excellent - kitchen, common room, parking.
Jim, Australia

Room Tip: I had double private ensuite - excellent
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Jim R
Reviewed September 19, 2011

All around satisfactory accommodations and convenient location in Doolin. Was there for music and Buddy couldn't have been more helpful. Also full of advice on other local sights. Buddy, the owner, is a fascinating, friendly host and adds real local flavor to your stay. Great local pubs and music just down the street. We have great memories.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Deborah C
Reviewed August 4, 2011

Great little hostel in Doolin. Super friendly and helpful owner. Great rates. Full kitchen privileges with coffee, tea, breakfast cereals at no extra charge. Close to town and the bus stop.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Michelemas
Reviewed August 2, 2011

Stayed here for the August bank holiday weekend with a friend. Had booked a double, but got "upgraded" to a 4 bed dorm for no extra cost.

Gerard, the owner, is really helpful and really friendly. Couldn't do more for us, or anyone else there. Always on call. We heard he's a great man for a trad music session, but unfortuantely didn't get to see him in action.

Hostel is basic, but has everything you need. Nice common room and kitchen area.

Bedroom could do with a mirror and maybe a locker would be my only comments.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends