“A really fun way of exploring the West Coast of Ireland - Highly recommend it!”

The North Clare Sea Kayaking Tour Company
More attraction details
Owner description: Be Adventurous with North Clare Sea Kayaking! Come and experience all that County Clare has to offer with our fantastic guided sea kayaking tours along the stunning coastline of Ireland's Wild Atlantic Way as well as spectacular lakes within the County. Based in Doolin, just minutes from the Cliffs of Moher, we provide all necessary equipment for our tours, including top of the range Necky brand kayaks! Come and experience the amazing scenery and wildlife that County Clare has to offer!! So join us for a tour, experience isn't necessary but a sense of adventure is! Now offering Guided Mountain BIking Tours in the Burren - experience the Wild Atlantic Way and the Burren in a new way!
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Patrick was a really good instructor and kayaking guide. He clearly knows his stuff about the local wild-life and history. Myself and my partner went on a sea-kayaking tour of Ballyvaughan and although the weather was interchangeable we still had a great time. We did some challenging kayaking during the windy spells, but Patrick was super encouraging and didn’t push us too hard. We got a little nervous during the rainy / windy spells but Patrick made sure that we were always comfortable with what we were doing. I would recommend North Clare Sea Kayaking to anyone... it’s definitely worth it!!

4  Thank Maryam-London1
There are newer reviews for The North Clare Sea Kayaking Tour Company

Reviewed September 5, 2011

I went on the Ballyvaughan tour with Patrick. There's plenty to see as you navigate around the islands in the bay. The kayaks are very good, and Patrick's pre-trip instructions re the equipment, safety and techniques are excellent. As a novice looking to take up the sport Patrick gave me great advice on training, types of kayaks and what equipment to get. I would highly recommend North Clare Sea Kayaking to anyone who wants to get into kayaking.

1  Thank Limk1
Reviewed August 25, 2011

We had a very good kayak trip with Patrick on the Inchiquin Lake and Dromore River
I have been Kayaking since 1974 and I never touched that clear clean water in the Netherlands , my home country.

1  Thank ico j
Reviewed August 24, 2011

I took two trips with the North Clare Sea Kayaking company in August. Patrick our guide was so patient and knowledgable about the sea and the wildlife. We paddled on the first day in the harbour around Ballyvaughan. We saw seals, fish and lots of birds and the sea was like glass. Ideal for beginners.

The following week we headed to Seapoint in Quilty to paddle to Mutton Island with a few teenagers - again we were blessed with good sunny balmy weather and the trip was just beautiful

Highly recommended.

Mary Pandula
Doolin

3  Thank marypandula
Reviewed August 24, 2011

We had a great trip with Patrick when we were in Ireland. Since our group of four was made up entirely of beginners, Patrick suggested the trip from Ballyvaughan and he was very careful to select a day that the waters would be calm. We had a great time seeing the seals, lots of birds and a castle that would be almost impossible to find from the road. Patrick was knowledgeable, friendly and did a wonderful job of making the tour interesting for everyone. I highly recommend taking a sea trip if you make it to the west coast!

-Sheri