All reviews his wife johnny depp wonderful hosts next morning wealth of knowledge o'connors pub sun room great breakfast location is fantastic great advice a great stay great craic great conversation short walk old friends full irish breakfast traditional music
Reviewed October 9, 2017 via mobile

Nice clean comfortable rooms, pleasant friendly and helpful landlady and landlord, cracking and substantial breakfast. Sean is great craic and full of helpful local knowledge . Would certainly stay again

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 25, 2017

Stayed for 2 nights 9/4 and 9/5 with 3 friends and it was the perfect start to our Ireland vacation. Our host Sean was simply awesome and offered great conversation and recommendations on things to do. Breakfast was great to! I was a little weary about it but Sean convinced me and I had my first blood pudding and loved it! Our stay here definitely started off our trip on the right foot and I will definitely stay here again next time I visit!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed September 22, 2017

I stayed at Doll's house with my husband and parents back in August for 3 nights, and we did not ever want to leave! Sean and his wife were excellent hosts and felt like family!
First off, the location is excellent. Literally steps away from the majority of shops and restaurants in Doolin, and a short 5 - 10 minute walk to a few other pubs up the road. You can also walk to the pier from the B&B, though we were admittedly running late and decided to drive. However, the B&B is quiet and allows for a wonderful nights sleep (we even heard the Irish music from Gus O'Connors drifting through our window one evening - what a treat!!).
The rooms are perfect - comfortable bed, well decorated, nice bathroom, beautiful skylights that light up the room during the day and allow you a stunning view of the stars at night (when the weather cooperates).
Now to the best part - the people and a handsome gentleman named Johnny Depp! It's hard to put into words how fantastic Sean and his wife are - both were extremely welcoming and helpful, but more than that they took the time to really chat with us and get to know us and for us to get to know them. Sean is a wealth of stories and I wish I had half the energy that he has! He is a seasoned traveler who has been all around the world and had some really one of a kind experiences, but nothing compares to the pride he has in being an Irishman. It's beautiful to see. He helped us plan a day trip to the Burren and even took the time to write out a bunch of places for us to see on our next destinations (Galway and Belfast - Sean, thanks for the tip on the Crown Bar - STUNNING!).
I can't forget about the INCREDIBLE breakfast that Sean and his wife fixed each morning. You won't walk away hungry, that's for sure! My mom is a notoriously picky eater and a vegetarian, but Sean was gracious enough to share some of his personal jams and cheeses with her each morning.
Meeting Sean and his wife (and Johnny Depp - their handsome, sweet dog) was honestly the favorite part of my trip and I can only hope and pray that our paths cross again. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed September 16, 2017

This B&B is lovely, clean and comfortable. But that's what you expect when you book a room anywhere. What sets the Dolls Cottage apart are the host & hostess, the O'Connor's. Sean is a true Irish gentleman and a superb conversationalist. He is passionate about his country, it's history, geology, ecology and people. He is a great travel guide. If you want to know the best spots to visit, especially ones that most tourists will never see, just ask Sean. As a bonus, he sets a great breakfast table! Mrs. O'Connor is a lovely lady and an excellent cook.

Room tip: All the rooms are excellent.
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 11, 2017

Doll’s Cottage
Well, it’s a bit like being hosted by Doolin royalty isn’t it? Sean and his wife were great hosts. Sean’s years of experience in Doolin’s hospitality industry provides him with deep info on anything you’d like to do. Also, his knowledge of Shannon airport helped us immensely to stop worrying about that leg of the trip. Good cook too!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple