“Doolin is THE BEST!!!!”

and 1 more site!
Moloney House
Ranked #25 of 56 Doolin B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 14, 2011

This was by far our best experience in Ireland! Frank runs a great B&B and was very helpful in providing directions and recommendations. We felt very comfortable. One of the perks is you are within walking distance of the shops and O'Connors Pub which is a MUST! About a 10 minute drive to the Cliffs with a castle on the route - what great pictures we took!

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank ral210
There are newer reviews for Moloney House

Reviewed June 29, 2011

I loved staying at this perfect little B&B. Not only was the location perfect. Close to shops, pubs, the pier and points of interest like the Burren, Doolin Caves, and the Cliffs of Moher. But the atmosphere was perfect. Quiet and tranquil and the owner Frank is a fountain of information and advice. Breakfasts are of choice and there is an array of choices, not just your standard full irish for those of us who don't eat meat! :) I will defenately stay here again whenever I happen to be in the area!!

Room Tip: Ask for room #4. It's a gem!!!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank Nicblue
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We went out for my sister's wedding in April. Honestly, I would have remained at this bed and breakfast the duration of our stay had it been the choice, but we were traveling around the country. Frank was wonderful, very helpful and hospitable. He was very attentive to us and the rest of our party, even to the point of helping out with venue choices for my sister and husband to be. This BnB was a large contributing factor to the greatness of our stay in Doolin, Ireland!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank AEmberwing
Reviewed May 2, 2011

I was looking for a warm and comfortable place to stay when I arrived in Ireland and Doonmacfelim gave me that and so much more. It is centrally located to anything you may want to do in Doolin and just a short drive to the Cliffs of Moher and the Burren.The Ferry to the Aran Island is a walk away. Frank is the perfect Host and will be glad to answer any questions you may have.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed April 16, 2011

No trip to Doolin, Ireland would be complete without staying with Frank Moloney at Doonmacfelim House.
Host: Frank Moloney. Frank is one of the most gracious hosts we have ever encountered. Our trip to Doolin was centered around our daughter's wedding. During the "making reservation" process, we had many additions due to other family/friends deciding to attend. Frank took care of it all. When the plans for the wedding to take place on the Cliffs did not work out, Frank made some calls and was able to secure us a castle ruin owned by one of his friends. It was exactly what my daughter was looking for and as she put it, her "dream" wedding came true. Frank also introduced us to various pub options for dining and socializing and even met us there on various occasions - my adult children had a blast getting to know him. Frank started out as our host but ended up being a friend of the family! He was with us during our daughter's wedding and is included in the pictures!

Breakfast Meals: Best ever and a wide selection. Full Irish; Yogurt & cheese; Scrambled eggs and toast; Porridge; Smoked salmon. Prepared by Frank - Yum!

Rooms: Very clean and comfortable. In-room bathrooms.

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Dataherd_WaltB
Reviewed January 31, 2011

Six of us stayed at Doonmacfelim House and had the time of our lives. Frank was so friendly and my son (6) loved seeing his cows and farm. The rooms were comfortable, the location perfect and the atnosphere remarkable. The Doonmacfelim ruin in the backyard was amazing. We would go back again and again. This was my second trip to Doolin - we are from the United States.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2010

I felt like a special guest at Doonmacfelim House. Frank is so thoughtful and his breakfast is the best. The location is perfect - a short walk to the pier if you want to take a ferry to the Aran Islands or the Cliff's of Moher, and even closer walk to O'Connor's pub - my favorite pub in all of Ireland. I have stayed there twice during my first month in Ireland, and I hope to get back at least once or twice more before I head back to the states in December.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo