Dont know what the fuss is about, incredibly overrated. I was expecting to be wow'ed about this experience, instead it was a shabby, old, not cared for hotel livign past its glory days. Numerous little things gave way to an overpriced stay: broken lock, no clock in room, shappy old furniture, soaps that were as thin as a sheet of paper, tea service had not been cleaned so old water in the pticher, tea service also not refreshed so no coffee. Graent it one of these items is not a big deal, however, for the price you pay, to have a string of little issues, you are then overpaying fro your stay. I stayed fro one one and that was enough. I had stayed for 3 nights in another place in Doolin (Ballyvara) which was 1/2 the price and 3x the quality. The redeeming factor of the hotel is the views and quiet of its location. Declan of the hotel is wonderful, have him give you a tour of the Castle itself. Go there for dinner, not an overnight stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ballinalacken Castle Hotel Doolin is one of the leading Castle Hotels Ireland with views of Cliffs of Moher. This Clare Hotel has an award winning restaurant and is the best place to eat in Doolin. It would be difficult to find a more beautiful place on the West Coast of Ireland in which to wake up. The Ballinalacken has been described in the press as one of the finest located houses in Europe. Our guest rooms offer spectacular panoramic views of the Aran Islands, the Cliffs of Moher and Galway Bay. A 15th Century Castle ruin of the O'Brien Clan stands imposingly beside the Ballinalacken Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Ballinalacken Castle Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballinalacken Castle Country House Hotel Doolin
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Hotel
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Doolin