The Ballinalacken treated us very nicely for our 4-day stay with 3-year-old daughter. Cecilia is warm and friendly and very helpful. It's convenient to Doolin (which is fun, but not really charming) and the Burren, yet tucked away. The prairie surrounding the house is beautiful.
Very clean room, in the new part which might not have as much charm as the old. Still, nice view and amenities. There was a computer available to check email.
Great breakfasts and outstanding dinner--although they do push it, as another reviewer wrote. The apple tart and ice cream were unbelievable, especially for such a simple dessert.
For whatever the reason, a number of the staff are French, and they were a bit stiff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ballinalacken Castle Hotel Doolin is one of the leading Castle Hotels Ireland with views of Cliffs of Moher. This Clare Hotel has an award winning restaurant and is the best place to eat in Doolin. It would be difficult to find a more beautiful place on the West Coast of Ireland in which to wake up. The Ballinalacken has been described in the press as one of the finest located houses in Europe. Our guest rooms offer spectacular panoramic views of the Aran Islands, the Cliffs of Moher and Galway Bay. A 15th Century Castle ruin of the O'Brien Clan stands imposingly beside the Ballinalacken Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your Ballinalacken Castle Country House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ballinalacken Castle Country House Hotel Doolin
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Hotel
- Ballinalacken Castle Country Doolin