“Highlight of my visit to the Burren”

Doolin Garden and Nursery
Ranked #14 of 20 things to do in Doolin
More attraction details
Owner description: Contemporary garden of designer Matt O’ Connell with hidden sections or mini gardens, some of which are traditional. The garden surrounds an award winning house which was built in 1995 when the garden started. The variety of over 250 plants for sale in the nursery are propagated from plants in the garden so mature versions can be seen. All plants have been propagated outdoors and are totally hardy. Changes are being made to the garden all the time and due to the demand for shade loving plants a new shade section is in development to devote to these plants. Free admission. Donations to Doolin Rescue Service welcome.
Donegal Town, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of my visit to the Burren”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

A wonderfully kept garden. A gardener who loves what he does and inspires others. A wonderful selection of hardy plants that are the healthiest I've seen in a long time. Well worth the stop, was spoilt for for choice.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Rodney M
MattOConnell, Owner at Doolin Garden and Nursery, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Good Evening Rodney,
Sorry for the long delay in replying,Thank you for your great review and all the kind things you said about me and my plants. Very glad your visit was worthwhile and I hope all your purchases are doing well.Plants just love to escape their pots and get into the ground.You can almost hear their sigh of relief as they say "lets get the show on the road ".
Hope you visit again - have just started a little shade garden which is hidden under the Willow tree.
Enjoy the Autumn and lets hope the Winter will be better than the Summer.
Thanks again for your visit and your review.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A truly inspiring garden”
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We really enjoyed our time looking round this garden; Matt was so friendly and willing to share his knowledge with us. Our only sadness was the lack of space in the suitcase, as we were flying home, prevented us purchasing any plants!

1 Thank Valerie P
, Owner at Doolin Garden and Nursery, responded to this review, June 30, 2012
Good Evening,
Thank you for visiting my Garden and for writing your good review.
Glad you enjoyed your visit and hope you will return some time.Also hope you had a good journey home.10 oclock now and just finished after a very long day in garden and nursery.
Thanks again,
Matt.
Kinvara, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Inspiring garden with hardy plants for sale :-)”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I visited this garden on Saturday afternoon and really enjoyed wandering around looking at the lovely plants and getting great ideas. I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Matt and getting all the inside knowledge on the plants in his garden. I'm so happy to have found this place which is not too far from home. I bought some plants and can't wait to get them planted in my garden now. They are so big and healthy looking and it's great to know that they can look so good when grown outdoors in my area. Thanks Matt for the chat and the ideas. See you in a few weeks for the Russian Sage - can't wait :-)

1 Thank SMurphy_Kinvara
, Owner at Doolin Garden and Nursery, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Good Morning,
Thank you for taking the time in giving me such a great review.Definitely improved my status.
Glad you got some inspiration and am looking forward to your next visit.
Happy Gardening,
Kinvara, Ireland
“A must if you are in the area”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

I visited Matt's garden last weekend and was impressed - I really didn't expect to find such a great inspiration for my own garden - plus getting Matt's professional advise. I bought a couple of hardy plants - exactly what I needed. I'll definitely be back, this place is well worth a visit!

, Owner at Doolin Garden and Nursery, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Thank you for your review.
Hope the plants you bought from me do well.Keeping an eye on the Perovskia ( Russian Sage ) which will be ready to roll in a few weeks.
Hope weather improves,
Happy Gardening,
Dublin, Ireland
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Elegant garden in the heart of Doolin”
Reviewed May 6, 2012 via mobile

We made a trip to Matt's garden on the advice of a friend. We are keen gardeners and love visiting other gardens and gathering plants from around Ireland. The garden is really lovely and enjoys a stunning relationship to the natural Burren Landscape beyond. Matt was very friendly and also gave great recommendations of a local cafe with some of the best cake and pastry in Ireland and another local garden at Caher Bridge. All in all worth a trip for sure and we look forward to watching our new plants- all raised in Matts garden- thrive in their new home!