“A Real Doolin Gem”

Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2012

Whenever my husband, mum and I visit Doolin, we always stop at The Roadford House Restaurant in Doolin for a meal. Marian Sheedy is absolutely a gem, friendly and welcoming, and her husband, Frank, a fabulous chef. Anything we order, whether it be lamb, beef, salmon, scallops, are all excellently prepared and plentiful. This trip we had the salmon and scallops, just delicious. Frank really knows how to please people with his cooking. Can't say enough about it. The very colorful artwork by Morrison all around the restaurant is delightful, and the views over the countryside are beautiful, nice setting. After dinner, it's just a short stroll down the lane to McDermott's or McGann's pubs to listen to some great traditional music. Thanks a million, Marian and Frank. We'll be back soon, I hope!

1  Thank RosebudBrussels

Reviewed May 9, 2012

My wife and I were ecstactic that we stumbled upon this gem of a B&B/restaurant. The room was very modern, clean and tidy. The bed very comfortable and the shower extra large. There was very tasteful art work throughout and the distant view of the Cliffs of Moher was spectacular. The breakfast was excellent with very ample portions and a good variety. We enjoyed having our own table with views of the neighboring farm. Quite romantic. Our hostess Marian Sheedy was very helpful and a pleasure to chat with. Their place is within a short walk to McGann's Pub which hosts excellent live traditional Irish music. But best of all is the top notch adjoining restaurant . Chef Frank, Marian's husband, is a wizard with food. We thought we were dining in Manhattan.

Reviewed May 4, 2012

We were staying in Lahinch and took a short taxi ride to this restaurant and I can assure you it was more than worth it. The welcome was warm, the service was excellent and the food was to die for. When we were finished our hostess (Marian) ordered our taxi for the return trip while we enjoyed our after dinner drinks. Will definately go back

1  Thank Marie P
Reviewed April 30, 2012

just few adjectives .. delicious food, very friendly service, homely environment ! On trip to Cliff of Moher - best place to have a dinner with your loved-one ..

Reviewed April 28, 2012

I vist Doolin each year. It is, by far, my favorite tiny town in Ireland. And, for the past three years, I have returned to what has become my favorite restaurant.....the Roadford House.

First and foremost, the food is superb and the chef is an artist in its presentation. I can't find any room for improvement. I especially love their mushroom soup....absolutely delicious.

The atmosphere and service is impeccable. Marian, the owner hostess, is always friendly, helpful....and entertaining. This year was my brother-in-law's birthday so we planned ahead and asked if they would accommodate us with a cake for dessert. At the end of the meal, the Celtic music changed to a low-key version of Happy Birthday and in walked Marian with a beautiful cake with candles lit! And, I don't need to tell you that the cake was awesome - chocolate with a great mousse filling. Yummy!

As a special treat for dog-lovers, you get to greet a beautiful retriever named "Beans" on your way in or out of the restaurant - well-mannered and friendly. This was our faovrite dining experience while in Ireland. My advise is: Do not miss this special treat!