“Gorgeous meal in Doolin”

Roadford House Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 25 Restaurants in Doolin
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed November 9, 2011

My husband, mother and I enjoyed a superb meal at the Roadford House, Doolin, Ireland recently. I can't say enough about Frank's cooking and Marian's hospitality. The fish selections are always delicious, 2 of us had the scallops and black pudding and my husband had the beef, always perfect. You have a pretty setting there, also, looking out over the Doolin countryside. After your meal (and dessert, of course), you can walk it off down the lane to hear some traditional music in one of the pubs. Very convenient.

I highly recommend having a meal at the Roadford House. Thanks Marian and Frank.

2  Thank RosebudBrussels

Reviewed October 27, 2011

We stayed 2 nights in Doolin, which is a fantastic place. I hadn't been here in years and it was magical to come back again. The pubs are brilliant, great music, and gorgeous scenery.
One of the highlights was the fantastic meal at Roadford House Hotel. The food was delicious, and the owners are just so lovely, and treat everyone as if they are a long lost friend. There is a great menu to choose from, at very reasonable prices. You even have a nice view of the Cliffs of Moher in the distance.
Will we go back again - definitely. My wife always said Doolin is one of her favourite places in Ireland, and it's mine too. The Roadford Restaurant is another great reason to re-visit.

Reviewed October 16, 2011

This is one excellent restaurant...nice atmosphere, good service and terrific food. We loved it, and highly recommend it. Be sure to stop in at McGann's Pub just down the road...if you're lucky you'll hear the wonderful voice of Geraldine MacGowan who sings there regularly.

1  Thank Joseph L
Reviewed October 12, 2011

I read reviews for this restaurant before setting out for Doolin Co Clare.
when we arrived the place was full except for our table which we reserverd for 8 O Clock,
There was a table of 4 American couples and about 12 maybe on another from the Irish national teachers org ,INTO( I think), The rest of the tables were couples chatting away over there candle lit dinner, The atomsphere was delightful and then our starter arrived which was pork belly which was very nicely presented and garnished , The main course was amazing and I dont use the word to often , I had lamb cutlets cooked to perfection the veg was crunchy and not tired like in some in so called high class establishments my partner had a sea food selection of monkfish ,cod ,scallops , again tasted devine and wonderfully presented , We finished off with Bread and butter pudding and choclate cake with two very nice americanos , The whole experience was fantastic , I complimented the waitress on the service and food , her name was Marion who actually owns the place with her husband Frank (the chef) !
One other thing there is some fantastic artwork around the walls of the Roadford by a local artist called Philip Morrison which you can purchase if you like,
I would visit Clare again just to eat in the Roadford House.
If you get the chance treat yourself
Gerry , Leitrim

Reviewed September 24, 2011

This place is excellent! The food is really gourmet. In the two weeks that we spent in Ireland, this place had by far the best food.

1  Thank littleliver