Cullinan's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 25 Restaurants in Doolin
Cuisines: Irish
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Situated in the heart of Doolin, an idyllic setting overlooking the Aille River, Cullinan’s Guesthouse & Award winning restaurant is run by chef/owner James & his wife Carol. We offer 1st class accommodation in spacious rooms with flat screen tv’s, tea/coffee facilities, ensuite bathrooms, hairdryers, free car parking on site & free wifi throughout.Accredited Restaurants Association dining award, AA breakfast award, Michele Erdvig restaurant of the year, RAC dining award & 2 AA rosettes 2012/13. Also listed in many prestigious guidebooks such as Georgina Campbells 100 Best places to stay in Ireland 2012, Fodors, Frommers,Bridgestone Guides and top choice Lonely planet.Guests are advised to make dinner reservations prior to arrivalRestaurant open for dinner from 6.00 - 9.00pm Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday & SaturdayRestaurant not open for dinner from November to easter
Limerick, Ireland
Reviewed July 26, 2013

The crab meat starter was excellent as was the sea bass for mains. Really good and friendly service despite a full house. The house wine was pleasant. The overall cost was reasonable. Will go again soon !

Tel Aviv, Israel
“Cullinan's is a Superb Restaurant”
Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed at Cullinan's Guesthouse last week when we were in Doolin. The breakfast was scrumptious. And so we decided to have dinner there that night. Wow. The food was incredibly delicious. My husband had pepper crusted veal sirloin, and I had the grilled salmon fillet. And the side dishes were also great. The setting is lovely - an intimate diningroom that looks out over the creek. If you are in the Doolin area, be sure to reserve a dinner here.

Atlantic City, New Jersey
Reviewed July 20, 2013

We expected to have difficulty finding a gourmet type restaurant in Ireland, let alone Doolin. But we were extremely pleased with this place. Great service, small intimate seating arrangement, good wine selection and one of the best meals ever. fish was fresh, and side dishes also freshly prepared and very tasty. Dessert was excellent, too. Recommended for anyone traveling to see Cliffs of Moher and Doolin area

Boston
“Worthy of Escoffier”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

On our first night in Doolin, we had no plans for dinner--except to eat! We came upon Cullinan's and decided to give it a try--knowing nothing about it. I got a very good feeling from just walking in. Lovely decor, very welcoming. They were busy, but fortunately, they were able to fit us in without a reservation.

From the time we first sat down to the time we finished, everything about the food, the service, the atmosphere, the location, the setting sun--just divine. I had their green salad to start, which startled me it was so good. I mean--a memorable green salad? In this case, a resounding yes from the fresh ingredients to the delectable dressing--absolutely delicious. My husband had the crab appetizer--the dish that prompted his reference to Escoffier (He is a member, so knows the finest cuisine...).

He opted for fish and I got the scallops. For the first time in my life, I was served the whole scallop. Unbelievable. It was outstanding. My husband enjoyed two glasses of wine (I don't drink). Between the fresh bread, the appetizers, and the wholly satisfying entrees, we decided not to get dessert. Total with tip (yes, we tipped) was 129 USD--completely reasonable for the quality of the food. The service and atmosphere just added to the whole experience. Highly recommend. It was so good, it made me think that if I ever go back to Doolin, I'd have to avail myself of the accommodations just to see if they match the food. My guess is that they would...

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank restoresoundmoney
Modesto, California
“Birthday Breakfast at Cullinans'”
Reviewed July 4, 2013

My husband was treated to a wonderful breakfast on his 70th birthday, traditional Irish breakfast for him, pancakes for me. I've never tasted better coffee!! . Fresh strawberries in December on the coast of Ireland!!!!! Carol and James made us feel like we were part of something timeless and sweet! Listening to them play at the pub the night before was awesome!

The Murphys