All reviewsthe kitchenvillagehostelaxelsummertreasurewowalhambra
Reviewed April 25, 2015

This hostel is perfect in all areas and I feel quite overtly critical for the mark down on location as it was perfect for me. It may be difficult for some to find and it is not so close to Granada (25 mins bus). It can seem a little dark inside the main rooms but let me remind you that the hostel is a little piece of paradise that you will never want to leave. The staff are polite, friendly and informative. The location is so beautiful, pictures do not do it justice. Locals are warm and inviting.

Stayed: April 2015, traveled with family
1  Thank romeo2u2001
Reviewed March 17, 2015

The hostel is a very comfortable place. As soon as I walked in I felt good about it. Everything is kept very clean and in order and the people are friendly and welcoming, making you feel at home.
In addition to this, it is located at a great location, resulting in beautiful views on the hills surrounding the village from the terrace. It is easy to relax in the hostel, or go hiking to explore the surroundings. If you want to explore the city, Granada is only a 30 minute busride away.

• Stayed: March 2015, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed February 23, 2015

I stayed at Fundalucia during the Christmas period December 2014 and had an absolutely wonderful time. I had intially planned to stay for three days but felt so relaxed that i stayed for about eight days. This place was more like a cozy home than a hostel wth spotlessly clean rooms, a lovely cozy lounge and kitchen area and a terrace with the most amazing views overlooking the Sierra Nevada mountains. I must say i found it very hard to pull myself away.
Axel the host and his staff created a really homely relaxed atmosphere and was always at hand to provide any help and advice that was needed. We even enjoyed Christmas dinner together with the owner at his place next door. It was so nice to be staying in an authentic Andalusian Village. I would definitely try and find a reason to be in Southern Spain again so I can revisit this wonderful place. Definitely reccomended.

• Stayed: December 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed October 30, 2014

We stayed here in March because we wanted to mix some culture in with our skiing trip to Sierra Nevada. Initially, we struggled to find the place because we were driving and it had become too dark, and the village of Quentar is also quite a confusing rabbit warren. That was no problem however as Axel, the caretaker/manager came to find us after we had given him a quick call. He soon got us comfortable in the self-catering apartment, but we were very tired and without any supplies so he invited us back to the main hostel for some simple but delicious food. He made us feel very welcome. The rest of our stay was lovely and we even took Axel up on the offer of a visit to see some flamenco. We were not sure we would enjoy it at first, but we had great night.

Thank you Axel and thank you Fundalucia for a memorable stay. We hope to be back sometime.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 9, 2014

I wasn't sure what to expect when I arrived at this guesthouse, but I knew I made the right decision from the moment I walked in. They were incredibly welcoming and it feels less like a hostel or guesthouse and more like a family. It is small and quiet and the views from the outdoor terrace were incredible. The hike down to the lake is well worth it and I recommend renting kayaks as well - saves you the trek down there and kayaking around the lake and into the cave was a blast. The village is small and quant and the people are very friendly. The owner also offers hypnotherapy which I took advantage of and found very interesting. If you're looking for some peace and relaxation away from the city, this is the place. I miss it already and am already planning a return visit. Thank you again Axel!!

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled solo