Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Sahel Villa Resort
Ashford, United Kingdom
“WOW”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

This has got to be one of the most beautiful places that has been as untouched as it can be. Only a small boat trip to the island I found myself thinking I could be in Africa. The service from start to finish was exceptional. He place was clean and easily accessible. The villa took my breath away. It was private yet staff were on hand if needed. The whole experience was second to none and I will remember it forever. I would go back in an instance. Food was top class. Facilities were amazing. The safari was an experience not to miss. Attention to detail was fantastic. Loved every minute of it,

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol S
Christoph H, Manager at Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Sahel Villa Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear Carol

Many thanks for the fabulous review and we are delighted that you had such a wonderful stay with us.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to Anantara Al Sahel Villa Resort in the future.

Christoph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

We, the family and grand parents, all drove from Abu Dhabi to the Anantara hotel on Sir Bani Yas Island. We were checked in on the main land before catching the hotel ferry to the island. A slight hiccup with a room was corrected quickly and without fuss.
The staff made us feel very welcome.
The kids (and the rest of us to be totally honest) loved to pool and access to the beach.
We had some very nice meals at the buffet restaurant and an exquisite meal at the seafood restaurant.
We all tried to activities. Some of us going on a safari and others of us going on the nature walk in the park (and some of us did both). The safari is strange as life only exists on the island because of the thousands of kms of irrigation. It is well worth and it feels more like a safari than a zoo or wild life park trip. The nature walk (and monastery tour) is well worth it. You get very close to some amazing animals.

We'll be back!!!

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank ISAD2108
Dubai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Al Sahel is stunning. Simple as that. Set in the Sir Bani Yas reserve it has everything we needed for a get away. Location, services, facilities, food, environment, wildlife, what else do you need. We were treated like royalty throughout our stay.

We've stayed a a few of the Anantara resorts in the UAE and this is the very best. I've copied below an email I had to send to their management during our stay - we really could not wait to send it to them, the experience was just so good.

"I was going to wait until I got home to write this but just can’t.

You’re staff, from the moment we made the request below did everything possible to ensure we have a wonderful night. We have had a level of service here, food and attention that we haven’t had elsewhere, including other Anantara properties in the UAE. To say that we are happy would be an understatement of epic proportions.

Moath, Dams and all their staff, are incredible. Gerald, the chef, is a gem. Bringing the main course to our table and delivering up what was one of the best meals we have had at a restaurant to quite some time. It was also one of the largest and I only hope we did justice to his great meal by trying as much of it as we could.

I’d like to thank you and all of them for their hard work and making our weekend one to remember. Writing this with one more night still to come I really can’t say just how good this experience has been already."

That same level of service, attention to detail, and spooling of us continued throughout our stay! Where else can you get all of this and even see Cheetah's eating a fresh kill early in the morning!

Room Tip: With a pool...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Iliyas C
Dear Iliyas

Thank you for your fantastic TripAdvisor review and very kind words, and I can assure you that we were as delighted to have you stay with us, as you were with your stay.

I certainly trust that the team at Anantara Al Sahel Villa Resort will have the opportunity to welcome you back to our piece of paradise in the future and can assure you that you can expect the same pampering which you so enjoyed during your last stay with us.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

First time on the island, first time with Anantara.... in one word, an INCREDIBLE experience. Perfect pre-stay service provided by Front Office & the resort management, big thanks to Daniel & Christoph for helping with my with all my inquiries. Very friendly reception at the ferry port (Jebel Dhanna), perfect boat transfer. The warmest welcome upon our arrival on the island. We had the pleasure meeting Sara, who drove us to Al Sahel Resort & was so kind to give us more explanation on the origin of the island & hotel. Very smooth & quick check-in. The villa's & the resort are absolutely gorgeous. The surroundings are so peaceful. We did the Nature & Wildlife Drive with Theo, spotted a Giraffe, Peacock, Ostrich, Cheetah... amazing! We also enjoyed the Desert Romance - Couples Spa package at Anantara Spa, 135 minutes of pure relaxation & joy! All the staff were extremely friendly, complying with all our requests. Overall, for us this was a perfect stay, and a perfect getaway from Dubai! I would strongly recommend it to all!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liesbeth V
Dear Liesbeth

Thank you for the fantastic review, and we are delighted that you had such a fantastic getaway with us.

We always do our utmost to exceed guest expectations, and I am certain that we will welcome you back to Anantara Al Sahel Villa Resort in the future, so we can provide you with another magical experience.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2014

I have been there for 2 days and I can say that it has an emazing decore with an AFRICA style. Their stuff from the manager to the security are polite and nice. I guess I can say it a plave where you can surprise your beloved.

• Stayed March 2014
Dear Nawal

Thank you for your kind words and the positive review.

We can only look forward to your next visit and trust that it will be even better than your previous stay.

Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stayed with my wife for a couple of nights and it is the best 2 day break that I have ever had. The staff are absolutely fantastic and nothing is too much trouble for them. Accommodation is absolutely first class as you would expect from Anantara but the decor is great and really in keeping with the surroundings. We did the heritage tour and the wildlife tour and both were excellent the guides were great very friendly and informative. If you are doing the wildlife drive go early in the morning as the animals are more active and you will get more photo opportunities.
The Savannah restaurant is absolutely phenomenal and everything that we had was superb from breakfast, through to lunch and dinner.

Room Tip: They are all good, villa 60 is the furthest from the main building and very quiet and secluded.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank James_HK
Dear James

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a positive review.

We are delighted that you had such a great stay with us, and that you made time to join in some of the activities.

I will certainly pass your comments on to the team, and we trust to welcome you back to Anantara Al Sahel Villa Resort in the near future.

Paris, France
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 8, 2014

This was my third stay on Sir Bani Yas Island - a real bolt hole from the busy cities of the Emirates. My previous stays were at the hotel and at the Al Yamm villas which were both wonderful, but this time I tried the Al Sahel lodge (in February so it was a bit cool for swimming!) which is situated in the wildlife park.
There are now several flights a week with Rotana jet from Dubai Terminal 2 which take 40 minutes. I took this but passport controls on the return journey were very long. (there are also flights from Al Bhateen airport in Abu Dhabi wih Rotana, also about 40 minutes, which I like because it is tiny and friendly and check-in and formalities are dealt with more quickly both on outward and return journeys). I recommend taking the flights as the journey by road then the water taxi takes about 31/2 hours.
On arrival at the tiny airport on the island there was a very warm welcome from staff and a short drive through the wildlife park to the lodge, seeing gazelles, peacocks, giraffes and an ostrich on the way. There are cool towels and drinks provided in reception whilst the excellent front office staff complete the check-in.
I stayed in a one bedroom pool villa on the savannah side of the lodge. The hotel is built in a U shape around open land which is like the African savannah. There are gazelles grazing freely all around the grounds. However, if you go there with young children, do bear in mind that the lodge is situated in the wildlife park where cheetahs and hyenas roam, and they can get into the lodge grounds so you must be extremely vigilant.
My villa (66) was spacious and decorated with taste like all the Anantara properties on the island. I especially loved sitting on the deck watching the animals and hearing the birds chirping. What peace! You can imagine you are in Africa (and I have visited the Kruger!) A mention too for the African inspired decor, with the thatched roof. the bathroom and the fantastic style of the bath! As other guests have commented, the light switch system is a bit difficult to understand at first but you do get the hang of it after testing it out a few times.
The staff are all extremely helpful and friendly all the time and will organize your activities for you, though it is best to plan them in advance of your arrival as they do get booked up. I went on a safari drive through the park with tea and dates at the end on top of a mountain to watch the sunset. For people who want activities on the island there is diving, snorkeling, kayaking, land sailing, mountain biking, and wadi walking. I tried the spa on a previous stay and that was marvelous!
Al Sahel has one restaurant which has great food. The dishes are delicious, especially the meat - so tender! There is also a 'boma' organized regularly. That is an African barbecue around a camp fire in a special area near to the restaurant. You can also take a transfer bus to go to the restaurants at the Desert Islands hotel or to Al Yamm villas. I love the Amwaj restaurant next to the water sports centre. The cocktails are great and the international 'tapas' style food is delicious.
I thoroughly recommend a stay at Al Sahel lodge on Sir Bani Yas Island if you are looking for a different and unique break in the Emirates.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
5 Thank Gwen D
Dear Gwen

Thank you for your review and all the kind mentions of what you enjoyed about your stay.

We are delighted that you had such a fabulous stay with us and can only trust that this will inspire you to book your next experience with us in the near future. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in our piece of paradise.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Sir Bani Yas Island
Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Yamm Villa Resort
Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al ...
#2 of 3 in Sir Bani Yas Island
Dhafra Beach Hotel
Dhafra Beach Hotel
#2 of 2 in Jebel Dhanna
Grand Mercure Residence Abu Dhabi
Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa
Anantara Desert Islands Resort &...
#3 of 3 in Sir Bani Yas Island
Danat Jebel Dhanna Resort
Danat Jebel Dhanna Resort
#1 of 2 in Jebel Dhanna
Barracuda Beach Resort
Barracuda Beach Resort
#1 of 7 in Umm Al Quwain

Been to Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Sahel Villa Resort? Share your experiences!