All reviews abu dhabi wildlife drive plunge pool italian chef olio restaurant small gym beach view arabian gulf coffee table horse riding savannah grill the main hotel an unforgettable experience safari tour service level nature reserve arabic restaurant
Reviewed April 9, 2017

A nice place to disconnect and relax. The natural conservation and Safari drives are nice. When we went, some of the water activites were no longer offered. Most the activities seemed interesting and you could easily fill your day in 3 or 4 days stay. We did the conservation drive which was nice, also did the Safari trip which was also great. Wanted to do the mangroves but it was stormy in the 2 days we spent there.

• Stayed: March 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
1  Thank jamala523
Christian G, General Manager at Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Yamm Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 20, 2017

Dear jamala523
Greetings from Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Resort.
Thank you very much for your kind review.
We are very extremely happy to understand you spent a pleasant stay holiday here at Al Yamm far from the hustle and bustle of the city and find in our lovely island a quiet getaway.
We are planning to implement some new activity from September and we hope to have the honor to welcoming you back to experience in first hand. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly in regarding of your second visit to our lovely island.
Warm Regards,
Laura Mutti
Villas Manager

Reviewed April 7, 2017 via mobile

I went to this hotel with work.
We took the 3 children and had three villas.
One 2 bed villa and two one bed villas.
We have lived in the UAE for 8 years so used to the fabulous customer service and hotel standard.
However I was disappointed by the old looking and feeling villas.
Blinds didn't work Efficiently and when they were down they let enough light in to easily read. Not what you want with three small children.

The food at all the hotels was distinctly very average.
The Italian is the best of a bad bunch.

The hotel staff were nice but slow.
The activities would have maybe saved this holiday however we had an unlucky bout of torrential rain.
The kids club was terrible!

The safari was brilliant the guide was so knowledgable and the animals looks and seem very happy.

I wouldn't return to this hotel but it was a experience.

Stayed: March 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank K M
Christian G, Manager at Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Yamm Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 3, 2017

Dear K M ,

Warm Greetings from Sir Bani Yas Resorts,

We would like to thank you for taking your time to fill up the survey and we are glad to know that you have enjoyed the experience.

We will all be very happy to welcome you back soon and I will personally be at your disposal for any further queries.

Best Regards
Rachid Bakas
Rooms Division Manager

Reviewed April 5, 2017

The main reason to visit this hotel was my recent trip to Anantara Qasr al Sarab. I have been there one month before and I was extremly excited and we decided to visit Anantara Sir baniyas for our anniversary with my husband.
But once I step inside the reception on the coast, I started feeling that it will not worth it. Coffe machine was not working, the empty bottles was on the floor, dirty bar has nothing to take from.
The boat was very old and through the dirty window you can't see the beauty of the sea.
We stayed in Al Yamm villas, where we get in a comfortable Nissan Petrol (the best part of our stay). When I step inside the villa, the smell inside just knocked me down. The floor is made of some cropped stone and painted, it was so uncomfortable to step on it, so I asked about the slippers, which are provided in all 5 stars hotel, but I never got it.. The bed was really soft and nice, I loved it. But the towels was very old and not good quality.
The beach was very far- its not same close as on the picture and there were no pool in the villa as on the picture.
The most terrible thing was at the end, when after getting out from the boat, I didn't find my luggage.... They lost it... after sometime the receptionist called me and said that they gave my luggage to other guy and I was offered his number to call him and maybe run after him to take it.... I said only WOW We are on the border with Saudia Arabia and its 4 hours to drive to Dubai and I was offered to find the guy with my trolley! By the way it was 2 pieces of luggage lost- the 2nd one was still not found...
One word: NOT WORTH IT! no value for the money you will pay

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Minor Hotels
1  Thank luizamua
Christian G, General Manager at Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Al Yamm Villa Resort, responded to this reviewResponded April 6, 2017

Dear luizamua

Greetings from Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Resorts.

We would like to thank you very much for your review here on TripAdvisor and sharing your experiences with us.

As you can imagine we are very disappointed that we were not able to WOW you during your short visit .

I fully agree that your experiences you described above are not our usual high standards we are known for and as you can read the majority of our guests experienced in the past.

I do apologies that our arrival center on that particular day was not looking fresh since we experienced a lot of the guest arriving the same time however there is no excuse for not clearing up .

I sincerely regret to see that you felt the villa was not meeting your expectations and that you felt that the distance to the beach was quite long.. We actually never received this comment and felt that the view from the villas overlooking the extensive beach or the mangroves and the gulf was like a post card view. Indeed some of the villas do have a pool , those are advertised as our One Bedroom Beach Pool Villa or one Bedroom Pool Villa , in your case you did book a one bedroom villa overlooking the mangrove. But I am delighted to see that you enjoyed the soft mattresses .

Your experience with your luggage is for sure unacceptable and I sincerely apologies for this situation. I have to admit this didn't happen before and I will personally look into our procedures to prevent this from happening again in the future. I am glad that this was solved at the very end and you were able to receive your luggage which was mistakenly taken by another guest.

I sincerely apologies for your experience and I wish I could turn the time back to make this un happen but unfortunately this is not possible. I would hope you would give us another chance to show you that this was a one time off experience and for us to show you the true Anantara Hospitality.

If you plan to visit us again I would kindly ask you to contact me directly at cgerart@anantara.com so I personally can assist you with your booking arrangements.

Best regards

Christian Gerart

Reviewed April 4, 2017

We are currently staying at the Sir Bani Yas Island and travelled here from the UK as we were looking for a luxury resort off the beaten track. It is a fantastic place, staff are exceptional, our beach villa is large and just on the beach and the Italian food in the restaurant is delicious. Activities are extremely well organised with knowledgable guides. Archery was great fun and the horse riding was brilliant, the guides were fantastic with our 9 year old. We went out on safari today and saw a wide range of animals. Our guide spoke to us the whole way round and was very passionate about the animals and conservation programme. I would definitely recommend this island for families who are wishing to visit the Middle East but don't want to stay in the huge resorts/hotels in the city.
There are very few negatives about our stay, I wouldn't let them put anyone off staying here but it is worth noting that the air conditioning units in the villa is rather loud at night. There has been an unpleasant smell in our villa throughout our stay caused by heavy rain last week and a sewage issue.
Thank you Al Yamm for a fantastic holiday.

• Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family

Dear Jennycooke,
Greetings from Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Resorts
We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience with us here in Tripadvisor.
We are extremely happy to hear that you decide to visit us from so far as UK and that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We are glad to hear that enjoyed your overall experience and we were able to exceed your expectation in terms of hospitality, food and professionalism from our team member and activities guide, all of them work with passion to allowed guest to leave our island with long last memories.
We sincerely apologize of the inconvenience you experience in your villa during your stay, unfortunately the rain of last period put as in a very big challenge regarding room condition and functionality, problem that we are already take in care with our dedicate team.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back , please do not hesitate to contact us directly in order to assist you with your next booking.
Warm Regards,
Laura Mutti
Villas Manager

Reviewed April 4, 2017 via mobile

When Anantara came on offer through groupon, I grabbed the offer and happily took my family during the spring break.

The start to the trip was delightful as was al Yam villa, the food variety & quality was good, pretty much everything was leading towards a dream trip. Especially the safari was an eye opening experience with a truly informed guide. We did notice slight frustration with the staff in general but it was overshadowed by our over all experience at the hotel till the very end.

Anantara sorely disappointed us in their attitude towards guests who have no option but to stay beyond the stated package dates due to high tide. I do understand that it's beyond the hotel management's control but being in a hospitality business especially at a location where the weather plays a big role they have to be a little more understanding of or atleast inform guests before coming on island of such possibilities.

While they offered overnight stay and next days breakfast for free in the event of continued tides; no offer was made to provide even the most basic meal till morning if not for their extravagant lunch or dinner buffets which are high priced for the more budget restricted (hence package deal) visitors.

But the worst was when we had explained ourselves to the manager and she said " everyone else has been cooperative".
The implication was unwarranted and surprising.

Overall, tainted experience only due to this. It is a shame that a hotel of such high standards do not have a more considerate policy in place to handle situations like the above.

Stayed: April 2017, traveled with family

Dear Mohammed R

Greetings from Anantara Sir Bani Yas Island Resorts.

We would like to thank you very much for having visited us on our little paradise island.

We are very glad to see that overall you had a fantastic time with your family and that you all enjoyed the resort, the facilities and the service.

I am a bit surprised though to read your comment about our team members would be " slightly frustrated" and I would appreciated if you could share your thoughts directly with me so I could look into this personally .

Please accept my apologies for the situation of the strong winds occurred during your stay. This was one of the very rare occasion where the water taxi operation was put on hold due to very strong winds. We always try our very utmost to make this unforeseen circumstances as pleasant as possible by providing the accommodation and the breakfast for the next day. I took note of your comments and would like to inform that our guests are more then welcome to order from our lunch menus which offers a wide selection of sandwiches, salads and light fares at any time. I will be re- emphasizing this with our team.

We would hope to have the pleasure welcoming you again. Please do follow us on facebook or check our website for our amazing packages or promotions we have to offer or just email us when you plan to come back so we can send you our offers.

Best regards