Excellent surprise. All went well and we enjoyed the "cool" place by mid-May. We came from Dubai rushing to not miss the Navette from the jetty to the Island.
Hotel entrance is fantastic. Lobby & decoration are all perfect.
Room (perfect) facing the sea with balcony & transat. We organize our sofa on the beach to face the sea as well. Sunset side of course :)
Swimming by the sea in front of the new restaurant : Amwaj (very good food & perfect service - don't miss that one - all diners were there except the last one in the mountain), snorkeling, relaxing,...Pool at the end for some fresh water.
Game drive/Safari at sunset. Spotted all animals: been very lucky as told us Kate & Yasmen. 4 cheetahs !!!! was also great to visit the Island and listenig to history & explanation.
Fishing another day 3 hours starting 6am is enough to catch enough barracudas, queen fishes & king fishes. Dolphins paying around as well :) Kept one fish for BBQ as all fishes must be return by the sea. The sea around the island is also a game reserve and the rule is to release each fish been captured except one if you want to eat it: we kept a Queen fish. Was very good.
One candle diner with BBQ at sunset (again?) in the middle of Island; Top of the mountain. Tip Top. Super. Just do it :) It's a total change of scenery driving in the game park to reach this lost place for a perfect diner.
Very relaxing place. Definitely recommended. Staff is perfect and please ask Sara for a complete succesful visit to the place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With 64 luxuriously appointed rooms, suites, spacious one-bedroom villas and truly luxurious two-bedroom Royal Villas, Desert Islands Resort & Spa by Anantara invites you to live out your own Arabian nights in a destination that is anything but ordinary. 240km from Abu Dhabi City and just eight kilometers off the Abu Dhabi emirate’s western coastline, the island beckons with a mystique that is worlds away from the hustle and bustle of modern urban life. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, DerbySoft Ltd Shanghai HQ, Agoda, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, HotelsforEveryone and HotelQuickly so you can book your Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Desert Islands Resort & Spa By Anantara Hotel Sir Bani Yas Island
- Desert Islands Resort And Spa By Anantara
- Desert Islands Hotel
- Anantara Desert Islands Resort & Spa Emirate Of Abu Dhabi/Sir Bani Yas Island